Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

sarahmousa

HSC
N/A
My text book says that anticipation is developed in the 'associative' stage and mentions nothing about that in the 'autonomous'. I also believe that the answer to the resistance training question is power as in my text book it has a similar table stating almost the exactly the same numbers and is the only one thats speed is fast :)

jaydoss

HSC
9 is definitely B because Healthy ageing refers to activities and behaviours which aim to reduce the risk of illness and disease, and increase physical, emotional and mental health during the ageing process. It is concerned with the quality of life, not just the years of life, enjoyed by an individual.

Therefore, the answer is B :D
lol no it's not
Healthy Ageing refers to the ability to age whilst still maintaining a high level of both physical and mental health. answer b) implies they're already old, talking about what they should do as old people. d) on the other hand suggests to eliminate poor choices in early stages of life in order to promote HEALTHY AGEING.

its d

sarahmousa

HSC
N/A
lol no it's not
Healthy Ageing refers to the ability to age whilst still maintaining a high level of both physical and mental health. answer b) implies they're already old, talking about what they should do as old people. d) on the other hand suggests to eliminate poor choices in early stages of life in order to promote HEALTHY AGEING.

its d
that's true but healthy ageing focuses on the quality of life of the elderly which b addresses

jaydoss

HSC
no it doesnt...........
read what you're writing, AGEING not quality of life, sure quality of life once you become an elderly but not once you already are one.

talulahbay

HSC
the whole focus of that healthy aging topic was on improving quality of life and maintaining productivity for the elderly so it would be b not d because that's talking about early adulthood not the aging population

Die4Dommies

HSC
My teacher is a HSC marker for the exam and these are the correct answers I am led to believe (of course except question 14, which is very ambiguous. For the record, I believe it is associative which it says in my textbook (application and inquiry) and I think the giveaway was "initially learnt". If your autonomous you are not likely to be "learning" something are you?

1-B 2-C 3-D 4-A 5-C 6-C 7-C 8-A 9-D 10-B 11-B 12-D 13-B 14-A 15-C 16-C 17-A 18-B 19-A 20-B

I'm on 19/20 which I'm pretty happy with. My assessment mark handed in to the BOS was 99/100, where I got 95 trials (4 wrong in MC lol). How'd everyone else go with the rest of the paper? I felt it was pretty easy if you knew the syllabus.. Thoughts?

sarahmousa

HSC
N/A
no it doesnt...........
read what you're writing, AGEING not quality of life, sure quality of life once you become an elderly but not once you already are one.
i did read what i wrote my text book says 'Healthy ageing is concerned with quality of life, independence and lengthening the number of healthy years' therefore being b

DJ696

HSC
i did read what i wrote my text book says 'Healthy ageing is concerned with quality of life, independence and lengthening the number of healthy years' therefore being b
so question 9 was B?

DJ696

HSC
My teacher is a HSC marker for the exam and these are the correct answers I am led to believe (of course except question 14, which is very ambiguous. For the record, I believe it is associative which it says in my textbook (application and inquiry) and I think the giveaway was "initially learnt". If your autonomous you are not likely to be "learning" something are you?

1-B 2-C 3-D 4-A 5-C 6-C 7-C 8-A 9-D 10-B 11-B 12-D 13-B 14-A 15-C 16-C 17-A 18-B 19-A 20-B

I'm on 19/20 which I'm pretty happy with. My assessment mark handed in to the BOS was 99/100, where I got 95 trials (4 wrong in MC lol). How'd everyone else go with the rest of the paper? I felt it was pretty easy if you knew the syllabus.. Thoughts?
Wasn't to hard, multiple choice was pre easy, the rest was pre confident hoping for band 6 range :D

sarahmousa

HSC
N/A
What about question 14?
That question is very ambiguous... Choice either autonomous or associative :/
I did associative as it said 'initially learnt' and that is the learning stage. and my text book also mentioned that it is developed in the associative stage

DJ696

HSC
I did associative as it said 'initially learnt' and that is the learning stage. and my text book also mentioned that it is developed in the associative stage
oh... I put down autonomous because I referred to this "A skilled performer is capable of predicting what might happen next, by reading cues, and choosing the appropriate response to the action." so it seems like its autonomous in my opinion because in the associative stage of skill acquisition really focuses on the idea of practice with the learner learning how to do it. In the autonomous stage of skill acquisition revolves around executing a skill automatically without having to stop and think about what to do next or how to do it. So I kind of leans to autonomous... :/

sarahmousa

HSC
N/A
oh... I put down autonomous because I referred to this "A skilled performer is capable of predicting what might happen next, by reading cues, and choosing the appropriate response to the action." so it seems like its autonomous in my opinion because in the associative stage of skill acquisition really focuses on the idea of practice with the learner learning how to do it. In the autonomous stage of skill acquisition revolves around executing a skill automatically without having to stop and think about what to do next or how to do it. So I kind of leans to autonomous... :/
that's a good point as well. this is a tough question. im still leaning towards associative as it's when the learning the skill occurs anticipation is developing. guess we'll have to wait and see though

DJ696

HSC
that's a good point as well. this is a tough question. im still leaning towards associative as it's when the learning the skill occurs anticipation is developing. guess we'll have to wait and see though
its a very close answer and ambiguous :)

macmill

HSC
I think it has to be autonomous because you aren't really learning a skill and learning anticipation at the same time. Anticipation and being able to read the play comes with experience. You have to be autonomous in the skill before you can worry about the open environment. I say it's B

DancingAnz

HSC
Oh bloody hell I was tossing up between strength and power for like 10 mins and settled for strength didn't I?? I was looking at the repetition maximum and didnt think it was high enough...oh wellzzz

walshy57

HSC
Whoever quoted this:

they are the right answers. (99.95% sure :) )
9 is definitely D, so silly twats that think its B (no offence at all), healthy ageing is about ageing HEALTHILY throughout your life (eg health choices from a younger age, not smoking etc), and to reduce chronic diseases and have better health in later life.

15 is definitely Power because of FAST speed (power = speed/time), and the reds are low, and load is low. if it was strength load would be like 80%RM.

I believe 14 is infact A assosciative, as they specified INITIALLY learned, and athletes in the assosciative stage initially learn anticipation here, but do not perfect it until the autonomous stage. Eg a kid in the U14B rugby can anticipate when to intercept a pass, but he may not pull it off, or time it as well as a super15 professional athlete.

Hope that answers questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)