Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I would personally like to see a Republican congress with a Democrat president, so that some spending bills might actually get vetoed for once.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
davin said:
wrong Bush you're referring to.
my question stands though about how you expect George W Bush to pull this off in under 2 years and go into another country
hmm, how am i goin to explain this? the only way i can really explain it is by telling you that GWB wasnt the first president to start plotting. hes just the lucky one that got to carry out the plan.

davin

HSC
N/A
Bush, as far as spending goes, has been acting WAAAY too liberal, imo.

and i was always annoyed that the WMD thing was played up so much in iraq...never bought it but all of gov't seemed to be going for it. would've been easier if saddam just admitted what he had had

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well they fabricated the evidenced, it fooled me sufficiently... I mean I always acknowledged that one of the motives for the war was control of oil but I truely did believe Sadam had WMD's.

And obviously they had enough proof to fool congress. And I don't think it would be a light decision to go to war. They would have scrutinised the documents pretty thoroughly.

davin

HSC
N/A
heck, i know there's quotes from chirac about this too

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well they fabricated the evidenced, it fooled me sufficiently... I mean I always acknowledged that one of the motives for the war was control of oil but I truely did believe Sadam had WMD's.
ya but isnt this all rather recent....what about during the war.

saddam didnt even use his airforce....against a country thats main power came from bombing from a distance.

and saddam didnt even use his wmds

saddam was disabling and listening to the security council...its jst stupid how america jst came out and declared war.

and prolli the genius that is leading iran will jst make it seem acceptable for america to invade....u wont see israel complaining....its jst so convenient. one day he talks about wiping israel from the map the other he is trying to make nukes.

its a good idea in a way....like they can attack the US at the economic level....with holding oil. will make us go crazy....and in another way it can work out for the us.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Wrong, Saddam refused entry for weapons inspectors a lot of times prior to the war.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Wrong, Saddam refused entry for weapons inspectors a lot of times prior to the war.
Not enough to go to war for. However, couple this with alot of misinformation and you've got a good case.

I'll never forget Bush's "mushroom cloud" remark. So much hype.

banco55

HSC
Simpson Freak said:
ya but isnt this all rather recent....what about during the war.

saddam didnt even use his airforce....against a country thats main power came from bombing from a distance.

and saddam didnt even use his wmds

saddam was disabling and listening to the security council...its jst stupid how america jst came out and declared war.

and prolli the genius that is leading iran will jst make it seem acceptable for america to invade....u wont see israel complaining....its jst so convenient. one day he talks about wiping israel from the map the other he is trying to make nukes.

its a good idea in a way....like they can attack the US at the economic level....with holding oil. will make us go crazy....and in another way it can work out for the us.
He didn't use his airforce because after the first gulf war he hardly had an air force left. Besides Arab pilots are incompetent idiots and would have got their ass kicked anyway so it would have been a futile gesture. Look at the Arab pilots combat record against the Israelis. They are more a danger to themselves than they are to the americans or israelis.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
So here I am, left wing and all :rolleyes: reading that the right wing members have got it wrong again about the motives behind the Iraq war... could this be the best day of my life?

K

katie_tully

transcendent said:
So here I am, left wing and all :rolleyes: reading that the right wing members have got it wrong again about the motives behind the Iraq war... could this be the best day of my life?
I think you must be missing lifes other pleasures?:eek:

davin

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Because Congress is trying to remove the 22nd Amendment.

The 22nd Amendment limits the term of a president to two terms, by removing it...

Well, lets just say... we shall live in interesting times.
i've not even heard ALLEGATIONS of that one yet. Not to mention that the Democrats would have to screw up horribly again for them to lose another election. Bush got relected thanks to the Democrats not being able to create an actual platform for getting elected.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
No, they couldn't have attacked Saudi Arabia. The world wouldn't have let them.
yeah, and invasion on saudi, especially considering that saudi is so close to america theyre like brothers, coupled with it being the muslim centre, would not be a pretty sight.

i also remember hearing that some arab leader a long time ago had decided to cut the western world of oil. until inside spies assassinated him many people were going to work on bicycles :D

Simpson Freak

HSC
banco55 said:
He didn't use his airforce because after the first gulf war he hardly had an air force left. Besides Arab pilots are incompetent idiots and would have got their ass kicked anyway so it would have been a futile gesture. Look at the Arab pilots combat record against the Israelis. They are more a danger to themselves than they are to the americans or israelis.
and going to war with america is a less futile gesture?

the demands were that he and his sons would leave IRAQ, Russia even offered safe transport for saddam to moscow.

but if he would be that desperate to do as much as he can to the army, heck he could have used the planes as kamakaze crap no doubt there would be more than enough nut jobs that would do it gladly...anyway thats really not the point, i am just pointing it out to fuel some of those conspiracy nuts out there

also, saddam was complying to the un security council at the time just before the war, he was destroying his long range missiles and letting the inspectors into the country, just because he didnt before doesnt mean he had wmds, not to mention we now no that he hadnt any, soooooo? why did america invade a country over wmd's that werent there and that country even allowed itself to be searched for them.

davin

HSC
N/A
saddam wasn't just letting it be searched. if he'd complied, it would've been only several months...less than a year of time. Saddam fought it the whole time.

K

katie_tully

How fitting. U2 is on this CD. U2 stand for peace, unity and funny coloured sunglasses.

davin

HSC
N/A
the hanging chad stuff was horribly misrepresented. considering according to recounts, bush would've won the state of florida. both parties play dirty to some level, i mean, you also had gore's lawyers that got a lot of military ballots thrown out in the 2000 election.
its why they watched ohio with more scrutiny.

somechick

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
So, I could call this a picture of the prophet?

/[...]\
| |

See, he has no face. He doesn't have a penis either.
I'm so sick of hearing that the cartoons aren't offensive. Ok , so they aren't offensive to YOU, we understand that. They dont hurt you emotionally. By now isnt is obvious that they are clearly offensive to others, and its not offensive to you because you dont beleive in the religion. Its simple.

why is it offensive? IT HURTS US, because it would be as bad in your case if somebody hurt you emotionally, too. Or insulted somebody you love, care deeply about. Your mother, father, sisters, brothers, can you imagine? You will probably retort with something really cynical to this, but that's just expected.

BUT dont go around inciting more hatred purely because you hate the religion.
I have tried to explain why it is such a big deal to insult a holy figure. We love Jesus, Mohammed, Abraham, all in the same measure. They are holy figures of God and it is sad that today insulting them is called on 'freedom of speech'. If you dont believe in them, then fine.
I gave you an answer before, and you guys did not debate on my explaination, but you focused instead on a smaller point, feeble: wikipedia! It just goes to show that some people are so willing to HATE they are not willing to listen.
First research the religion factually, and then be in a position to criticise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)