My Backup Plan!!! (1 Viewer)

slab

HSC
Ok, well I'm screwed for General Maths.
Maths is just a no-go-zone for me, and for some reason I chose General maths. My brain is not made for maths, but I chose it.

I have 10 units, General Maths being one of them.
I am going to fail General Maths.
I want an ATAR of 80 or above, 89 preferred.
My other subjects are going fine.

AM I ALLOWED TO DO THE FOLLOWING?:

Next year, I will go to TAFE for x months and re-do my General Maths exam, and get a new ATAR.

Can i do that?

Thankyou so much.

Kralex

HSC
Yes you can repeat the course at TAFE.

How you do it, I have no fucking idea.

bouncing

HSC
will it take a whole year? or since you're only doing 1 subject can u accelerate it???

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
it'll still take a year. because the final hsc exams are all held at the same time for the one subject [except for weird clashes]. you can't just do the whole syllabus in two weeks and sit the exam in february, if that's what you were thinking xP

kcqn93

HSC
why don't you just studying maths hardcore and scrape a band 4 or 5 in hsc exam... it'll save you a year

Last edited:

slab

HSC
why don't you just studying maths hardcore and scrape a band 4 or 5 in hsc exam... it'll save you a year
I've screwed up 50%, for good reasons which will not count me as disadvantaged, unfortunately.

A band 4 would scale down so badly.

Are you absolutely sure I can't get my updated ATAR midyear?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I've screwed up 50%, for good reasons which will not count me as disadvantaged, unfortunately.

A band 4 would scale down so badly.

Are you absolutely sure I can't get my updated ATAR midyear?
No you can't. And 100% in General Maths still scales down so badly. If you weren't made for maths why the fuck did you drop to 10 units, 2 of those being General Maths. How do you even screw up in General maths?

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
What do you mean screw up? It's not too late. You have 50% to go and the external exam. Instead of posting here and wasting your time, you should be studying for maths. And what do you mean updated ATAR? You can only get your ATAR on the same day as everybody else, December 16th. Try your best champ why are you giving up already...

slab

HSC
My assessments have been averaging 30%. I want an ATAR of 85.

I'm literally dying =[

And thanks makdadddy

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
My assessments have been averaging 30%. I want an ATAR of 85.

I'm literally dying =[

And thanks makdadddy
if you have no academic ability then you will get a low ATAR.....
Do no try and escape your destiny.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Ok, well I'm screwed for General Maths.
Maths is just a no-go-zone for me, and for some reason I chose General maths. My brain is not made for maths, but I chose it.

I have 10 units, General Maths being one of them.
I am going to fail General Maths.
I want an ATAR of 80 or above, 89 preferred.
My other subjects are going fine.

AM I ALLOWED TO DO THE FOLLOWING?:

Next year, I will go to TAFE for x months and re-do my General Maths exam, and get a new ATAR.

Can i do that?

Thankyou so much.
What are you wanting to do that needs 89. imo I would just use an alternate way into uni and not bother with gen maths

ar7

HSC
he wants to do a bachelor in advanced science, majoring in pure mathematics

bouncing

HSC
it'll still take a year. because the final hsc exams are all held at the same time for the one subject [except for weird clashes]. you can't just do the whole syllabus in two weeks and sit the exam in february, if that's what you were thinking xP
hahah yep thats what i was thinking

just keep going man, there must be some way to get into the course you want... and dont stop trying for maths just cos u think its not worht it anymore cos otehrwise ur gonna get even more screwed over since ur doing 10 units

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
You're fucked. Start cleaning your house to practise your future occupation.

Kralex

HSC
My other subjects are averaging 88. Goal=uts
Do what ever course you're going to do at some place with a lower requirement. Yes even UWS!

Going to UWS does not make you a lesser being and besides, seeing as you're pretty dedicated to making it to UTS, you'll transfer after a year.

Study at UWS is a much better option than repeating your HSC again. You can transfer credits over to the course and you will have saved a lot of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)