MQ Chatter Thread (4 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Undergraduate coursework enrolment for 2018 will be available from Monday 30 October 2017. Students will be split into five groups and access will depend on how many credit points have been completed.

You are in Group A and can enrol from 8:00am (AEDT) on the 30 October.

Refer to the table below for further information on enrolment and class registration release dates:

Group A: More than 69 complete - 30 October
Group B: 49 - 68 completed credit points- 31 October
Group C: 34 - 48- 1 November
Group D: 22 - 33 - 2 November
Group E: 0 - 21 - 3 November

You should get a email stating your group if your unsure. I'm a special snowflake in group A, bow down to me!
Proud group A member.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hit me up with suggestions for electives to take as I have to take some now :(

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
You have any requirements? (above certain points, from a certain faculty)
Other then one 300+ commerce elective, for the remaining electives I have no requirements.

Other then a preference to not have group work.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Urgent: Central Courtyard closed for safety

The Central Courtyard has been closed until further notice for safety reasons. Buildings around the Courtyard remain open and lectures, classes and business activities are continuing as normal.

The decision to close the Central Courtyard follows advice that the age, type, location and microclimate of the trees there make falling branches a significant risk during and following the storms forecast for this weekend. The closure will not affect normal operations.

If you are walking or biking on campus in the coming days when storms are forecast, please be extra vigilant. Every effort is made to ensure the campus trees and wooded areas are safe, but adverse weather may cause unexpected damage.

Thank you for your understanding as we undertake these important safety works.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Elective options, as suggested by me

ISYS100 - Does have some group work and because of it's "easy" reputation you get a lot of useless idiots. Interesting class though.

ISYS104 - Easy information systems introductory subject. If you okay with technology/found Accg250 easy, it's a good unit to do. It might be a handy unit if you want to pick up some basic database skills and advanced excel skills. Don't think it has any group work.

AFIN102: Can't do this if you've done Afin100 or Afin252. If your decent at math and didn't struggle with ACST101/AFIN253 it should be alright. Looks like it has a group assignment, but it will probably only have students doing finance so maybe not too bad.

HRM107: I've heard it's easy.

JPS101: Weeaboos/could be easy if you ever took Japanese at school but not at a HSC level

MATH109: Idk it just sounds cool

MUS100: Musicians get all the girls, and you don't even need to be able to play an instrument!

POL107: Because you want to get into arguments with people for fun.

RSN150: Я, например, приветствую наших русских повелителей.

STAT175: Card counting is helpful, right?

300 Level Commerce Options:

Accg355 - This year there is a new person running it so I can't really say if it's the same as when I took it, but it's a straightforward IT style unit. Like Isys100/200, but a bit more serious and focused on business. I kind of felt like this unit was preparing us for careers. Had some interesting guest speakers and we got to use software like Tableau which might be good when your applying for grad jobs. Easy to do well if you put in the effort. Did have group work, but it's in class.

Accg358 - Super easy unit. Again more of an IT focus despite it's ACCG title, but it's really straightforward. Nuie (The UC/Lecturer) was great, classes were engaging and I think they've gotten rid of the final exam for it. Does involve group work, but it's alright for this unit. Quite frankly, it's an easy HD unit if your not an idiot.

BUSL301: Could be handy depending on what job you have when you graduate. Corps Law would be good for any sort of regulatory work (Say Insolvency). Doesn't look like it has group work.

BUSL315: Looks interesting and could be a good selling point on a resume or at an AC. Doesn't appear to have group work, looks like the more serious version of ACCG358

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Elective options, as suggested by me

ISYS100 - Does have some group work and because of it's "easy" reputation you get a lot of useless idiots. Interesting class though.

ISYS104 - Easy information systems introductory subject. If you okay with technology/found Accg250 easy, it's a good unit to do. It might be a handy unit if you want to pick up some basic database skills and advanced excel skills. Don't think it has any group work.

AFIN102: Can't do this if you've done Afin100 or Afin252. If your decent at math and didn't struggle with ACST101/AFIN253 it should be alright. Looks like it has a group assignment, but it will probably only have students doing finance so maybe not too bad.

HRM107: I've heard it's easy.

JPS101: Weeaboos/could be easy if you ever took Japanese at school but not at a HSC level

MATH109: Idk it just sounds cool

MUS100: Musicians get all the girls, and you don't even need to be able to play an instrument!

POL107: Because you want to get into arguments with people for fun.

RSN150: Я, например, приветствую наших русских повелителей.

STAT175: Card counting is helpful, right?

300 Level Commerce Options:

Accg355 - This year there is a new person running it so I can't really say if it's the same as when I took it, but it's a straightforward IT style unit. Like Isys100/200, but a bit more serious and focused on business. I kind of felt like this unit was preparing us for careers. Had some interesting guest speakers and we got to use software like Tableau which might be good when your applying for grad jobs. Easy to do well if you put in the effort. Did have group work, but it's in class.

Accg358 - Super easy unit. Again more of an IT focus despite it's ACCG title, but it's really straightforward. Nuie (The UC/Lecturer) was great, classes were engaging and I think they've gotten rid of the final exam for it. Does involve group work, but it's alright for this unit. Quite frankly, it's an easy HD unit if your not an idiot.

BUSL301: Could be handy depending on what job you have when you graduate. Corps Law would be good for any sort of regulatory work (Say Insolvency). Doesn't look like it has group work.

BUSL315: Looks interesting and could be a good selling point on a resume or at an AC. Doesn't appear to have group work, looks like the more serious version of ACCG358
Thanks.

Done HRM107 and BUSL301 as part of the compulsory units. Never doing HRM107 again yuck :p

BUSL301 was easier then BUSL250 for me which was just wierd.

BUSL315 looks like something I'm interested in too.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
If you thought BUSL301 was easier, than ignore my isys/IT related suggestions. 315 would probably be a good fit then

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
If you thought BUSL301 was easier, than ignore my isys/IT related suggestions. 315 would probably be a good fit then
No I think IT related subjects are easier for me, don't have a law brain unfortunately (nor an accounting brain :haha: )

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
No sorry. That's revenue law, yes? I wanted to take it but I changed before I got there :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)