MX1 to MX2 Difficulty? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You guys should drop MX2.

How do you not assume I'm talking about the exam when I give you a percentage of the final exam?!

Like, how do you not even?

Siddy123

HSC
You guys should drop MX2. How do you not assume I'm talking about the exam when I give you a percentage of the final exam?!Like, how do you not even?
How do you not odd?And yeah perhaps if we drop(btw D94 is finished) we can join you in the 1% of the state, and we'll be the 3 umm, musk... umm the 3 stooges :0

D94

HSC
N/A
You guys should drop MX2.

How do you not assume I'm talking about the exam when I give you a percentage of the final exam?!

Like, how do you not even?
63% exam = 90 exam mark =/= Band 6.
90 HSC mark = Band 6.

That should clear things up. It's all about the context in which you use the term "Band". "Band" always refers to the HSC mark, not the exam mark.

Pedantic, I know, but that's how BOS has stated it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
63% exam = 90 exam mark =/= Band 6.
90 HSC mark = Band 6.

That should clear things up. It's all about the context in which you use the term "Band". "Band" always refers to the HSC mark, not the exam mark.

Pedantic, I know, but that's how BOS has stated it.
The exam marks are derived from the band descriptors for the different bands, and therefore the BOS thinks a band 6 in the exam is ~63%, and that is what I was talking about.

Technically, that is getting a band 6 in the exam, but if you don't perform as well and don't perform up to band 6 standards then you may get a band 6, because band 5 + band 6 does not always = band 6, but still, it's a band 6 in the exam.

You were being pedantic and wrong.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, D94 is correct.
It's a band 6 in the exam.

What I said wasn't wrong at all.

The BOS align the marks to a bunch of band descriptors and that is why ~63% is 90, because ~63% fits in at the bottom of the band 6 band descriptor.

D94

HSC
N/A
The exam marks are derived from the band descriptors for the different bands, and therefore the BOS thinks a band 6 in the exam is ~63%, and that is what I was talking about.

Technically, that is getting a band 6 in the exam, but if you don't perform as well and don't perform up to band 6 standards then you may get a band 6, because band 5 + band 6 does not always = band 6, but still, it's a band 6 in the exam.

You were being pedantic and wrong.
It's a band 6 in the exam.

What I said wasn't wrong at all.

The BOS align the marks to a bunch of band descriptors and that is why ~63% is 90, because ~63% fits in at the bottom of the band 6 band descriptor.
I wasn't wrong at all.

What you are talking about is based on a performance scale. You're talking about a Band 6 Performance. However, the band that is reported is based on the HSC mark (which is what I'm talking about).

Band 6 =/= Band 6 Performance. You can have an exam Band 6 Performance and not attain a Band 6. Likewise, you can attain a Band 6 without having an exam Band 6 Performance.

If I said I got a Band 6, I'm referring to my final Band. No one says they got a Band 6 if they only got 85 HSC mark (this could be made of 90 exam and 80 assessment).

We're just talking about different things. You were referring to exam performance, I was referring to HSC mark. Anyway, it's something so trivial; I'm not going to get worked up over it, and I don't think you will as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)