• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NBA passion (2 Viewers)

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
the tv guide in the mail always has the espn times wrong....

heres what we're getting from the all star weekend:

SATURDAY 14 FEBRUARY
1100 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
1300 NBA All-Star Rookie Game

SUNDAY 15 FEBRUARY
1200 NBA All-Star Saturday

MONDAY 16 FEBRUARY
1200 NBA All-Star Game

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i hope they show the got milk rookie challenge. should be good.

HSC
what?!?

nah kobe is starting for west

ummm...i just hope they show the dunk contest! im fairly sure theyll show the rookie game!

hehe last years was funny, when jrich bounces the ball off boozer's face then shoots the three to end the game
hahahah

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
mate US College is probaly far more superior than our NBL.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
i disagree there copious, the nbl is a lot better, 2 years ago, the number 1 college team at the time came to tour australia, i think it was arizona, well they played the kings reserves plus matt nielsen and kavossy franklin, and nielsen dropped 60 points on them one game, and then franklin dropped 40 the next, and this was the kings reserves, the guys who get 0 court time/train-on squad, heres the box of kavossy's big game, cant find the one for nielsen, but you get the idea
http://arizonaathletics.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/052402aab.html

at the beginning of the season, the kings played the university of iowa and only lost by 1, heres the box http://www.sydneykings.com.au/tlml/iowaboxsco
but the team that played only had 5 NBL players, with sheriden the only one who gets regular minutes

anyway, had nielsen's big game been in america, it wouldve been big news all over the country

if the NBL was filled with 20 year olds like it is in the college system, they would be far superior, but our NBL has players who've been it the NBA, been to europe and know they game very well

and go watch the nbl this wednesday or saturday night, 2 games for the kings this week :)

HSC
nah i dont think arizona was number 1. i mean, the game was played in may...whcih was after the NCAA final and before NBA draft...
and maryland won that year?!(dont quote me on that)
neways...the best players wouldve went to NBA...and looking at the lineup, the only recognisable nba player is luke walton...and he was drafted in 2003...

and yeah, i dont believe NBL is better than college. even ABA is better than NBL :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol. i went to see the kings play the breakers a few weeks back, it was the most boring game ive seen in a while. i atleast wanted to see a fast break or something, but it was good to see matty and ebi drop about 40 points each.

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
i had season tickets to the kings for like 6 years then then year i stop going they actually become a good team and get a premiership

HSC
is anybody else watching allstarweekend?!?

rookie game was boring
skills challenge was ok
3 point shootout...well...peja lost...:(
dunk comp was a fucking joke~! chris anderson shouldve been in the final~!

jrich and fred jones missed their last dunks as well...what a pathetic end to it

but jrich did an off-the-glass alleyoop between-the-legs dunk...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
the rookie vs sophomore game wasnt that bad, as usual defense was non existant. heaps of nice dunks though. ronal murray was schooling a few of the rookies.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
yeah that was alright, highlight of the weekend so far has to be richard jefferson rejecting the crap out that random guy in the celebrity game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)