"N Award" bullcrap. (1 Viewer)

damitzethan

HSC
So I'm in year 11 last term of it which they say is year 12 but its not. Anyway I had 3 n award warning sent to my house and a week ago they gave me about 5 days to catch up on everything that was missed in my classes, I had 3 subjects to catch up on and I managed to catch up on 2 of them except for the third. Does this mean i failed year 11 and not eligible for my HSC even though I'm allowed to drop one subject?

Also another thing that really aggrovates me is my friend also had 2 subjects to catch up on and he copied everything of mine in one and left the other one which means he would have failed right? so when my deputy principle called us all in she asked for the work i told her everything blahblah and she said id fail. BUT she said to my friend that she would give him one day extra even though shes not meant since "he attempted it unlike the others".:angryfire: I have an appeal sheet and feel like dobbing her in for this because i am really mad about it.

What should i do?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
So I'm in year 11 last term of it which they say is year 12 but its not. Anyway I had 3 n award warning sent to my house and a week ago they gave me about 5 days to catch up on everything that was missed in my classes, I had 3 subjects to catch up on and I managed to catch up on 2 of them except for the third. Does this mean i failed year 11 and not eligible for my HSC even though I'm allowed to drop one subject?

Also another thing that really aggrovates me is my friend also had 2 subjects to catch up on and he copied everything of mine in one and left the other one which means he would have failed right? so when my deputy principle called us all in she asked for the work i told her everything blahblah and she said id fail. BUT she said to my friend that she would give him one day extra even though shes not meant since "he attempted it unlike the others".:angryfire: I have an appeal sheet and feel like dobbing her in for this because i am really mad about it.

What should i do?
You have failed year 11 if you have not finished 12 units of work and there is nothing you can do besides repeat or leave school.

Even if you have finished 10 units of work like you said that isn't enough according to BOS to pass year 11 even though you can drop a unit for year 12

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly, should've kept up with work.

Secondly, term 4 of the year is officially term 1 of year 12.

Thirdly, if he "copied" off you, explain that, and just ask for another few days, if not explain to a higher authority.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Principals may allow a student who has received an ‘N’ determination in a Preliminary
course to proceed to the HSC course provisionally while concurrently satisfying any
outstanding Preliminary course requirements. Principals will be required to confirm, at
the time of HSC entries, that the student has now satisfactorily completed Preliminary
course requirements and that their entry for the HSC course is valid.

Section 8.4.5, http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/ace_manual.pdf

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
just do a bullshit job at your assignments and hand it in - you're not gonna get a mark for it, but they still want you to hand something in

HelenaJean

HSC
i dunno dude, i personally think you should take a bit of responsibility for this. It's not your teachers' fault you didn't meet the minimum requirments. If you wanna appeal, you should really act mature about it and accept that you've made a poor decision but you'd appreciate another chance. Acting all entitled will not help. You don't have to be there and they don't have to put up with laziness.

good luck

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Dear oh dear. If you're receiving N letters for year 11 for not working hard enough, HSC is gonna be a real bitch. And FYI, year 11 is only 3 terms. Just because you think the last term of 2011 doesn't count as year 12 doesn't mean that it isn't. It is. If you've treated this term as year 11 and haven't been doing assessments, you're gonna get fucked for assessment marks for the HSC as it all starts counting from Day 1 of term 4 of 2011 (for you).

I suggest you arrange an interview with the deputy and get your act together. Have someone to support you (parents maybe?). You can't afford to let this happen man!

damitzethan

HSC
The due date for it all has already passed so i cant really hand anything right now other then complain about what the deputy did she also said the principal can apply to a tafe course to make up for this course but i dont really want that..

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
sounds like you brought this upon yourself mate sorry but sounds like your only option is to repeat or go to tafe

lobster1234

HSC
Cant you just repeat that subject this year?
so do 10units of hsc and 2 units of prelim again.
Better than not doing your hsc anyway

D94

HSC
N/A
This sounds like a viable option. You are technically on your way to completing 12 units for the preliminary course, and then dropping that subject prior to the HSC (as you haven't completed the HSC course) will leave you with 10 units, allowing you to complete your HSC.

Though, taking this route will depend on your work ethic for year 12.

damitzethan

HSC
That sounds like a very good idea but ill try and not repeat the subject before i do that lol

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your best option is to do 10 HSC units and the remaining 2 preliminary units - thus satisfying both - but check whether this will be a problem with timetabling at the school. Effectively you would be moving to pathways - which is possible - doing some preliminary and HSC courses at the same time (remember you can take five years to accumulate the HSC) but you can't get the HSC until you have satisfied the requirements of the preliminary course - thus complete satisfactorily 12 units of Year 11.

Have you actually appealed the N award through the school - if not then you have missed the cut off date for that but if so and they are still saying "N" then you have until the 2nd November to appeal to the BOS.

2011_

HSC
Your best option is to do 10 HSC units and the remaining 2 preliminary units - thus satisfying both - but check whether this will be a problem with timetabling at the school. Effectively you would be moving to pathways - which is possible - doing some preliminary and HSC courses at the same time (remember you can take five years to accumulate the HSC) but you can't get the HSC until you have satisfied the requirements of the preliminary course - thus complete satisfactorily 12 units of Year 11.

Have you actually appealed the N award through the school - if not then you have missed the cut off date for that but if so and they are still saying "N" then you have until the 2nd November to appeal to the BOS.
As for the timetabling issue, you could consider doing 2 units via distance education?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)