MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
University shuts down till 30th March. Mid-term semester break starts from midnight tonight.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hope everyone is coping with Online Uni.

If anyone wants advice in terms of what units to take next semester, or to whine, feel to do so here.

madiknowsbest

HSC
Hope everyones safe in this tough time. Maybe, once we are all out, you will all want to get put of home. because youll be sick of your parents by then. SO, why not go to the University of Wollongong and live on campus? get a loan out from the gov, move on down, party hard, study hard and just enjoy non-isolation life. Pumped for this to end, see yall there if youre game enough to transfer universities

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Not bad at all really, kinda took a little easy 1 Pass 2 Credits 1 D. Im looking forward to my final year tho this year. MQ2020 screwed a lot of people. Honestly you should be glad you finished when you did BLIT :haha::haha:

This first sem though im doing:
ACCG301 (now ACCG3001)
ACCG308 (now ACCG3008)
AFIN253 (now AFIN2053)
POL270 (now POIR2070)
This is news to me! Genuinely interested to know what is wrong with MQ2020?

I'm doing Prof. Accounting (which no longer requires the core Marketing & Management first level subjects, and now has a blockchain subject) & Advanced IT (a new degree where you can do some research - but is otherwise identical to normal IT).

I thought it was good change - but maybe 2019 would have been better?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Does anyone know when registering in classes for sem 2 is open?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Surprisingly difficult to find this year.

Wonder why that is?
It got revealed to us really late that it would be June 29th. But then later they said that will be just the teaching timetable. We still can't enrol in classes because they are figuring out which ones are online and which will have some component of face-to-face.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Is anyone doing the Bachelor of cyber security? If so how is it?
Don't quote me, but believe it may be newish (i.e only offered 2020 or 2021?)

Heard PICT2001 run by Ed Moore is quite a fun course. Matt's a Macquarie uni "legend" and famous for his ISYS100/ISYS200 courses so you'll have fun taking some of the courses run by his within the major.

Zippity_Zap

HSC
What are you hoping to get out of it? Work wise?

Have you done IPT/SDD?
Thanks for the response.
I was hoping to do the degree then complete other certifications such as the CISSP later on. I haven't done SDD or IPT but what I've heard from students doing the degree is that you don't necessarily need this knowledge since they teach you early on. Regarding jobs I was looking at occupations such as an ethical hacker, risk analyst, data analyst etc. From what I know the field is still growing and new jobs are constantly being made.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
S1 results today!

How did people go?
Kinda late but I didn't study anywhere near enough for the subjects, just had no self discipline due to every library being closed. Didn't fail any thankfully, but wish I did better. But yea that's in the past haha

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Kinda late but I didn't study anywhere near enough for the subjects, just had no self discipline due to every library being closed. Didn't fail any thankfully, but wish I did better. But yea that's in the past haha
What is done is done, you can go up from here.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the response.
I was hoping to do the degree then complete other certifications such as the CISSP later on. I haven't done SDD or IPT but what I've heard from students doing the degree is that you don't necessarily need this knowledge since they teach you early on. Regarding jobs I was looking at occupations such as an ethical hacker, risk analyst, data analyst etc. From what I know the field is still growing and new jobs are constantly being made.
Are you near MQ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)