Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
probably the Godfather, by mario puzo

read it so many times

jay9nine

lonley plz msg me
i love jessica by bryce courtney, and anne of green gables.....i watched the movies to but the 4+5 ones were crap

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
dagnabit, its like asking me what type of foods i like :p

... but i've yet to read anything that has as much intensity as Anna Karenina.

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
if i'm going away or something I always take harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban. I lurrrrrrve it :D

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by deluded
The Catcher In The Rye, couldn't put it down first time I read it.
Yeah i'm going to have to say the same. The Outsiders by S.E Hinton would also be up there.

poodle

close call between 'titus andronicus' and the 'tommorow' series. (does that count as 1? =)

Miffy

Originally posted by Craig
Yeah i'm going to have to say the same. The Outsiders by S.E Hinton would also be up there.
The outsiders is a great book. We had to read it in year 9 and i couldn't put it down, i think i read it in one go... i absolutely loved it.

My most treasured book though is the wind in the willows which my mum used to read to me when i was young. I have a hardcover copy of it from when she was a child. I love old books.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Originally posted by Nick
probably the Godfather, by mario puzo

read it so many times
UR RIGHT, I read it last week. Loved it!! Though I found the sexual interludes rather annoying, but i suppose the author was a male :p

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
This was a major catalyst in my 'spree' (Since the beginning of last year) of acquiring literature, and as such is important to me, for this effect, and for its beautiful prose and deep insights (Among other things);

Hermann Broch-The Death Of Virgil.

Funny, I was expecting you to post here

Anyway my favourite book series of all time is Narnia by C.S. Lewis

some_random

i have to agree with the harry potter loves!!
excellent books they are!!

i just finished reading Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody.. it was soo touching!!
now i have to go and analyse it :?

*sigh*

ummm Jane Austen's novels are excellent too.
And I LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird

saves.the.day

HSC
the book that is my greatest treasure would have to be Frank Mc Court's novel, Angela's Ashes. You can't put that book down. It's an amazing read.

It's the type of book that makes you look at life differently.

Power of one is also another powerful book.. glad other people have already mentioned it.

The book that got me into reading was a picture book called The Giving Tree when I was in kindergarten. I'm not sure who it's by (forgot the author) but I know everyone has read it in primary school. If you don't remember, go out and find it and you'll know what book I'm talking about. I wanted to go out and buy it just for keep-sake but the price of it was $40. Pretty good price for a picture book about 15 pages that was written about 20 years ago. Author must be happy!

- Lester P.

Last edited:

sophiebear

book form when i was a kid that made me cry was sadako and the thousand paper cranes

also i was really captivated by the tomorrow series at the time and if i feel like laughing the steph plum series by janet evanovich

Theodosius

HSC
How to be Topp, Geoffrey Willans, (1954)
I bought it for 20 cents, and is without a doubt the funniest book in the world.

chepas

HSC
Best book of all time - 45+47 Stella Street and Everything That Happened - Elizabeth Honey :)

Originally posted by Loz#1
My personalised book I got for a birthday one year. My giraffe is called Nerual (i.e Lauren).
Gosh I remember those!!! My mum got me one when I was about 1 or something... it's the funniest thing in the world. They used all these personalised details, and this address of a place where apparently we lived in that I have no memory of.

Originally posted by Hottieflossy
the little prince by antoine something...he has a really complicated french surname...this has to be my most treasured book though
Yes!!! I'm only up to about 1/5th of the way through though, French teacher really recommended it and so far it's really sort of, intriguing - the view of the adults about kids and the adults outlook on the world - so true... Antoine de Saint-Exupry is the name of the author :)

cyanide

my favourist book of all time is a kid's book. louis sachar There's A Boy in the Girls' Bathroom. and Holes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)