NAS? The 3U V Art course?? (1 Viewer)

lunatique56

(^o^) said:
Hey did anyone apply for the NAS (National Art School)?
(the extra one unit is a non uai tho...)
If yes, have you got a letter/ response from the NAS yet?
cos I applied and I haven't got it.
Not that I want to do art anymore since it's too stressful...
Thought I'm coming top for 3 years...*sighs*
Damn my crappy time management and art theory!!!
hey there..:D
we got our results today and me and couple of other gurls made it...however, I'm unsure whether I got into my preferred workshop, Digital imaging so i'll need to check up on that..

anyone else made it? I'd love to make some friends in advance..^^

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lunatique56 said:
hey there..:D
we got our results today and me and couple of other gurls made it...however, I'm unsure whether I got into my preferred workshop, Digital imaging so i'll need to check up on that..

anyone else made it? I'd love to make some friends in advance..^^
Wow.. you guys have to fill in the application forms asap and mail it back to NAS cos the close date is end of August i think... and I have to get a passport photo for it... btw what do they do with the passport photo? A student pass? Or jsut for identification?

Anyhow, lunatique56, hope you get through and good luck =)

lunatique56

(^o^) said:
Wow.. you guys have to fill in the application forms asap and mail it back to NAS cos the close date is end of August i think... and I have to get a passport photo for it... btw what do they do with the passport photo? A student pass? Or jsut for identification?

Anyhow, lunatique56, hope you get through and good luck =)
But-but, that's like one week left! And we havn't received any application forms or anything yet....*runs around*
thxs (^o^) !! :D I guess I'll see u there. I can't wait to mingle with you artsy ppl! hehee...what school you from out of curiousity?

I'm not too sure, but you should've seen to what lengths our teacher went to to get us through! lol! She played on the pity factor and kept reasserting that our school is 'disadvantaged' and the 'lack of resources' is hindering us from developing our *so called* skills...lolZ! And she practically sent in our entire portfolio..*rolls eyes*....

oh yuck. passport photo?!! Is that optional?

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lunatique56 said:
hehee...what school you from out of curiousity? .... And she practically sent in our entire portfolio..*rolls eyes*.... oh yuck. passport photo?!! Is that optional?
Hey lunatique again, the teacher was going to send a girl and I for the NAS but then decided to send 5 more people in. 4 of us got in so that's pretty surprising for our school as I think only one girl got in for the passed years =/
Well I'm from Mount Saint Benedict College at Pennant Hills, not too surprised if you have never heard of that school :D

LoL for the "passport photo" bit.. yes the form has a space for you to stick in your photo, well passport size anyway, so that's why I'm planning to go to those passport photo machines to get one after school.

lunatique56

(^o^) said:
Hey lunatique again, the teacher was going to send a girl and I for the NAS but then decided to send 5 more people in. 4 of us got in so that's pretty surprising for our school as I think only one girl got in for the passed years =/
Well I'm from Mount Saint Benedict College at Pennant Hills, not too surprised if you have never heard of that school :D

LoL for the "passport photo" bit.. yes the form has a space for you to stick in your photo, well passport size anyway, so that's why I'm planning to go to those passport photo machines to get one after school.
o wow..same here! 4 of us also got in and like you, i was pretty surprised considering very few ppl got accepted the previous yrs.

ehee...I'm not too sure if i even know where Pennant Hills is for I've never stepped out of bankstown..haha, but that's cool!

and oh yes, i see the space for the passport section..*cringes*...they're guna see my pic, get freaked n immediately decline me, haha..

And misery, congrads!

I guess I'll see u guys in a month or so..:D
oh, and I'm Nancy btw...so er...if u see any sickly looking asian gurl wandering around wif the name Nancy, come n say hi! heheee...

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
:)!!!! i got in, but i sort of wish i went for painting rather then printmaking. Lol, was so happy when i found out, especially since the other was a good friend!!!!

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
:)!!!! i got in, but i sort of wish i went for painting rather then printmaking. Lol, was so happy when i found out, especially since the other was a good friend!!!!

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lunatique56 said:
And misery, congrads!
oh, and I'm Nancy btw...so er...if u see any sickly looking asian gurl wandering around wif the name Nancy, come n say hi! heheee...
so lunatique56, what did u get into? digital?
=) Congrats to Misery too ^^
I'm Janice... so "if u see any sickly looking asian gurl wandering around wif the name Janice, come n say hi!" lol.

fi_babezy was a bit excited XD...

libgem

by 3 U art do you mean the NAS course?

yep i did both!
The NAS course, I found was better for the whole "art school experience" than the actual skill I think for me, because I didn't even end up doing painting anyway!

I did Art (+NAS), geography, Textiles (another major work which was due last week), 3 U Maths & 3U Eng

I found that (12 + 1 NAS units) a lot, especially with the 2 practicals which took up every spare moment, and the extension subjects which required a lot of work!
definitely drop something, but not art!
I found my creative subjects such a release, although stressful at times, i really enjoyed working on my own projects and making my own decisions, which is really different to other subjects. having art in your choices also gives your year more variety, because trusts me , by this stage in Yr1 2 you are so bored and fed up with every subject!

good luck with your decsion!!! 14 units is way too much. also think which subjects take a lot of time, because you are going to want to have time to work on your major work. In Yr 12 i think TIME is the biggest issue- thats what causes all the stress!

lunatique56

(^o^) said:
so lunatique56, what did u get into? digital?
=) Congrats to Misery too ^^
I'm Janice... so "if u see any sickly looking asian gurl wandering around wif the name Janice, come n say hi!" lol.
LMAO!! ahahaa....sure willm Janice! I can see it already...two sickly asian gurls bumping into one another---> pretty sight..lol..

and yup, im doing digital :D see ya there! :D

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
libgem said:
The NAS course, I found was better for the whole "art school experience" than the actual skill I think for me, because I didn't even end up doing painting anyway!

I did Art (+NAS), geography, Textiles (another major work which was due last week), 3 U Maths & 3U Eng
What do you mean by you didn't even end up doing painting? So you picked painting and did sth else? And which one is better, art or geog in year 12...

Can't wait for NAS and bump into another sickly looking asian girl @ NAS...lol

libgem

(^o^) said:
What do you mean by you didn't even end up doing painting? So you picked painting and did sth else? And which one is better, art or geog in year 12...

Can't wait for NAS and bump into another sickly looking asian girl @ NAS...lol

yep i did painting at NAS but actually used another medium for my BOW
I don't think I learned that much that helped me, but it was fun meeting all the other arty people!

I like art better than geog, however thats from a post major work point of view, a few weeks ago my answer would probabaly have been quite different!

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Lol, i swear it was my computer..it's a bit dogdy sometimes. But i think i did make a bit of a typo, i meant to say that two of my buddies got in as well!!

I just sent my school photo as a passport photo, hopefully it will suffice.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
incase you guys don't know, NAS has cut the last day of the first module off...
so only monday to thursday :(
however, since this is an "intensive course" the hours of the days would be...
Monday (first day): 9am - 4:30pm
Tuesday - Thrusday: 9:30am - 4:30pm

No sleeping in for me in the first week of the holiday nooo...

lunatique56

(^o^) said:
incase you guys don't know, NAS has cut the last day of the first module off...
so only monday to thursday :(
however, since this is an "intensive course" the hours of the days would be...
Monday (first day): 9am - 4:30pm
Tuesday - Thrusday: 9:30am - 4:30pm

No sleeping in for me in the first week of the holiday nooo...
really?!! So glad you notified us...otherwise, i wouldnt haff known...when did you hear this?

hmm...monday to thurs..not bad..
you know what? its so lucky for me that it's spring and the sun sets late..coz I attended this dobell workshop last holiday at NAS, and it was from 10.00 to 4.00 and my parents were already freaking out..lol..

oh yeh, can i haff ur msn addy if das ok? thanks..:D

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lunatique56 said:
when did you hear this?
A person from NAS rang me cos i accidently ticked the boarding bit as I didn't read the application form clearly :p oops.

lunatique56 said:
coz I attended this dobell workshop last holiday at NAS, and it was from 10.00 to 4.00 and my parents were already freaking out..lol..
Wow we got some ppl who are truely for art here huh? How much is the course? cos I was so close to drop art in term 1 (too much can't handle it) and my teacher adviced me to continue my art practice at NAS.

lunatique56 said:
oh yeh, can i haff ur msn addy if das ok? thanks..:D
sure I'll pm u my addy Nancy ^^

lunatique56

(^o^) said:
A person from NAS rang me cos i accidently ticked the boarding bit as I didn't read the application form clearly :p oops.

Wow we got some ppl who are truely for art here huh? How much is the course? cos I was so close to drop art in term 1 (too much can't handle it) and my teacher adviced me to continue my art practice at NAS.

sure I'll pm u my addy Nancy ^^
ahahaa...no actually, it was this 3 day workshop offered for *coughs* 'disadvantaged' schools. umm..it was 50 bucks and that was to cover for the resource expenses n the sandwiches n stale biscuits they fed us everyday..hahaa....but it was quite cool! lots of ppl produced magnificent stuff but unfortunaely, i wasnt one of them..haha..but i had fun...the place feels so...hmm..artsy..lol...

hey! Same here! I was on the verge of dropping it coz I was taking all these academic subjects n didnt like the workload but the teacher was desperate for a class so yeah..haha..out of pity, i took it up..lol...n i always hoped to get into this NAS thing but kinda doubted it...
continue art practice at NAS? is it this course you mean? or is it a separate thing?

oppss...sorry, i realised i didnt turn the 'PM' option on...so yep, can u send ur email again? thanks..sorry bout dat, lolz.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)