MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know why E7B was evacuated today? Actual fire or just typical dodgy alarm system?
Reddit was saying something actually triggered it in a lab for once (ie. Someone didn't just walk though a fire door during exams)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie University train station upgrade announcement

The Minister for Transport, The Hon Andrew Constance MP, has announced that Macquarie University train station will be closed from 30 September 2018 for around seven months to enable conversion to the new Sydney Metro Northwest.

Sydney Metro Northwest will enable train travel for the population of Sydney’s northwest corridor from Rouse Hill to Chatswood and, most importantly, will stop at Macquarie University station. This will mean a better-connected train service to the University, with trains every four minutes during peak times.

During this time, the University will be supported by the new Station Link public transport network. Station Link will provide high frequency, turn-up-and-go services to stations between Epping and Chatswood across seven new routes. The services will be run using more than 120 new, fully accessible, air conditioned buses.

During the busiest parts of the day there will be a service at least every six minutes, with 110 services per hour. Station Link will include a dedicated high frequency service to Macquarie University campus from Epping Station. In addition, Transport for NSW will increase the capacity on existing bus routes supporting the University.

The University has been working closely with Transport for NSW in the lead up to this announcement, ensuring there is adequate public transportation to the University and Macquarie Park district during the closure.

Should you have any concerns about the closure or would like further information, please get in touch with the Macquarie University Station Upgrade Project Team at transport@mq.edu.au, or visit the Transport for NSW project website.

http://www.mysydney.nsw.gov.au/node...5eVhWTElidDZMRThOTEJTV1wvVGc2bWJHcVdnMEgifQ==

Services to MQ Campus include the direct service mentioned, as well as services going via the campus (Beecroft to St Leonards, St Leonards to MacParl, Eastwood to MacPark and Epping to MacPark)

Most of these new services only run Monday to Friday, but the Epping to Chatswood direct service is on weekends also.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie University train station upgrade announcement

The Minister for Transport, The Hon Andrew Constance MP, has announced that Macquarie University train station will be closed from 30 September 2018 for around seven months to enable conversion to the new Sydney Metro Northwest.

Sydney Metro Northwest will enable train travel for the population of Sydney’s northwest corridor from Rouse Hill to Chatswood and, most importantly, will stop at Macquarie University station. This will mean a better-connected train service to the University, with trains every four minutes during peak times.

During this time, the University will be supported by the new Station Link public transport network. Station Link will provide high frequency, turn-up-and-go services to stations between Epping and Chatswood across seven new routes. The services will be run using more than 120 new, fully accessible, air conditioned buses.

During the busiest parts of the day there will be a service at least every six minutes, with 110 services per hour. Station Link will include a dedicated high frequency service to Macquarie University campus from Epping Station. In addition, Transport for NSW will increase the capacity on existing bus routes supporting the University.

The University has been working closely with Transport for NSW in the lead up to this announcement, ensuring there is adequate public transportation to the University and Macquarie Park district during the closure.

Should you have any concerns about the closure or would like further information, please get in touch with the Macquarie University Station Upgrade Project Team at transport@mq.edu.au, or visit the Transport for NSW project website.

http://www.mysydney.nsw.gov.au/node...5eVhWTElidDZMRThOTEJTV1wvVGc2bWJHcVdnMEgifQ==

Services to MQ Campus include the direct service mentioned, as well as services going via the campus (Beecroft to St Leonards, St Leonards to MacParl, Eastwood to MacPark and Epping to MacPark)

Most of these new services only run Monday to Friday, but the Epping to Chatswood direct service is on weekends also.
More reasons to finish uni soon :/

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Did everyone else get signed up for these Lenovos emails out of the blue?

Also, my graduation is tomorrow!!!!
No haven't recieved any lenovos emails.

Yay graduation ceremony :)

That's pretty early we don't have break till next week :)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
No haven't recieved any lenovos emails.

Yay graduation ceremony :)

That's pretty early we don't have break till next week :)
Is it really not mid semester break? They advertised free parking across campus for starters, and I really don't want some shitty first year couple ruining my stereotypical lake photo. Uh

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it really not mid semester break? They advertised free parking across campus for starters, and I really don't want some shitty first year couple ruining my stereotypical lake photo. Uh
The new barriers where the centeral court yard probably will decrease the potential of first year couples to interrupt though...

Well if its Midsemester break I question why I have to attend compulsory classes :)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah yeah I haven't seen the central courtyard (might be a bit ofna suprise to all the graduating students today).

I wonder what they'll do about lectures/other classes in thr building formally known as e7b? I can see it now: They cal my name and an entire lecture of isys100 kids comes pouring out :lol:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Proper congradulations! How were the speeches? Nice and boring :p ?
Thank you!

The speeches weren't too bad overall. It was quite a long ceremony so it got a bit draining by the end (had early lunch because I had to be there by 1 and once you factor in getting ready and travel time it sucked).

Highlights included discovering what's in the random cupboard in E7B (it's an organ and by god is it loud) and thankfully there are no stairs involved so no tripping!

I got to be a special snowflake during the ceremony. If anyone feels like being a stalker it's pretty easy to figure out who I am and you can view me in all my awkwardness :lol:

Snowflek

HSC
Hey guys, has anyone done math123? I've only done general in highschool but i see that its recommended to complete math123 before i start finance1b. I heard its extremely difficult for someone who has only done general and that the lecturers don't explain very well. Also, I'm scared to go for it as i heard it can ruin my gpa if im not dedicated enough as I will find it very challenging. Can I get more opinions on this? Thank you!

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
it wont help for finance 1b. Finance 1b uses similar maths to 1a, its just a lot harder. The calculus and all that u learn in math123 isn't present AT ALL in finance 1b. Just suck it up and do it, your units are only gonna get harder

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Congrats on graduating! Still working away?

Mines in October [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Unfortunately so. Back into work today.

At least I can do things like save my up leave for holidays and not exams now [emoji38]
Same place or different?

I have 8 dedicated study leave days and 4 half days for exam attendance [emoji23] so generous here. Blessed with a great employer for my last sem.

Cant wait for CA, said no one ever.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, has anyone done math123? I've only done general in highschool but i see that its recommended to complete math123 before i start finance1b. I heard its extremely difficult for someone who has only done general and that the lecturers don't explain very well. Also, I'm scared to go for it as i heard it can ruin my gpa if im not dedicated enough as I will find it very challenging. Can I get more opinions on this? Thank you!
ECON131 is apperantly meant to be more relevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)