Motivation? (1 Viewer)

hinalicious

HSC
Hey guys. Im year 12 2010 and IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STREESED OUT! I want an ATAR above 95 but it seems impossible.

I know I need to study and everything but i just cant get into it :s I dont know how to start studying for the hsc because I'm so unmotivated to study.. :(
Any help please ??? (a)

My subjects are :
Chemistry
Biology
English std
Math 2 unit
Business studies
legal studied

Is it possible to get more then 95 with those subjects ?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
To answer your last question: yes it is.

Start by summarising your topics based on the syllabi. It's up to you to get you motivated.

Also read the 1000000000000 other threads of similar theme and title on this forum.

party

HSC
just read your books, even if your not willing to study just read the chapters you have done.
you will be surprised on how much will sink in your brain :)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Yes it's possible.
It is, however, survival of the fittest- you need to find a way to motivate yourself.

ATAR_boy

HSC
Hey guys. Im year 12 2010 and IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STREESED OUT! I want an ATAR above 95 but it seems impossible.

I know I need to study and everything but i just cant get into it :s I dont know how to start studying for the hsc because I'm so unmotivated to study.. :(
Any help please ??? (a)

My subjects are :
Chemistry
Biology
English std
Math 2 unit
Business studies
legal studies

Just try to stay in the Top 10 for all of your subjects as this will give you a MUCH, MUCH better chance at achieving your goal of 95 :)

As for motivation, look within yourself. Motivation cannot be spoon-fed to you, you must FIND it. The major motivation I used was a quote from a German soccer coach after his team won the cup from a position of trailing 3-0 at Half-time: 'It's not over till its done' :sun:

hinalicious

HSC
Thank you everyone... I'm gonna try to study but i just had my half yearlys so I dont want to study but Im trying. I'm a topic ahead in business and Chem. Hopefully, I'll do more in the next week :D

beardedwoman

HSC
It's been discussed many times. It is possible to get above 95 with any subject combination. Hell, it's possible to get above 99 with any subject. The only issue is how much effort and work you're willing to put into your studies.

I have the same problem of laziness and I just can't control myself. I told myself all of today that I'd study at night but I didn't event get through what I set for myself - I only managed to look over my chemistry dot points and edit them, and doing a few questions.

I shall go back to "studying" now.......

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
when youre taking a break from study, make a big poster with your goals for the HSC and put it up in your room where youll always see it
i put my goals onto the hutch of my desk to remind myself "this is what i have to work for!"
motivational quotes help too =)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, you can definitely get an ATAR of 95+

You must work hard to get high ranks + marks, especially for english and business studies :)

Motivation can come in many forms: proving someone wrong/right, seeing how smart you are/what the highest atar you can get is, scholarships, pride/family/expectations or simply just getting into a uni course etc etc

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

as for motivation, i suggest you look at ebay, there's plenty going around.

---

Seriously tho maybe just get the books and sit there, u'll actually get bored of looking at them and then actually do sometihng about it.

twistedrebel

HSC
i opened my English assessment and after few hours i stopped procrastinating and started typing it up.

try that

hinalicious

HSC
Thanks guys

It might sound funny, but this forum is actually motivating me to study because its more educational rather then me doing nothing of facebook or chatting on msn (Y)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Thanks guys

It might sound funny, but this forum is actually motivating me to study because its more educational rather then me doing nothing of facebook or chatting on msn (Y)
If only BOS motivated me to study rather than becoming another means of procrsatination for me XD

gesh17

HSC
N/A

Any help please ??? (a)

My subjects are :
Chemistry
Biology
English std
Math 2 unit
Business studies
legal studied

Yes those subjects are fine. But you really need to do the following if you wish to achieve an ATAR of 95:

- Become as high-ranked as possible in each subject (ideally come 1st in everything)
- If the above is too difficult, then minimize/reduce the gap between you and those ranked above you
- Study consistently but not excessively
- View things in perspective and don't take it all too seriously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)