Existential Crisis
HSC
What is free time

I wish (paid) accounting work could be done on the weekend [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
lmao apparently second year is next level compared to first year, and its only like half a year away :|
What degree are you doing?

I've managed to maintain work/uni - working either 4/5 days a week and doing 3+ subs a semester.

Depending on what you're doing (and what your academic aims are). If its something like accounting, doing the work your doing at the minute should be ok.

Just need to try not to procrastinate and use the time you do have wisely.

This semester, mate. I am struggling. 10/10 do not recommend anyone do 5 subjects. I'd day I have the equivalent of 3 final year subs and 2 first year, still a nightmare. If you don't like sleeping then maybe I 2/10 recommend following me [emoji23]

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
What degree are you doing?

I've managed to maintain work/uni - working either 4/5 days a week and doing 3+ subs a semester.

Depending on what you're doing (and what your academic aims are). If its something like accounting, doing the work your doing at the minute should be ok.

Just need to try not to procrastinate and use the time you do have wisely.

This semester, mate. I am struggling. 10/10 do not recommend anyone do 5 subjects. I'd day I have the equivalent of 3 final year subs and 2 first year, still a nightmare. If you don't like sleeping then maybe I 2/10 recommend following me [emoji23]

Speaking of academic aims, how important is it to get HDs/Ds in your subjects compared to just Cs?

I am doing Accounting + Finance. Finance is tough as they don't hold your hand as much in this unit, but I think if I found more motivation I'd be able to catch up. I'll keep it for now thanks.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Speaking of academic aims, how important is it to get HDs/Ds in your subjects compared to just Cs?

I am doing Accounting + Finance. Finance is tough as they don't hold your hand as much in this unit, but I think if I found more motivation I'd be able to catch up. I'll keep it for now thanks.
Fairly important if you're wanting to be considered for a grad job (keeping in mind, that alone WILL NOT get the job, or even in some cases even get you an interview). Also, depends if you go top tier. Mid-tier/small don't care as much (look at my UNSW/MQ/UTS transcript lel, I've transferred/changed degrees 5 times).

My bf is doing finance, I understand finance is a little crazy. But I assume you're doing a degree that complements your strengths. So I believe you're capable.

For me, it's a personal goal to achieve a few Ds or HDs if I'm studious enough. Otherwise, if I'm erring on the side of struggle street, then a Cr will suffice. I want to get my GPA to at least 3.5. If not, well keep it above 3.

I managed 1 HD, 2 Ds and a Cr last semester. That made me and my employer happy.

It's hard maintaining a close to full-time job and being able to keep your A game at work. At times, something has got to give. You just need to be upfront and realistic about what you want to achieve.

I give myself permission to complain online or to anyone who will listen so that by the time exams come, I'm no longer nervous [emoji23]

Last edited:

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
The " what is the right work/uni combo" is different for everyone. I used to work with a guy who managed to work 2 jobs, attend uni full time and never got less than a HAD. Meanwhile, j struggled with more than 2 subjects at once and only worked 22.5 hours per week.

My personal advice is for work around uni, not the other way around. If you have to work (to make ends meet, because it's a jobs relevant to your degree and is a great opportunity), then you need to be willing to take in less at uni and extend the time to complete (which is very hard when you've been at uni for years).

Don't quit your job, but you need to motivate yourself to study (and not last minute study!). I distinctly remember semester 2 was when I started getting more and more complacent (Nobody really checks up on you, so you can get away with not doing things sooner!). You seem very motivated to get good grades and secure a career in the future. Getting ahead and staying ahead (no last minute nonsense) is how you will do that. Actually learning (not memorising things at the last minute) will always serve you best long term.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Edit: I am tried, grumpy and sick so if my above post isn't relevant or logical, I apologise. Nothing has gone well for me today.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Holy moly this man sitting next to me on the ferry smells amazing [emoji7]

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I have discovered my breaking point.

It is not being sick.
It isn't being hormonal.
It isn't even being stuck in a room doing a last minute group assignment all day.

It was mum telling me she was making curry, but making a casserole instead. I do not like casserole.

Now I'm having a small breakdown over everything ever. And that is how my day went.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I have discovered my breaking point.

It is not being sick.
It isn't being hormonal.
It isn't even being stuck in a room doing a last minute group assignment all day.

It was mum telling me she was making curry, but making a casserole instead. I do not like casserole.

Now I'm having a small breakdown over everything ever. And that is how my day went.
How dare your mum change from what she said she was going to make!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also guys the reason the Macquarie lecture thearte had heaps of police and bomb dogs was due to a religious figure visiting.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Also guys the reason the Macquarie lecture thearte had heaps of police and bomb dogs was due to a religious figure visiting.
The Coptic Pope, if anyone is curious

Disappointed I missed out on seeing the police puppers.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
The Coptic Pope, if anyone is curious

Disappointed I missed out on seeing the police puppers.
Shame because its one of the few nice bathrooms on campus (well the Y building has good batherooms but are too far away!)

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
anyone doing busl301 or has done it recently? 20% quiz coming up soon, dont even know where to start >.<

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
anyone doing busl301 or has done it recently? 20% quiz coming up soon, dont even know where to start >.<
Read both textbooks. Also try and read the legal reasoning of the cases outside of the Quilter textbook as it doesn't cover it in enough depth.
I did BUSL301 last semester and thats what I did. I found the most challenging part was the fact that the grammar was fairly dodgy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)