NAS? The 3U V Art course?? (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lunatique56 said:
ahahaa...no actually, it was this 3 day workshop offered for *coughs* 'disadvantaged' schools. umm..it was 50 bucks and that was to cover for the resource expenses n the sandwiches n stale biscuits they fed us everyday..
Wow that sounds cool to me~ so u've been there then aye? I mean there's no doubt I'm going walk in circles on the first day cos i've never been there:p

lunatique56 said:
hey! Same here! I was on the verge of dropping it coz I was taking all these academic subjects n didnt like the workload
Yeh.. 14units for me this year is just like killing myself. But guess what? I'm gonna keep my 14Units for now and + my ext art... lol 15Units WOOT :D (not)

lunatique56 said:
continue art practice at NAS? is it this course you mean? or is it a separate thing?
Nah, my teacher meant short courses during school holi

lunatique56 said:
oppss...sorry, i realised i didnt turn the 'PM' option on...so yep, can u send ur email again? thanks..sorry bout dat, lolz.
lol i realised, I was like damn her 'PM' option is off...i'll do that now then.

Last edited:

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I got that letter thing yesterday. I'm excited. :)

But.. no lunch provided. That's quite dissapointing as they've offered to board us, pay our travel expenses and provide us with art supplies.

Mm I'm Steffi and I'm azn too.

Be my friend! Because I only have one.. and she's painting.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Mmm i havent got another letter back yet...hopefully i will get one soon.

Anyone here doing printing>>>????????

lunatique56

misery said:
I got that letter thing yesterday. I'm excited. :)

But.. no lunch provided. That's quite dissapointing as they've offered to board us, pay our travel expenses and provide us with art supplies.

Mm I'm Steffi and I'm azn too.

Be my friend! Because I only have one.. and she's painting.
heyooo steffi!!! *tackles steffi* I'll be ur friend!! Lolz....i'm so thrilled, NAS hasnt yet commenced n i made friends already! A great achievement for moi who's usually a wallflower when it comes to these things...hehee...we gots to meet up der k ppl? lol...

ohhh trust me, its kinda good dey dont provide lunch there. they kept feeding us sandwiches n orange juice. but den again, it was for free. hahaa...but oh man..dat means we haff to loiter round Oxford St. in search of food..lolz..der's hungry jacks n a few coffee shops around there...which isn't too bad...

was checking out ur DA stuff...der're excellent! You're an all rounder aren't u? wonderful photography stuff too! i'm quite intimidated now..*frowns*.

ur taking drawing yeh? u'll be with janice! :D

Fi_babezy: i'm doing the digital course...bummer...

countdown: approx. 2 weeks to go! yaynezz!

Last edited:

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
Are you on deviantart too, then?

Hah I suppose those arty types are the wallflower types then.

Oh I love most types of art. :) I LOVE photography. I'm a bit sad I will have to drop it at the end of this term because its only a prelim course. Do you photograph too? What kind of digital art do you do..?

Ooh yes.. we'll loiter around coffee shops like true art students.

Hey there Janice..!

lunatique56

misery said:
Are you on deviantart too, then?

Hah I suppose those arty types are the wallflower types then.

Oh I love most types of art. :) I LOVE photography. I'm a bit sad I will have to drop it at the end of this term because its only a prelim course. Do you photograph too? What kind of digital art do you do..?

Ooh yes.. we'll loiter around coffee shops like true art students.

Hey there Janice..!
hehee....nah, I don't have a DA account. can't find decent works to showcase on net so yeah, hehee.

yeaaah...same here. Kinda disappointed that I have to drop it since it's the *only* enjoyable subject I have. However, we don't do much in our class. We only learnt the basics of photo developing and then everyone kinda lazed away and bludged for the next two terms..haha.

Ohhh man..hahaa..I'm not even serious with the whole Digital art thing. I know zilch. I just kinda fiddle around with photoshop in my free time but that's about it *grimaces*...

Hahaa..you know what? the feeling of simply 'stepping in and out' out the national art school feels great. yes, 'like true art students'. hahaa...

libgem

don't worry about lunch guys!!
NAS has the best cafeteria!!! they sell really nice salads, foccacias, sandwiches, hot food, good coffee!
Also there is a nice little cafe over the road called truck which gives art students discounts! great for the afternoon coffee break! I wouldn't go to oxford st
Last year it was really nice, everyone just sat together on the grass and ate!
You'll meet lots of great people, I'm hoping to see all their names again at art express- very talented!!!

Good luck!
I found the first week in these hols a bit dull, but the second part I loved!

libgem

NAS has the best cafeteria!!! they sell really nice salads, foccacias, sandwiches, hot food, good coffee!
Also there is a nice little cafe over the road called truck which gives art students discounts! great for the afternoon coffee break! I wouldn't go to oxford st
You'll meet lots of great people, I'm hoping to see all their names again at art express- very talented!!!

Good luck!
I found the first week in these hols a bit dull, but the second part I loved! also everyone was friends in the second part, while the first bit everyone was just getting to know each other!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
libgem said:

Good luck!
I found the first week in these hols a bit dull, but the second part I loved!
Haha thanks libgem for the lunch advice :p ok...truck... I'll rmb the name ^^
so what portfolio were you in when u were doing the NAS course??

Steffi: hey hey u doing painting?? Sorry too busying cramming my yearlys didn't have the time to check this forum haha...

Nancy:.....!! 2 more weeks can you believe that?

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I thought the cafeteria was going to be closed..?

I'm doing dandy drawing.. but I wish I could do everything. I'll just wander into digital and photography, pretending. :)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
misery said:
I thought the cafeteria was going to be closed..?

I'm doing dandy drawing.. but I wish I could do everything. I'll just wander into digital and photography, pretending. :)
damn... anyone who is in the painting protfolio???
Thre must be some here cos it's the biggest portfolio at NAS ><"

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
My friend is going to do painting.

Her name is Susan. You can freak her out by randomly calling hi. :uhhuh:

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
misery said:
My friend is going to do painting.

Her name is Susan. You can freak her out by randomly calling hi. :uhhuh:
Er.... yeh if i know how to get to NAS first! :p
that's why I'm dragging my friend along and find where NAS is next weekend.

HSC
N/A
Congratulations to everyone that got in! :) Good work

How difficult do you think it is to make it? I'm in year 10 and would love to do the course next year... (photography)

Last edited:

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
libgem said:
by 3 U art do you mean the NAS course?

yep i did both!
The NAS course, I found was better for the whole "art school experience" than the actual skill I think for me, because I didn't even end up doing painting anyway!

I did Art (+NAS), geography, Textiles (another major work which was due last week), 3 U Maths & 3U Eng

I found that (12 + 1 NAS units) a lot, especially with the 2 practicals which took up every spare moment, and the extension subjects which required a lot of work!
definitely drop something, but not art!
I found my creative subjects such a release, although stressful at times, i really enjoyed working on my own projects and making my own decisions, which is really different to other subjects. having art in your choices also gives your year more variety, because trusts me , by this stage in Yr1 2 you are so bored and fed up with every subject!

good luck with your decsion!!! 14 units is way too much. also think which subjects take a lot of time, because you are going to want to have time to work on your major work. In Yr 12 i think TIME is the biggest issue- thats what causes all the stress!

old post , i know, but i'm thinking of dropping art :|
cos it's way too much and i have a feeling that class of 2005 is so good that i'm gonna get below band 5....
dammit.
and is there heaps of work to do?
heaps of stess?
oh please class of 2004/2005 gimme some advice!

the subjects im doing are:
3U maths
adv eng
geog
art
chem
phys
and the NAS course

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:

How difficult do you think it is to make it? I'm in year 10 and would love to do the course next year... (photography)
not that hard i think.. im not sure, cos i thought the stuff i sent in are crap compared to the others while the teacher knew i would get in.

just rmb to send it original artworks that shows skills and all.
I like some of the photos in your Deviant Art, they look like the ones i would do as i'm fond of abstract artworks and the structural frame.

Since you really love art, just ask your teacher and have a go at entering. It's free anyway. =)

my deviantart gallery

lunatique56

etc. etc. etc. said:

hi there! yep..like janice said..dun think its dat hard. I'm REALLY mediocre compared to other candidates who got through but somehow I managed to slide through..o_O. i think that's enough to give every1 hope..lol..

and yeah..just to be on the safe side, I say bombard them with heaps of your works and copies of your portfolio if you have to even though there were restrictions. ;D

good luck!

shortay26

HSC
i got into NAS for drawing
but i ddnt end up going bcoz i ddnt have time too
i regret it now tho lol
i also went to it in yr 11<-- it was awsum

pipolaaa

HSC
i did nas last yr and it was awesome but beware lol i did drawing and everyone in my class thought it was still lifes, architecture etc but it was actually nudes (life drawing) lol
it was a bit awkward at first especially if uve never done it bfor but i loved it and it was so worth it- but hey i dun think ull find out for a month or so more cos i didnt even apply last yr until... hmmm mid march

poppop

HSC
N/A
lunatique56 said:
hi there! yep..like janice said..dun think its dat hard. I'm REALLY mediocre compared to other candidates who got through but somehow I managed to slide through..o_O. i think that's enough to give every1 hope..lol..

and yeah..just to be on the safe side, I say bombard them with heaps of your works and copies of your portfolio if you have to even though there were restrictions. ;D

good luck!
i think its hard.. lol..
i had ppl in my class that were coming in the top 5 and only 2 made it (including me) my art teacher said about 1000 applies each year and they take about 200~250.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)