My Goal For An Immortal Generation. (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This sounds very interesting, although I believe that maintaining consciousness would require maintaining your own body (i.e. "uploading" your consciousness is not a feasible process). I think that some elements that might contribute to this proposition are cryonics, oncolytic virus and research related to stopping/reversing the ageing process :)

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
This sounds very interesting, although I believe that maintaining consciousness would require maintaining your own body (i.e. "uploading" your consciousness is not a feasible process). I think that some elements that might contribute to this proposition are cryonics, oncolytic virus and research related to stopping/reversing the ageing process :)
That would only delay the inevitable. I would definitely do that to give me more time to figure that out, but it won't be my goal.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That would only delay the inevitable. I would definitely do that to give me more time to figure that out, but it won't be my goal.
Having permanently healthy cells would only delay the inevitable? Wouldn't that be enough to extend life indefinitely?

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Having permanently healthy cells would only delay the inevitable? Wouldn't that be enough to extend life indefinitely?
We would still be 'mortal', biology shouldn't be the limit to consciousness, and I believe it isn't, it is only a default feature to exist, but the next step is up to the individual to move past that and break into the second stage, artificial design, a body of a flexible nature, updatable and modifiable, and completely superior. Evolution takes too long, while genetic engineering still follows the normal, rudimentary rules to the creation of life, be we are not creating, we are adapting. That is why we must find ways to move our ideas, beliefs, identity, and soul, into something new.
Just imagine if there is a smarter alien race out there. First of all, they would in every way because of 1% change in their DNA or whatever it is that codes for their expression. If we want to be the MOST superior, we must be 100% different. Of course, I would like to still feel and look like myself, but I don't want to be limited to ONLY myself.
Others may not agree, but conforming to the basic idea that everyone dies would get us nowhere, as religion or moral obligation would make us feel like it's wrong to live for so long, but that should DEFINATELY not be the case. I had this idea when I thought about what it would be like to be like God. I stopped myself thinking it was wrong and that it was 'blasphemous, but if the idea of 'creator' is taken into account humbly and purely, then the person can be the creator without the forced and crazy role of being a ruler.
If we all live long enough, I'm sure we can all find peace in what we decide for ourselves, making ourselves our own ruler.
God may exist, but we should be on an equal plain with him, not below him. That too is the goal, a pure and authentic livelihood, and to live like that for as long as possible.
I get excited about this idea, so I can't help but rant. However, if I want to be the one to do this, and I truly do want to, then I have to stop being on here, and work.
So, I'll be getting rid of my notifications from these forums, and appear whenever I have done my own self-accomplishment.
When it comes to this place specifically, I will restain myself.
SEE WHAT I MEAN!! I'M STILL ONLY TALKING ABOUT IT, THIS IS NOT AUTHENTIC!!
Ok.
Bye.

idkkdi

HSC
We would still be 'mortal', biology shouldn't be the limit to consciousness, and I believe it isn't, it is only a default feature to exist, but the next step is up to the individual to move past that and break into the second stage, artificial design, a body of a flexible nature, updatable and modifiable, and completely superior. Evolution takes too long, while genetic engineering still follows the normal, rudimentary rules to the creation of life, be we are not creating, we are adapting. That is why we must find ways to move our ideas, beliefs, identity, and soul, into something new.
Just imagine if there is a smarter alien race out there. First of all, they would in every way because of 1% change in their DNA or whatever it is that codes for their expression. If we want to be the MOST superior, we must be 100% different. Of course, I would like to still feel and look like myself, but I don't want to be limited to ONLY myself.
Others may not agree, but conforming to the basic idea that everyone dies would get us nowhere, as religion or moral obligation would make us feel like it's wrong to live for so long, but that should DEFINATELY not be the case. I had this idea when I thought about what it would be like to be like God. I stopped myself thinking it was wrong and that it was 'blasphemous, but if the idea of 'creator' is taken into account humbly and purely, then the person can be the creator without the forced and crazy role of being a ruler.
If we all live long enough, I'm sure we can all find peace in what we decide for ourselves, making ourselves our own ruler.
God may exist, but we should be on an equal plain with him, not below him. That too is the goal, a pure and authentic livelihood, and to live like that for as long as possible.
I get excited about this idea, so I can't help but rant. However, if I want to be the one to do this, and I truly do want to, then I have to stop being on here, and work.
So, I'll be getting rid of my notifications from these forums, and appear whenever I have done my own self-accomplishment.
When it comes to this place specifically, I will restain myself.
SEE WHAT I MEAN!! I'M STILL ONLY TALKING ABOUT IT, THIS IS NOT AUTHENTIC!!
Ok.
Bye.
correct me if I'm wrong.
but if you believe in religion, don't you already believe in your consciousness never dying?
what's the point of making an immortal physical body then?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
correct me if I'm wrong.
but if you believe in religion, don't you already believe in your consciousness never dying?
what's the point of making an immortal physical body then?
yeah but a consciousness without a vessel means you're not really living or actually "conscious", conversely a body without a consciousness is what we call "dead". to experience immortality you need to have the body plus the consciousness, not just one of the two

sab13562

HSC
Then we are only ever living with dying. I don't want to believe that. Live now, die later. Later being by our own choice, not because God said so.
"We are only ever living with dying."
Pretty much, but that's the beauty of life in my opinion. We don't choose when we die, but that should motivate us to do the best we can while we live. Maybe it's better we don't choose, some people will choose to die over things that are not worth it, then it'll be a waste. Or maybe we choose to live, but that won't guarantee that you last. You might die in the most unexpected way, car crash for eg. Can't control that. Also, since you said you believe in God, then don't you believe that if you do good in this life you'll eventually meet your creator and life a joyous, never-ending life in heaven? Better than living in this world tbh.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
nah im just playing im not trying to start a 2nd philosophical mind fuck right now
But what is 1/0. Is 0 even zero or is it an infinitely small decimal number. But if it an infinitely small decimal number then can you divide by 0.

saltshaker

HSC
But what is 1/0. Is 0 even zero or is it an infinitely small decimal number. But if it an infinitely small decimal number then can you divide by 0.
Well using primary school logic you can't divide anything into 0 groups. After all, how do you move your 1 counter into a group of 0?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Well using primary school logic you can't divide anything into 0 groups. After all, how do you move your 1 counter into a group of 0?
Is 0 not a number? What is the definition of a number? "A quantity or amount". Then would it be fair to say that 0 is a number? 0 has a value of nothing but meaning nothing would have a value. Therefore you can put nothing into a group of nothing. Now the question is what is nothing?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Infinity is not a real number and can not be treated as such. To quantify infinity to a pronumeral - a number, would be quantifying a spectrum of numbers. What if I said Infinity + 1? Would it remain infinity or would it be a bigger infinity? Do we treat infinity as a black hole that absorbs anything, for that nothing can penetrate the bounds and concepts of infinity.

is 0 and infinity alike? Perhaps 0 is the quantified version of infinity, we use 0 regularly in calculations and in everyday life to express absence and when done with other operators such as multiplication, addition or subtraction, it is treated as a regular number. But as soon as you divide 0, it is undefined? Is it simply that 0 is the other end of infinity? Could it be that infinity is just the flipside of 0?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
0 is " the arithmetical symbol 0 or 0̸ denoting the absence of all magnitude or quantity "
Infinity is " The quality or condition of being infinite." "Unbounded space, time, or quantity." "An indefinitely large number or amount. "

Is inifinitely simply a professional way of saying I presume? I mean take limits for example, e^-x never reaches 0 however if you take the limits to +infinity, you get 0, but if you manually keep on calculating, you will never reach 0 as you will never reach "infinity" but you assume that eventually after an unimaginable duration of time, you would reach there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)