Multiple Choice (Compiled Answers) (1 Viewer)

jake_nap

Takuya i admire your confidence, hahaha.... i agree on everysingle one excpt 14, i have no idea what i put down...i was debating it for a long time....

Did anyone else have alot of time to go back and look at stuff??

Bannanafish

HSC
14 IS b, i had no extra time, wrote about twice as much as the lines for most questiosn

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
just to check something: if theres no UV light, wouldnt the maximum spark length decrease, because electrons are less likely to jump across?

N

ND

Originally posted by Bannanafish
nup, absorption of waves is due to the energy being the same as the energy transistion of electron energy levels
Ah ok.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
exactly, under UV light the sparking would jump aceoss a bigger gap than without UV light, am i right?

N

ND

Originally posted by Takuya
Quoting p213 of Jacaranda:
"Glass used as a shield between the transmitting and receiving loops blocked the UV."

:D
Owned. :D

N

ND

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
exactly, under UV light the sparking would jump aceoss a bigger gap than without UV light, am i right?
Yep.

Leon585

HSC
oi 14 is b, cos its the only thing to do with the photoeletric effect, dont worry almost all the state got it wrong

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
Ok, based on these results that people have put up, there are only three query questions:

5, 9 and 14

Can anyone get an official word (i.e. ask teacher or someone) to confirm these questions?)

I am pretty sure 5 is D and I am pretty sure that 9 cannot be B or D howevor could be C or A (someone explained to me why it could be A but I dont fully agree). 14 I dont fully know, but I Put D but dont know why, just looked better than the others.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yes but if you have 2 rings with different lengths, or even 1 ring with a large gap, then u can show that the spark length decrease...

im saying this because although b is rigth, i dun c how that directly relates to the photoelectric effect while i thing d is directly related 2 the photoelectric effect

i think....

Bannanafish

HSC
5 is b, go read the q again
its from the astronaought perspective of the clock on earth so it must be <10 years

9 is c, lsin60 = the perpendicular component of the wire

14 is b, go check your book

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)