Much better than making notes and memorising them? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I suppose it gives more weighting to ensure students do Past Papers.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Interesting article! Personally, I do a combination of all three methods, plus some random other techniques to remember information (such as acronyms, and also making connections with the information to everyday surroundings [this works mostly for history, such as instead of calling the Take Away shop 'Take Away' it's now the Thermopolia :p]).

In terms of effectiveness, I believe that the Past Papers is one of the best methods, it really forces you to apply the information, therefore providing you with the perspective for exam structured responses. It also allows you to examine your ability on time management, and exam stress (to an extent with this, for example you can experience how your mind copes with answering a question you're not confident with, etc.)

I think it's important for the individual to determine the best study method for themselves. Sure there are statistics proving that Past Exam Paper Practice is extremely effective, but perhaps not for all. My advice; take the time to experience a variety of methods, and then decide which one (or combination) is best for you.

HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)