NBA Basketball (2 Viewers)

AppleNader

HSC
Does anyone know stories why a player wears a certain number?

I know Gilbert Arenas wears his number 0 because thats how much time he was told he was going to be given at college by his high school coach.

Funny story about Gilbert...he then transferred over to Grant HS[which is no more then 5 minutes away from Van Nuys HS where the coach said he'd get 0 minutes] and then proceeded to drop over 40 points in his first game against Van Nuys.

Also, he's a NBA superstar now making major bank.

Gazz95

HSC
I know why Michael Jordan wore 23. His older brother wore number 45, MJ just wanted to be half as good as his brother and because 45 is an odd number he rounded 22.5 to 23.

Gilbert Arenas is a mad dog, did anyone hear the story of when he didn't gt picked for the 2006 World championships? One of the team USA coaches was Mike D'antoni formerly of the Phoenix suns, anyway after not being picked for the USA team, Gilbert stated that he would take revenge on Mike D'antoni and another coach (Can't remember which one) by dropping 50 points on the Phoeanix suns next time he played them. And true to his word the next game the Wizards met Phoenix he dropped 54 points in a win.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Oden's got no game.

In June, Oden attended a Kanye West/Rihanna concert in Portland, where he met Rihanna after the show. (Oden, while down to earth, concedes that celebrity perks do not suck.) The introduction blew Oden away, considering he has a major crush on the R&B star and model. The big guy approached her with all kinds of killer one-liners in mind but froze up. All he managed to get out was "Um, who are you?"

"I was trying to be funny. It didn't work," he said, admitting that her beauty turned him to mush

http://dispatch.com/live/content/spo...O.html?sid=101

HSC guy

HSC
King James is my man. I only go for the cavs coz of him, hopefully in 2010 he moves to the Knicks,they're clearing cap room and getting rid of marbury etc.

Gazz95

HSC
LeBron just guaranteed that the USA basketball team is gonna win gold at Beijing. It's a pretty bold statement but i'm sure most people agree with him.
Just check out their starting lineup.
Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard

They even got Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as reserves!!! so i'm pretty sure they're gonna win gold.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
that's what they said last time.

team needs more role players like battier.

HSC guy

HSC
u-borat said:
that's what they said last time.

team needs more role players like battier.
They're embarassed they lost in Athens and their prep for these Olympics has been completely different. The new coach made each player commit to a minimum of 2 years playing together so they are much more of a team unit than just 5 superstars on the same court. Lebron and Kobe have both said they are happy to play a different role to what they do for the cavs and lakers. It's pretty much that every player has a pass first mentality. My money is on them winning every game.

ballin

Banned
HSC
pffft. usa wont win gold at beijing. same hype this year as just before the world champs, and you know what happened there. they got outplayed. argentina, spain, lithuania, greece and russia all boast the quality that can beat the usa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)