Move to China? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
^This is true I been in China for 2 weeks, it's quite different from what people say "authoritarian shithole" etc.
it's only the media who portrays it as an "authoritarian shithole", aiming to misinform people about what china is really like. If you do shit against the government, or commit a crime, THEN the authority will be a bitch to you. But if you don't, it will be pretty much like everywhere else.

Aren't you a communist
no I'm not a communist. I'm a capitalist, supporter of the Kuomintang (Chinese Nationalist Party), ie. I'm actually a capitalist supporter.

LonelyWolf

HSC
it's only the media who portrays it as an "authoritarian shithole", aiming to misinform people about what china is really like. If you do shit against the government, or commit a crime, THEN the authority will be a bitch to you. But if you don't, it will be pretty much like everywhere else.

no I'm not a communist. I'm a capitalist, supporter of the Kuomintang (Chinese Nationalist Party), ie. I'm actually a capitalist supporter.
Why

zhiying

HSC
As someone who spent half his life in China and other half in Australia, I'd say both western and China will bag each other out endlessly. Believe what you want but China isn't too bad, I'd prefer Australia though, even though its boring here

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, but even if you get through - apparently the Government still monitors you.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, but even if you get through - apparently the Government still monitors you.
No they don't. If you're on a proxy/using proxy software, there is no way that you can be identified (how the hell are they supposed to track down a proxy?).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No they don't. If you're on a proxy/using proxy software, there is no way that you can be identified (how the hell are they supposed to track down a proxy?).
I just remember reading it in a news article, something like "And even for those who bypass the so-called Great Wall of China - many do not know the websites they visit are still being tracked".

so yeah

HSC
Uni Grad
I just remember reading it in a news article, something like "And even for those who bypass the so-called Great Wall of China - many do not know the websites they visit are still being tracked".

so yeah
Even if they track it, as long as you're not doing stuff against the government, i.e. watching a video that promotes hatred against the government, spreading messages about a riot in china, etc, then you should be okay, generally speaking.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Still, there shouldn't be a big firewall in the first place...

I mean, for that reason alone - I'm not going. I like my Youtube videos.

HSC
Uni Grad
Still, there shouldn't be a big firewall in the first place...

I mean, for that reason alone - I'm not going. I like my Youtube videos.
Oh come on, you can survive without youtube. Surely you will. Besides, in China, you may not even have time to go on youtube because some of the stuff can just be that awesome :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah but I don't speak the language so I'll just stay in my hotel room 5eva.

Gangstar1

HSC
hahaha i know about all that blocking stuff but everyone's gonna speak Chinese and stuff so i guess they wont really matter to me, I'd like to personally thank everyone for their contributions to this thread esp those who wrote heaps =P im still kinda mixed about it atm hahaha

Pfortune35

HSC
dont you wont have full access to the internet,\\

imagine not being able to go on bos(kill yourself now)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Moving to China if you don't have a decent job offer there would be pretty shit.

Gangstar1

HSC
dont you wont have full access to the internet,\\

imagine not being able to go on bos(kill yourself now)
hahaha families more important than internet but i guess my preferences fro websites will change after a while and it wont seem to bug me =P

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
hahahahahah

' as long as u dunt do nothin against da govment itz just lyk any other cuntry111!1"

*the government arbitrarily decides what counts as "going against the government"

*single party state*

'nut authoritarian at alll111!11"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)