Most challenging topic in Prelim Phys? (1 Viewer)

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Moving About is probably the hardest, at least conceptually. The Cosmic Engine is mainly rote, which in a sense means that it's easier given that it's not overly difficult to actually understand.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
It all depends on the definition of "challenging" or "hard". For example, mindless rote may be considered "easy" for some, whereas logical physics may be considered "easy" for others, where "easy" may be defined as referring to the effort required to put in to get the same amount of marks in a subject/area dominated by that type of learning.

If instead "easy"/"hard" is defined by referring to the level of conceptual understanding required, then the "most challenging topic" would again change its identity in general.

Phantexceed

HSC
I found that regarding the topic of Moving About, the concepts of motion graphs were hard to grasp and differentiate at first. ^

Which topics from Prelims are significantly going to be carried over to HSC ?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Moving about has some rote too..
I was doing an independent paper and I came across a 5 marker which asked How does the shape of a formula 1 racing car affect its circular motion....I was like dafuk.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Moving about has some rote too..
I was doing an independent paper and I came across a 5 marker which asked How does the shape of a formula 1 racing car affect its circular motion....I was like dafuk.
Yeah all the topics have some level of rote learning involved, just that some have more than others.

leehuan

HSC
Cosmic engine...

My teacher just said ok do this assignment. Go find the answers yourself you can reference the textbook but go do it all yourself (except H-R diagrams I'll teach you that stuff).

Come prelim exam time? I just studied my assignment lol

Phantexceed

HSC
Yeah rip guys this was such an effort cri

Didn't even know this was a thing until the day before yearly exams tbh, found out when I was looking over someone else's notes lelelel. Like wtf is that rip me since I will probably be doing astrophysics as my option. :spin:
My school had an open book test for Cosmic Engine, people literally printed pages from Jacaranda.
Also had to read a HR Diagram.

Phantexceed

HSC
Cosmic engine...

My teacher just said ok do this assignment. Go find the answers yourself you can reference the textbook but go do it all yourself (except H-R diagrams I'll teach you that stuff).

Come prelim exam time? I just studied my assignment lol
School made us self study whole topic. Probably because 3 terms of prelims, lack of time. Yeah just rote learning anyway..

leehuan

HSC
School made us self study whole topic. Probably because 3 terms of prelims, lack of time. Yeah just rote learning anyway..
My teacher was like it's useless for the HSC so go do it yourselves but the stuff on H-R diagrams can be confusing so he taught that. But that was about it.

JoshZ7

HSC
anything related to space..im for it..
Same here!! Our Teacher has organised our topics so that we do cosmic engine, space, then astrophys all in a row. It's gonna be great. Is that the Pleiades as your avatar??

Shuuya

HSC
We had to self learn cosmic engine through several painful weeks of group tasks <//3

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Same here!! Our Teacher has organised our topics so that we do cosmic engine, space, then astrophys all in a row. It's gonna be great. Is that the Pleiades as your avatar??
Yup a pleiades :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)