Nba Thread (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I wanna see cavs make it, Lebron has done so much. his stats are all across the board, today he posted a 30-5-5-5 coming off a triple double. If they can somehow keep Big Z and sign Michael Redd or Damon Stoudamire they will be stronger post season, especially with Varejeo developing well.

Anyway, i think Miami will get it. NEws is nestorovic is on the injured list, not looking good for the spurs.

xsb

copious said:
I wanna see cavs make it, Lebron has done so much. his stats are all across the board, today he posted a 30-5-5-5 coming off a triple double. If they can somehow keep Big Z and sign Michael Redd or Damon Stoudamire they will be stronger post season, especially with Varejeo developing well.

Anyway, i think Miami will get it. NEws is nestorovic is on the injured list, not looking good for the spurs.
looks like rasho is gone for the season.
But how bout spurs winning two double OTs on back to back days :) and without gino in the second game.
Pretty impressive stuff there
I still think theyll get the best record in the league, especially if duncan comes back a few games before the playoffs

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
whats everyones thoughts on david stern's 20 year old age limit for rookies coming into the nba? I reckon its a great idea, it'll mean no more kwame browns! On the same note, did anyone read Jermaine Oneal's comments about the age limit thing be regarded as 'racist'? funniest thing ive read ever.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
what's this age limit thing?
i haven't heard about it yet =(

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
20 y.o. age limit is a great idea because they need dumb arses like jermaine o'neal to stay in school

racist? hah you've got to be kidding me

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Airness said:
what's this age limit thing?
i haven't heard about it yet =(
They want to put a cap on the age of rookies declaring for the draft, basicly stopping people coming straight out of high school and forcing them to goto college for a year or two to develop their game. I see it as a great initiative to preserve the integrity of the nba, there's too many dumbass swingmen in the game at the moment, and too many players being paid shitloads to develop, when they could be in college getting developed and playing regular bball.

Jermaine Oneal think its racist because it denies african americans who's only skill is bball. His argument is if you can goto war at 18 why cant you play bball? I dunno if he's looked around or not, but like 99% of the nba is african american o_O

Alimoe_KG

HSC
copious said:
They want to put a cap on the age of rookies declaring for the draft, basicly stopping people coming straight out of high school and forcing them to goto college for a year or two to develop their game. I see it as a great initiative to preserve the integrity of the nba, there's too many dumbass swingmen in the game at the moment, and too many players being paid shitloads to develop, when they could be in college getting developed and playing regular bball.

Jermaine Oneal think its racist because it denies african americans who's only skill is bball. His argument is if you can goto war at 18 why cant you play bball? I dunno if he's looked around or not, but like 99% of the nba is african american o_O
i agree completely =)

haha on that racist thing, that reminds me. Larry Bird said sometime ago that there needs to be more white superstars in the NBA :p the NBA big shots got all flustered but charles barkley agreed with Bird hehehehe ^^ and barkley is the funniest mother ever =D Man i wish i could watch Inside The NBA on TNT =( stupid Aus. TV. I say less Neighbours/X Factor/and all that other crap and more NBA! =/

Last edited by a moderator:

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
Airness said:
i agree completely =)

haha on that racist thing, that reminds me. Larry Bird said sometime ago that there needs to be more white superstars in the NBA :p the NBA big shots got all flustered but charles barkley agreed with Bird hehehehe ^^ and barkley is the funniest mother ever =D Man i wish i could watch Inside The NBA on TNT =( stupid Aus. TV. I say less Neighbours/X Factor/and all that other crap and more NBA! =/
more nba! more nba!

cameronS

HSC
they use to air NBA on ten back in the 90's...

inside NBA + a game.

those were the days.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
watch, if Andrew Bogut becomes a top 3 pick( he might even get #1) i bet they will start showing nba games late at night or on the weekend.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
copious said:
watch, if Andrew Bogut becomes a top 3 pick( he might even get #1) i bet they will start showing nba games late at night or on the weekend.
CORRECT! i hope :D And if they don't, lets all write letters to whoever it is up at the big end of town and complain that they aren't supporting aussie talent =)

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
Airness said:
CORRECT! i hope :D And if they don't, lets all write letters to whoever it is up at the big end of town and complain that they aren't supporting aussie talent =)
we can onli hope...nba, nba, nba...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
copious said:
What's the bet they'll only show games involving his team.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
LA :p
i wanna see the Aussies start bagging out Kobe as well

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Well i think its most likely between, atlanta, utah, new orleans and charlotte. Utah would be good, he'll learn heaps from boozer and okur and not to mention kirlenko, but the amount of minutes he will get is questionable. If he goes to atalanta there will be a solid set of guards for him(smith,childress). I would like to see him in Charlotte though, i thnk an Okafor/Bogut front court will be deadly.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
copious said:
Well i think its most likely between, atlanta, utah, new orleans and charlotte. Utah would be good, he'll learn heaps from boozer and okur and not to mention kirlenko, but the amount of minutes he will get is questionable. If he goes to atalanta there will be a solid set of guards for him(smith,childress). I would like to see him in Charlotte though, i thnk an Okafor/Bogut front court will be deadly.
deadly indeed! people people, it is time for our thoughts on who should be MVP, defensive player of the year, rookie of the year, and name your All NBA first and second teams! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)