Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Dunno if this has been done before, but n e way... post what you find are the most annoying things when driving.

I will start:

* Drivers who cant handle their car. On two occasions Ive been forced to hug the kerb to avoid making contact with another car cos the person had moved into my lane! And I dont mean turning into me... rather slowly driftin into my lane

* Drivers who dont know the road rules. One example Ive seen to often is out front of my house, where a intersection is with stop signs. In the pic below (couldnt be bothered explaining it for ages) often someone in car A will stop early letting traffic from the stop sign through, such as car B, instead of proceeding to turn themselves of course watching out for cars turnin close to the kerb. Apart from the fact it confuses traffic, its just basic knowledge... how these particular people got their licenses I have no idea!

Another example is on roundabouts, people approach them either to cautiously stopping for half an hour or to aggressively having to brake and ending up halfway across the roundabout (Ive seen this happen like 5 times). Worst example is though, where their are two turning lanes, say going right, both with arrows in them (meaning you must enter and exit in same lane). Sooooo many people exit in the other lane nearly causing or in fact causing crashes, Ive been a victim of this!

* Drivers who are slow. Most of all, who maintain an inconsistant speed on highways, speeding up them slowing down etc. I dont have cruise control, but I can still maintain my speed.... one time this guy kept on going between 90km/h and 110km/h! There goes fuel consumption because of some retard.

I think though I experience the worst that driving can offer, living in Bankstown :(

Last edited by a moderator:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
  • This middleaged woman the other day, didnt giveway in the roundabout, putterin along at about 40, then gaveway when she had right of way.
  • Some bloke that didnt even stop when I was coming through the roundabout.
  • Van turning infront of me to go into driveway
  • some cunt overtaking me cause I overtook him to get into the right lane. we ended up dragging to make the lane and the cunt got there first cause he had a runup. I was FUCKING spewing.
  • old people cant drive. once there was a old lady in a car which was turning right into a two laned road, except the lane ALWAYS has parked cars. instead of changing lanes, she STAYED IN THE LANE and got about 10cm from the parked cars and swungout into my lane.
  • People who drive at 40 in a 60 zone.
  • cunts that dont keep a consistent speed, then go omgorz when I try to overtake and piss off going 20 k over the speed limit.

Jiga

old people cant drive. once there was a old lady in a car which was turning right into a two laned road, except the lane ALWAYS has parked cars. instead of changing lanes, she STAYED IN THE LANE and got about 10cm from the parked cars and swungout into my lane
Lol yeah true about old people, one turned INTO me and slightly damaged my car, another time I saw one behind me nearly turn into a truck... how could you not see that in your blind spot!

I had a similar case as well yesterday with the parked cars, this car was on my left and I saw the parked cars ahead, I was slightly behind him so I wasnt gonna speed up to pass him (I was already over the limit slightly) so I slowed down to give him room.... well he waits to last minute to turn, puts his indicators on and then brakes!!! Apart from the fact I gave him heaps of room, when you indicate its essentially saying 'give way because im turning'.... which I had done and then also began to brake to give him more room. In the end he turned in front of me, but why he indicated and braked relatively hard at the same time I have no idea! Learn the rules, fair enough alot of people dont give way to people who indicate as you should in certain circumstances (you can be fined), but he had so much room to turn anyway ( I dont mean I just gave him some room, I gave him like 20m to turn cos he was in an old arse falcon $$$) and should have seen the parked cars ahead as early as I did (they were visible at least 200m in the distance).

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
im not even going to bother i could rant all day lol, i get THAT pissed off on the road whenever theres shitty drivers around. one thing (of many) that pisses me off in particular though is cunts who don't know what an indicator is. the other day i was driving in the left lane and this old wog bitch was just in front of me in the right lane, and she decided to turn into the shopping centre carpark without indicating, which means she cut directly fucking in front of my car. i blasted the horn for a good 5 seconds and followed her in and parked just next to her and was like "yeah learning to drive might help hey.." and she just said something in a really heavy accent, couldnt even understand her, the fuckin bitch. haha i get sooooooooo pissed off when driving

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
oh and ps, older asian drivers and indians and wogs are all generally shit drivers, as are a lot of p platers who think they have a "fassssssssssssssssssssst car bro". NO A LANCER IS NOT A FAST CAR YOU FUCKING MORONS, DON'T ACT AS IF IT AS.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
the most annoying thing when driving is asians
an lebbo's
they both crack me up

asians with all there gay little toys an stuffed animals EVERYWHERE

an lebs with flags an stickers an rims EVERYWHERE

lol it makes me lol

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
i dont mind so much as stupid drivers, coz theres stupid people everywhere
just the inconsiderate ones that dont give a thank you wave when i let them in a lane

lengy

HSC
I've sort of mellowed out a bit, especially when I have Gorillaz - El Manana playing. I tend to tailgate when I think the driver in front is going too slow though. I shout profanities at other drivers when I'm annoyed but I don't stay irritated for very long. The profanities are to make me feel better. I love a good swearing session, releases all the tension. :eek: If you've ever had to pick up passengers from the station that can be the worst. There are people double parked everywhere. I want to buy an SUV with a bullbar so I can nudge them or intimidate them.

pottsy44

HSC
Plenty of people annoy me, but usually it results in me shitting them even more - cutting people off, overtaking when there is no room and coming within inches of their car, speeding past them just to piss them off, generally everything that was said.

Put it this way i cant stand following cars, so ill find a way to get around as many cars as i can so there is no cars in front of me.

Also little fags in there 4 cylinder 1. shit all litre pieces of crap thinking they are all that.

I dont really mind older drivers as they really dont do stupid things but no the less they can still be annoying.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lots of little things annoy me about bad drivers. but there is really only one thing that REALLY fuckign annoys me. and its pretty petty too:

-People who indicate for no reason at all. just driving along with the indicator on. it is sooo confusing!!

i once was in pretty heavy traffic on my way to uni, and this guy had his blinker on. for ages. everyone assumed he wanted to change lanes, so they would leave a gap in the crawling traffic to let him in. when they realised he was just an idiot with his indicator on, they gave up and moved forward.

when i got just behind him, i slowed down to let him in, thinking he wanted to change lanes lol. when i gave up and moved forward, i looked in his car to find that he was.... SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE!!!

what.a.fucking.moron.

- i also hate people who drive right on my ass even though im already speeding. what right to people have to try and pressure people to break the law?!

- i dont think its been mentioned before, and i KNOW that pretty much everyone hates it, is people that hog the right lane on highways. dont they realise that people are driving past them in the left lane?! i was once cruising along at 100km/h, in the left lane, coming up to a woman driving about 90km/h in the right lane. a dickhead p plater guy in a ridculously fast red car comes speeding up to this woman, just as im about to reach her side. i felt rather sorry for this guy, having to brake hard to match this stupid woman's speed, so i sped up to about 120, and he overtook her ON THE WRONG SIDE!! and then shot away as soon as he had passed her. man i have never even seen a car take off so fast :S. but fucking hell i gave that woman the hugest dirty.

nwatts

HSC
i hate it when i'm in busy traffic trying to write an sms message. talk about a level of multitasking males just aren't capable of.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Shell said:
- i dont think its been mentioned before, and i KNOW that pretty much everyone hates it, is people that hog the right lane on highways. dont they realise that people are driving past them in the left lane?!
YES. FUCK YES.

Once driving down the south coast to the gong. old people going about 70-80 in a 100 zone. Ive come right up behind them. Cars passing them on the left. FUCKING OBLVIOUS.

I beep my horn to try get them to move. Either didnt hear me or ignored me.
I flashed my lights and they still didnt get it.

I waited for a gap on the left, then floored it past them and changed back into that lane.

OLD PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
my there is a lot of anger in this thread. why is everyone in such a hurry??

the only thing really that gets me annoyed is drivers who think that there is only room for TWO cars at any one point on an unlaned street, when in fact most streets can easily accomodate horizontally 1 parked car and 2 cars moving in opposite directions. if there is a line of cars parked on one side of the street and a car coming in the opposite direction you do NOT need to pull over to let the other car through, there is ample room for both cars to continue.

in regards to slow drivers, i think they usually make no difference to the time it takes to reach your destination. you can see all the time drivers who cut lanes and dodge traffic and speed only to be sitting next to you at the lights again 1km down the road.

i don't really care if other drivers follow the rules or not or drive dangerously or don't know how to drive at all. there are ways to keep them from having any effect on your progress.

Jiga

People who indicate for no reason at all. just driving along with the indicator on. it is sooo confusing!!
Lol yea, that happened to me yesterday some big 4WD had his indicator on for like 5mins! I realised after giving him room for 2mins that he wasnt trying to get in so I went passed

gna

HSC
A few hates only...

1) People who don't give a thank you gesture when you let merge
2) People who can't sit in their lane
3) People who go slow in the right lane
4) People going under the speed limit

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
- it pisses me that because im a learner people assume i am going slow or am incompetent. I am doing my 50kph or slightly over (the speed limit) and people sit behind me getting the shits. And then they sit on my arse. If i didnt have my L i really dont think this would happen

- when im doing my max 80 on a 2 lane road (speed limit 100), the lane is going to end in say 500m, and some car comes right up behind me when they could clearly overtake.. i give them room to do so, but noooooo they stay there on my arse. And then when the lane ends they sit there with a crabby expression on their face, and continue to tailgate me until either they or i turn off.

- people not giving way on roundabouts. A van cut in front of me today the dickhead. and then 5 meters later they decide to pull over anyway.

- people who tend to get the shits just because i decide to exercise some caution when going down a windy slope. I am extremely sorry that i do not wish to go flying off the edge.

Zozo6969

HSC
H8 bitches that cant stay in the same lane for more than 2 seconds. Also, ppl that dont fucking know the road rules, like when there is a merging road but no line markings, the person behind has to give way to the person in front even if they are only a bit in front, but ppl just fucking fly by ignorant of everything.

Also, i was turning left into my driveway once, and i have to go right a little so when i swing in it wont hit the pylons. I can understand why a person would overtake you, but this person overtook me on the fucking left, so i was just about to swing into the idiot. Lucky i saw her in the side mirror.

Jiga

Also, i was turning left into my driveway once, and i have to go right a little so when i swing in it wont hit the pylons. I can understand why a person would overtake you, but this person overtook me on the fucking left, so i was just about to swing into the idiot. Lucky i saw her in the side mirror
Yeah that can be so dangerous. Ive had similar things (look at pic) where their is a turning lane up ahead and people cut across the white strip just like the red line I drew just before the turning lane while your continuing on to then move into the lane properly like the blue one. Its ok if the person turning checks (altho they shouldnt HAVE to cos its a single lane going into a turning one) but if they just assumed no-one would be doing that its asking for an accident. Its understandable when the traffic is built up to give room, but it happens alot when the traffic is flowing well.

EDIT: And its not cos their pissed off and overtaking me cos im slow.... its an 80 zone where I go 90 and just before the turn off its 60km/h but I usually just let the car roll after that so its keeping up the speed

it pisses me that because im a learner people assume i am going slow or am incompetent. I am doing my 50kph or slightly over (the speed limit) and people sit behind me getting the shits. And then they sit on my arse. If i didnt have my L i really dont think this would happen
Yeah... although from my experience learners are generally alot slower than traffic because either they are just starting to learn and are worried in traffic OR dont wanna speed because if you get caught you lose your license (while the rest of traffic usually goes 10km/h or so above because they can with 4+ points). In saying this, I generally dont get pissed off at learners because I realise I was their once upon a time and its not their fault (especially with the stupid 80km/h limt)..... I dont have the same sympathy for full license holders though who drivers worse/slower than learners becuase they can no excuse.

bizadfar

HSC
-Slow people, esp slow people infront of me, who do not get out of my lane.
Today this guy was going 60km/h in 80 in a van. I changed ready to overtake, then this fuckhead in an Accord "Sport" changed infront of me, and just coasted at 75 or 80 (everyone goes 100-120 here) So all 3 lanes were blocked by a van(who decided to speed up) an Accord "Sport" and some VW. I was in the middle, right up the rear spoiler of the accord, a Holden SS ute next to me hassling the VW, and another Accord (non sport) hassling the van. Classic Cluster fuck!

-ANd yes people on the Motorways going LESS than 110. I was behind this Silver toyota seca on the way to blacktown. THe driver struggled to keep it inside the lane properly and struggled to keep it at constant spped. Mostly going from 85km/h to 100km/h. Keep in mind i had my L plates on. I got sick of it and changed lanes and gave her the look (too bad windows greatly tinted) I looked in my rear view, and what do i see? P plate.... I mean who the hell goes below 110km/h on a motorway. There is absolutely nothing out there. No Cruise control is not an excuse, I didn't even know how to turn mine on (i pushed the button, dash lighted up cruise, i let off and the needle dropped rapidly, i stepped back on it quickly and turned cruise off)

- Old drivers, as they especially the slow ones. Yes going slow may be safe, but old drivers do just as stupid things.

-Short drivers (old are deadly) This short person was sitting in a camry and like trying to look over everywhere. I could tell she couldn't jackshit, disaster waiting to happen. All you need is a damn cushion. It's that simple.

- P plater punks who think u want to race them or some shit. (very funny when they are in some turbo corolla rice shitbox) Funny enough i got off the line way infront then let off a bit at around 60km/h.

- P platers that think they are god of the road, and cannot drive for shit. The one infront of me could literally not stay in one segment of his lane, one second right up on the dotted lines near the wall, next second on the other dotted lines near a car...

-People who change lanes dangerously(weaving). This sparks alot of road rage (eg my dad). I can't really talk, i use to do the same thing long ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)