• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim Students demands muslim ONLY Prayer room at RMIT (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Yes rly. If you've studied Islamic history, you'd know that during Mohammad's(pbuh) time, muslims in their infancy were persecuted beyond measure by the pagans. Some of the qutoes, when taken out of context, appear to condone violence and the killing of non muslims, which is completely wrong.

Stop listening to what Al Qaeda is spewing, and actually read the Quran (in its entirety) yourself. If you dont want to, then don't just judge it.
I.. don't listen to Al Qaeda? I've heard the same "persecution" argument from Christians in defence of the horrors in their sacred text, and to be frank, that's horseshit. They're violent books, that begat violent religions, and the defence of "omg context!" certainly can't be used to contradict what the books say.

'Slay the infidels', to paraphrase, and that means exactly what it says.

Venom.

HSC
I.. don't listen to Al Qaeda? I've heard the same "persecution" argument from Christians in defence of the horrors in their sacred text, and to be frank, that's horseshit. They're violent books, that begat violent religions, and the defence of "omg context!" certainly can't be used to contradict what the books say.

'Slay the infidels', to paraphrase, and that means exactly what it says.
Uh no. You DO listen to Al Qaeda. Your view on Islam in my opinion is shaped by what the media tells you "those evil moslems in Arabia" are doing. THEY are the only groups in Islam that have misinterpreted the texts, and taken its literal meaning "to slay the infidels".

What about the other 1 billion + muslims? Are they just misinterpreting the Quran, and they SHOULD be killing infidels?

Your argument falls down in every way possible. If you dont take anything into context, gross misinterpretations occur everywhere.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ I have been in there with friends and I am not Muslim, its not that others aren't allowed in but they are set up for the Muslim tradition (shoes of, taps to wash hands feet etc, covers for the head or other un-covered body parts)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Uh no. You DO listen to Al Qaeda. Your view on Islam in my opinion is shaped by what the media tells you "those evil moslems in Arabia" are doing. THEY are the only groups in Islam that have misinterpreted the texts, and taken its literal meaning "to slay the infidels".

What about the other 1 billion + muslims? Are they just misinterpreting the Quran, and they SHOULD be killing infidels?

Your argument falls down in every way possible. If you dont take anything into context, gross misinterpretations occur everywhere.
Actually, if you'd like to know where my stance on the subject lies, have a read of Sam Harris' End of Faith.

Venom.

HSC
Actually, if you'd like to know where my stance on the subject lies, have a read of Sam Harris' End of Faith.
Will do soon. Hope he's not another Salman Fuckdie. Though by reading the wikipedia article alone, he sounds like a fail.

Venom.

HSC
Have you even read the Satanic verses you moron?

Oh that's right, you haven't. The excoriation was taken completely out of context by the Shah trying to promote the fact that he was all powerful. Rushdie was a harmless academic and they put a BOUNTY ON HIS FUCKING HEAD.
True that Shah was pretty dodge.

BUT OH MY GOD. HE WAS *WAIT FOR IT* TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT ! :spzz: This can't be. Every book must be literally judged.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
He was critical of Islam ("BLASPHEMY!!!!111!eleventy"). Because that is (shock!) such an unforgivable crime.

banco55

HSC
Will do soon. Hope he's not another Salman Fuckdie. Though by reading the wikipedia article alone, he sounds like a fail.
Muslims have such healthy attitudes towards basic western values like freedom of speech.

Venom.

HSC
No he wasn't taken out of context. He was targeted for the creation of materials and used as a scapegoat, much like the Saudis used the Mohammed Cartoons as a scapegoat for not preparing enough for the Hajj leading to hundreds of deaths.

He was scapegoated.

Yawn. Even if you literally judge the book it still doesn't make up for the fact that HE WAS THREATENED WITH DEATH FOR WRITING A BOOK IN A FREE SOCIETY.

A LEADER IN ANOTHER COUNTRY PUT A BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD.

It wasn't 'pretty dodge' it was fucking morally reprehensible and abhorrent to those who live in a free society. Are you insane?
You need to understand the phenomena behind muslim thinking at the moment. A strong percentage are those idiots who do not practise the religion, yet when the religion/messenger is threatened, they jump out and act like heroes. These people are fekked.

I agree Rushdie should never have been "fatwa'd". If he lived in Iran when writing it, I would understand.

HSC
N/A
yeah, but there are so many critical books about Islam. why the hell is this one so special!!!!!!
Ive met a few muslims like venom who take this stuff to heart, hell i was like that in high school. i think its just a phase.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
all religion basically boils down to this

[youtube]QkjBEE5ugaQ[/youtube]

anyone who disagrees is hiding the truth

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
all religion basically boils down to this

[youtube]QkjBEE5ugaQ[/youtube]

anyone who disagrees is hiding the truth
That cockfag had his church firebombed for calling Heath Ledger a fag.

Im waiting for someone to shoot him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)