Name for a magazine (1 Viewer)

kara42

HSC
For my MDP, I'm making a magazine aimed at teenagers both male and female.

I can not, for the life of me, think of a name for it.
Could people please suggest names, or suggest where to turn to for inspiration?

Thanks.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
yeh but what's the main theme of the mag?
fashion? pop culture? horses? etc

chamelia

HSC
Also how do you want it marketed? As an underground read? Mainstream? Youth? Read once and throw away weekly or special edition release? Cutting edge or safe?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
Also how do you want it marketed? As an underground read? Mainstream? Youth? Read once and throw away weekly or special edition release? Cutting edge or safe?
exactly. all this must be considered before an appropriate name can be attached.

kara42

HSC
yeh but what's the main theme of the mag?
fashion? pop culture? horses? etc
There isn't a "main" theme really, it's just a general magazine with a range of different topics, aimed at boys and girls.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
There isn't a "main" theme really, it's just a general magazine with a range of different topics, aimed at boys and girls.
but then the magazine itself is no good.
you're better off trying to hit a specific market then just being all over the place attempting to appeal to the general public.

kara42

HSC
It'd most likely be a mainstream, monthly magazine and I was thinking I'd make a website/forum with it.

I haven't really worked any of it out yet, I just know that it's what I want to do and I'm going to do it. :)

kara42

HSC
you're better off trying to hit a specific market then just being all over the place attempting to appeal to the general public.
Thank you for the advice, I'll take this into consideration.
Perhaps I could aim it specifically at highschool students or something instead.

chamelia

HSC

You need to define parameters. If you don't know what you want to talk about how would your readers know if they want to read it? I can't think of a single magazine that is just generally themed.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
name it something edgey and clever, like i dunno, 'gryronic' (man what a shit example)

kara42

HSC

You need to define parameters. If you don't know what you want to talk about how would your readers know if they want to read it? I can't think of a single magazine that is just generally themed.
That's the point, mine's not supposed to be like others.

kara42

HSC
Anyway, I'm going to bed.
Thanks for the advice guys.

chamelia

HSC
Making no statement at all is not the way to make a point of difference from existing products. Besides the obvious hassle of having no selling point, you will find it difficult to write your MDP Folio without some specific theme for a point of reference.

kara42

HSC
Making no statement at all is not the way to make a point of difference from existing products. Besides the obvious hassle of having no selling point, you will find it difficult to write your MDP Folio without some specific theme for a point of reference.
My idea isn't definite, it's just an idea.
Thank you for your help, I'll take all that you've said into consideration when finalising my ideas :)

Goodnight :sleep:

HSC
N/A
Anti-Hamas

Pro-Israel

Die Terrorists

ummm

Serious Note:
maybe a single latin word or something? almost certainly going to be original and the right word catchy, but i was never good at this sort of thing, just ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)