My story (1 Viewer)

nottu

Banned
HSC
N/A
This might get long, but hopefully you will bear with me. I want to tell you about my life. There are things i need to get off my chest, things I've never talked about with anyone.

I'm 26 years old, found out I have aspergers syndrome a couple of years ago.

I've been living in almost complete isolation the last 4 years. 3 years ago, I moved to a new town where I didn't know anyone. My own choice, to get away from my old town and the people I knew there. Start over in a way. And it worked out. Even though I've been more alone than ever these last years, I've been feeling pretty good the majority of the time. It helps to be anonymous. When no one knows me, it's easier to go to the grocery store or just take a walk, something I was barely able to do before.

A few months after I got here I had the idea that I should cut contact with everyone and everything, except for my closest family. Over the years I've stopped watching television, reading the news or using the internet for anything social. I kinda went off the radar you could say. Naturally, this has resulted in me losing the few friends i had, real life and online. What has been keeping me going are my two hobbies, movies and video games. Those are the two reasons I've been getting up in the morning. I literally have nothing else.

Before I go on, let me tell you about how I got to this point. I'm not gonna go into too much detail since I'd be writing all night, but lets just say my teens were pretty tough. And I didn't make things easier for myself, since I just wasn't a very nice guy. I was too proud, too stupid, and responded with anger when things didn't go the way i wanted them to. I was a hard person to like. This led to me being treated worse and worse over the years until I was pretty much ridiculed by everyone, even my own relatives. Naturally this led to a low self-esteem which was pretty much at rock bottom and my academic performance suffered. I stopped caring. I skipped school and couldn't care less about tests. I just wanted it to be over.

After the obligatory years i tried more school but never got more than a couple of weeks into the year, before giving up. I have as little education as possible at this point. And I haven't had a proper job for more than a month. I don't even have my driver's license. You could say i have less now than i did 15 years ago, except for minimal life experience.

Which brings me to the present again. The reason I'm writing this in the first place, is because I've had some dark thoughts lately. I've started asking myself if I really want to keep living like this. In the end, what's the point in living for video games and movies? They're supposed to be entertainment, not something to base your entire life on. I've started to loose interest. Games just aren't that fun anymore. For the first time in years i want change. I guess these are good thoughts in a way, but the problem is.. i'm worried i've sunk to deep to be able to make the changes i want. And i'm not even sure if i want them, or what i want.

As i mentioned my self-esteem is low. Most of the time i feel like i'm less than nothing. I've been able to cope only because it doesn't really matter when i live this way. I guess that is part of the reason i made the choice to isolate myself 3 years ago. It just seems impossible to live any other way. I'm hoping this is just a phase and that i will be happy with my life again, but i've been really depressed lately. I've even had some suicidal thoughts. Nothing serious yet, but i'm worried it might get worse.

So if you've read all this. What's my next step? What the hell should i do? Thanks.

Scissors

HSC
dude, just take a chill pill. you sound like a pretty smart guy to me, so maybe you should go on to further education (uni) and enter as a mature age student and maybe do a course which centres around your hobbies, such as game development or media or whatever. just something that'll interest you.

i'm sure you'll meet ppl at uni, and before u know it, you'll be fucking chicks and making new friends everyday.

there's always sunshine after the dark.

HSC
Yeah, what Scissors said is good advice. Uni would be an awesome step for you to take! You'd have something to put your energy into, something to work towards and you'd have an excellent environment to meet people with similar interests!

Everyone has a purpose, sometimes it just takes a while to figure out what that is. Are there any young adult groups or something you could join?

If you wanna chat to someone:

settle_precious@hotmail.com <- go for it, I'm more than happy to talk.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Scissors

HSC
settle*precious said:
It's always darkest before the dawn.

ahaha, that's what i meant.

i just couldn't think of the exact quote.

sombespice

HSC
You could complete your HSC through Tafe and then go on to University to make something of yourself. You'd meet new people and gain qualifications. You sound intelligent enough and 26 isn't too old to achieve a happy and fulfilling life.

philosopher23

HSC
I agree. Go to Uni. You never know, you might find something your really passionate about doing for the rest of your life. I reckon you'll make lots of friends, as long as they aren't like Boris. Ignore him. He's only in year 10. I hope you find what your looking for. :)

boris

Banned
HSC
Yeww Yr10 is the best year brew.

Inconclusion dont be such a fucking retard, you're only in year 12

HSC
settle*precious said:
Yeah, what Scissors said is good advice. Uni would be an awesome step for you to take! You'd have something to put your energy into, something to work towards and you'd have an excellent environment to meet people with similar interests!

Everyone has a purpose, sometimes it just takes a while to figure out what that is. Are there any young adult groups or something you could join?
I agree with this statement; it seems like a good option for you.

philosopher23

HSC
boris said:
Yeww Yr10 is the best year brew.

Inconclusion dont be such a fucking retard, you're only in year 12
I am sure it is, 'brew'. Speak the english you were taught...or don't. It just shows your age. And offering good advice, unlike that of yours, must surely make me a retard, especially being 'only in year 12'.
Go cry to mummy. You are NOT ready to talk to adults. People like you, Boris, are the reason why this world is so screwed up. So before you insult people again, or jump on a thread that means something to someone, think, if you can.
In coclusion, shutup Boris.

boris

Banned
HSC
philosopher23 said:
I am sure it is, 'brew'. Speak the english you were taught...or don't. It just shows your age. And offering good advice, unlike that of yours, must surely make me a retard, especially being 'only in year 12'.
Go cry to mummy. You are NOT ready to talk to adults. People like you, Boris, are the reason why this world is so screwed up. So before you insult people again, or jump on a thread that means something to someone, think, if you can.
In coclusion, shutup Boris.
Yeh brew dey teech me to Talk like that
I might go crazy when you
Talk like that
You know I love it when you
Talk like that
And girl are crazy when you
Talk like that

at narrandera

Inconclusion, you is well dum

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Why does it say he's banned? Is he actually banned?

boris shut up you're not helping.

boris

Banned
HSC
x.christina said:
Why does it say he's banned? Is he actually banned?

boris shut up you're not helping.
lol hes banned cos hes a troll you dum kids

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
boris said:
lol hes banned cos hes a troll you dum kids
Can you spell "dum" with a b at the end it looks retarded without it , therefore making you retarded.

as in "dumb"

boris

Banned
HSC
Nope because then i wouldnt have idiots going "you're only in year 10 and you dont spell things correctly" lol which is funny

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
boris said:
Nope because then i wouldnt have idiots going "you're only in year 10 and you dont spell things correctly" lol which is funny
You're only in yr 10? you said you've bought your own house or something and finished school?? AHH fuck I'm so confused...

boris

Banned
HSC
x.christina said:
You're only in yr 10? you said you've bought your own house or something and finished school?? AHH fuck I'm so confused...
Im not in yr 10, thats just what my av says. I left it like that because its funny to see what people have to say about you when they think you are in year ten instead of uni.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
boris said:
Im not in yr 10, thats just what my av says. I left it like that because its funny to see what people have to say about you when they think you are in year ten instead of uni.
Oh ok. I am no longer confused. haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)