NBA passion (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol garnett and kidd play totally different positions. a better comparison would be perhaps, garnett or duncan? , i'd still pick garnett. kobe's stats are looking decent too, he's got a double every match nearly, close to triple double sometimes.

HSC
hmm i like both garnett and duncan..
and umm....these 2 are the leaders in doubles? :D

what i love about garnett and duncan is that they have patented moves which seriously cant be stopped
garnett and his turnaround j, duncans kiss of the glass...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
true, garnett does have a formidable record, but kidd averages over 9 in assists, and garnett is not quite up there in that department.

plus it is a point guards job to take plenty of shots, look at T-mac's or Iverson's FG%, well below .500.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
garnett averages 5 assists per game, pretty decent for a power forward. i dont think tmac and ai play as point guards though, they are mainly shooting guards recieving support from tyron lue and eric snow respectively.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
yeah, ur right, i just checked out nba.com, and they are put down as SG. oh well, learnt somethin new

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reno2004
plus it is a point guards job to take plenty of shots, look at T-mac's or Iverson's FG%, well below .500.
playing as a point guard, i was always taught to take care of the ball and to pass first......

and only 10 players in the nba are shooting over 50%, anyway
sam cassell shoots just under 50% and averages 7.6 assists a game, excellent for a PG

HSC
sam i am is playing like a man possessed this season~! i predict twolves going deep into the playoffs...unless they matchup against the rockets :D

and yeha...point guards' job isnt to score...its more like....being the floor general, controlling the game tempo, finding the open man and shooting when they know they can make it.....basically letting the game come to them

only guy around who does that is jkidd tho....
but i gotta give starbury some props. that guy has had 13-14 apg for the last week or so

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yup, j kidd , starbury, tj ford and kirk heinrich look to be doing it too.,

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
tj ford looks like he could be a good player in the future, possibly also heinrich

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
he had a motorcycle accident, was part of the bulls' "rebuilding" but they released him recently

the bulls always seem to rebuild....they traded elton brand for tyson chandler and then traded artest and miller for rose who was then traded for antonio davis and jerome williams.
so altogether they traded 3 all stars for one crappy kid and two guys who are past their prime. and now williams is gone, but heinrich seems to have the goods

and they got rid of hassell and hoiberg who werent getting many minutes in chicago, but those two moved to minnesota where they are getting major minutes and are on a team that is winning.

sucks to be a bulls' fan

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
probably is gonna suck more being a celtic fan though....

beyond the arc

J.Williams is doing rehab after his motorcycle accident at Duke, where he went to college.

at least the bulls will get a good draft pick next year

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by beyond the arc
at least the bulls will get a good draft pick next year
they get good high picks every year (post jordan), they just love to trade them away for crappy players when they are about to become all-stars

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
yeah, bulls have never been the same, since jordan and scottie left.

too bad, but it is gonna take them a while to build

HSC
its gonna be a while for ANY TEAM to be at the jordan/scottie level

neways, hope the knicks and heat make playoffs~!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm only if jason kidd moved to the lakers instead of payton. shaq,kobe,kidd, malone, unstoppable. but then again he probaly wouldnt of fit under the cap.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Well... this season's MVP has to be Kevin Garnett. Hands down the most valuable player in the NBA (he got robbed last year too).

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
i agree, garnett has easily been the best player all season

garnett for MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)