My related text is a set text? (1 Viewer)

runningmann

HSC
Hey all,

For Module C (History and Memory) I've been writing about Paul Keating's speech Funeral Service for the Unknown Australian Soldier throughout the year, and I've just found out that it's one of the prescribed texts in the Module B Speeches category. Obviously at my school throughout the year I never got picked up on this as nobody was doing Speeches as their prescribed text (not even sure if the teachers would have known it exists), but do you think this could be a problem in the HSC?

Marker might think I'm lazy? Or does it really depend on how well I engage with the text in terms of History and Memory with no penalty for the possibility that I might have studied it for another module (even though I didn't).

Cheers

2011_

HSC
Hey all,

For Module C (History and Memory) I've been writing about Paul Keating's speech Funeral Service for the Unknown Australian Soldier throughout the year, and I've just found out that it's one of the prescribed texts in the Module B Speeches category. Obviously at my school throughout the year I never got picked up on this as nobody was doing Speeches as their prescribed text (not even sure if the teachers would have known it exists), but do you think this could be a problem in the HSC?

Marker might think I'm lazy? Or does it really depend on how well I engage with the text in terms of History and Memory with no penalty for the possibility that I might have studied it for another module (even though I didn't).

Cheers
This happened to someone at my school last year - they were usng Strictly Ballroom as a related, then found out it was a prescribed. Our Teachers advised it wasn't a good idea. So my suggestion would be to prepare another related text but I know it's tough, being so close to exams. If you have access to Teachers or tutors, seek their advice. Good luck! :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Choose a new one. I don't think this is even allowed? [No source, but I remember reading somewhere it wasn't].

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Choose a new one. I don't think this is even allowed? [No source, but I remember reading somewhere it wasn't].
it's allowed. The good teacher told me. But it's advised against because they will mark it a lot harsher.

Gutterstomp

HSC
Find new ones Mr Dwyer, better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)