Neatness of notes (1 Viewer)

selablad

HSC
Within about a week of a new school year starting, my notes deteriorate into random doodles with a few words thrown around the page. My friends can't understand a word of it, but it makes sense to me :uhhuh:

I never write beautiful, tidy notes arranged under lovely underlined headings, with dates on every new section. I just kind of listen and take down important-sounding stuff. I wrote my physics notes all last week in rhyming poetry :D

So yeah...how neat are your notes?

HSC
mine are pretty horrible :p. My writing seriously looks like a 6 yr old wrote it :/. I honestly just dont care if my writing can't be read. i can read it and thats what matters :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Notes? What notes?... :eek:

I just study from the textbook usually. Before an exam, i'll just run through the syllabus, and make sure I know everything. If I don't, then I'll look it up in my textbook and maybe make a jolt down a few points where I can see it to help me remember.

Some of the teachers force me to take notes. Such as my physics teacher... if I don't have my book out, and look like i'm taking notes, he gives me the death stare :cold: . My economics teacher just threatens to fail me, so I scribble something semi-legible from my friends book then i'll recycle the paper (I use a made in china writing pad with easily removable pages) when I get home.

In english, I just squiggle in my book with elongated and bunched up squiggles, then the teacher thinks i'm taking down notes, but it's more of a bunched up sine curve, done messily. :D

Sometimes, the teaches say they'll check the notes i've made, and I'll just copy and paste some stuff into a word document, and pretend it's my own work. :D

selablad

HSC
This is a typical page from my physics notebook, and the reason why I am spending this weekend typing up my notes...

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
This is a typical page from my physics notebook, and the reason why I am spending this weekend typing up my notes...
thats colorful, and pretty. I tend to draw around the outside edge, but mine is about as messy as yours. :D Is your name shannon?

selablad

HSC
Haha, my name isn't Shannon, and I don't know anyone called Shannon...I just like that name...:D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
Haha, my name isn't Shannon, and I don't know anyone called Shannon...I just like that name...:D
Oh, then it's the same way I scribble Zaraki Kenpachi all over my books. :D

selablad

HSC
theshortykatt said:
no, its terrible.
and you, who jsut studies out of a textbook. doesnt your teachers give you notes?? other sources?

guys, get other pieces of paper to scrible/doodle on.
I did. I totally anticipated my doodling frenzy, and I bought 2 whole notebooks just for scribbling in.

But I finished them in about 3 weeks and I never got round to getting new ones :shy:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
no, its terrible.
and you, who jsut studies out of a textbook. doesnt your teachers give you notes?? other sources?

guys, get other pieces of paper to scrible/doodle on.
My economics teacher gives me notes. But I just recycle them because I like the my textbook better. The notes my chemistry teacher gives me are the Keep it simple science booklets, so I just put them in my giant pile of "To be sorted at some later (usually next year) time".

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
how on earth do you find time or boredom to scribble in your books?? i dont have a problem with that in any class.

get working yo!
I can't get working in class. I know all the stuff because i'm mainly self-taught, so to me, it all feels too unimportant to write down. And since I'm forced to look like i'm doing work, I squiggle in my book. :D

jazzbaby

HSC
when i type up notes the HAVE to be in calibri font
i dont know why but i just cant study with times new roman lol

but school books are neat as well

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
jazzbaby said:
when i type up notes the HAVE to be in calibri font
i dont know why but i just cant study with times new roman lol

but school books are neat as well
YES! Thank god for word 2007. :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
i hate that textbook sometimes!! grr!!
(the yr 12 one is massive too!!)
I know! I was looking for enthalapy and specific heat capacity in the water module, and it turns out it was in the energy section, even though the syllabus has specific heat capacity under water i think. Grr!

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
hahaha, i havent been able to find a chem textbook that im happy with, so i have to rely on many of my teachers note (which are pretty good)
do you use the supporting sheets to con. chem? i dont know if they come from a book, but i know they are written to (grr i can think of the word) support con. chem.
I didn't know there were supporting sheets... :(

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
here are my BEST english notes that I could find. There is a distinct lack of pictures and scribles, because I was on the verge of falling asleep as I took those notes. :D I fell asleep in the end, but that was right before the bell, so the teacher didn't have an opportunity to pwn me for sleeping in class.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
yer there are somewhere...

they are pretty bad too tbh. what do you have to study from for your exams?
for every text i have pages and pages of notes on everything.
In english, I study from sparknotes. :D I'm proud to say I havn't read more than 50% of any school text for english. :D Sparknotes is my saviour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)