• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
6.30 in the morning. I still can't enrol. Honestly, why be a uni for?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I won't be able to enroll until the 8th. I'm being made to go to on campus enrollment with the new students :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I won't be able to enroll until the 8th. I'm being made to go to on campus enrollment with the new students :(
Wow seriously? The fact that you've been at the uni for a number of years counts for nothing?

rayy_bann

HSC
I'm a first year Macq student and in forum sites alone have heard that the Estudent system is quite inadequate.... I'm guessing I'll be feeling the effects of it when I enroll in my subjects during second year right? But just to be absolutely sure, as a first year, I just plan my timetable out and ENROL into them during my arranged 'enrollment day' (7th of feb), right? In other words, for now, as of being a first year,I don't enrol through Estudent? I ask this because first, I now can't enter Estudent and second, when I was able to 'enrolling in subjects' wasn't an option...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Update on eStudent: 31 January 2012

We would like to apologise for the difficulties with eStudent this morning. We've been doing everything we can to stabilise the system and restore access for students. eStudent is currently up and running, but at reduced capacity. After this peak period we will investigate why our efforts to provide a better service were not successful. We are grateful for your patience and will provide further information when we can.

http://students.mq.edu.au/events/2012/01/31/update_on_estudent_31_january_2012/

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Same story every semester. Nothing new here.

The best thing to do is jump on the MQ Facebook page and have a quite laugh at the rage. The humour is probably the only remotely good thing to come out of this.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I was able to get in at 4:30am and got all my classes. I considered going to sleep around 3 and checking in at 6 but people still had problems logging in then... I really wish they rent a new server(s).

Last edited:

imbray

HSC
Up and running as of when ? I have tried every few minutes all day ?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Finally got my classes sorted... got lucky with a cracker of a timetable, all my classes together in three days =p

There's some serious hate going on on the MQ fb page at the moment, can't blame people really...

http://www.facebook.com/macquarieuni

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
A message from DVC of Students, Deidre Anderson:

Dear student

I would like to update you on the issues that have affected the class timetabling process since the early hours of this morning. Despite planning for increased demand on our systems, having 27 servers available, and having IT support staff on site throughout the evening and morning, we experienced a number of crashes of the eStudent database.

None of these system failures took the database offline for long, but to prevent further crashes, we had to reduce the number of students able to access it at any one time. The database has now been stable for many hours, and more than 20,000 class registrations have taken place, but the process is taking a lot longer than it should for everyone.

Our IT staff have been working around the clock to try to fix the problem, but we agree with much of your feedback – what’s happened over the past day is not good enough, you deserve better, and we must make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Changes need to be made to IT infrastructure and processes. Plans are already underway to make significant changes in both areas, for example increasing our server capacity significantly, and we expect you to hold us to this promise. We sincerely apologise again to all students who have been inconvenienced

Deidre Anderson
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Students and Registrar

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Changes need to be made to IT infrastructure and processes. Plans are already underway to make significant changes in both areas, for example increasing our server capacity significantly, and we expect you to hold us to this promise.
band aid fix that will achieve nothing...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
They simply don't care. If they did this would have been fixed years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)