Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
Yeah, I was going the average 10 over behind another car that was doing the average 10 over so I was content to just sit in the lane and I was just watching this medium sized hatch try to weave it's way around traffic noting how funny it was seeing him get 10 metres ahead only to be trapped by another car and that lane ending up being the slowest. I don't like changing lanes too often and looking like a tool so I wait till I know there is a good opportunity for me and I take it and end up getting ahead of everyone and them being trapped by the next set of lights. At least I manage to get about half a klick before I have to slow down for the next set of lights but if I'm lucky I'm gone and they are still stuck behind. I don't see the problem with letting faster people through. At least you know if they are driving fast then they will be gone and wont bother you so just let them through. If I can see someone in my rear view mirror approaching faster then me then I'll let them through.

Jiga

Yeah its stupid how people dont let faster drivers through, although sometimes they can be annoying whens its one lane and they tailgate you when your doing 20 over!

I also agree with the changing lanes thing, personally I dont like to change lanes alot.... I usually try to plan ahead which lane I need to be in or at least visually scan ahead as far as possible and around to see when you can change lanes with minimal fuss... this is what your MEANT to do to ensure traffic runs smoothly and you change lanes safety. I think alot of people just focus on the immediate area in front of them, which is not only stupid but can be dangerous when a hazard is ahead. Alot of people also just put their blinkers on and instantly think they can turn because if they get hit its not ther fault... happened to me with an old guy when I was parrallel/slightly ahead to him, he indicated and drove into me! Now if Im parrallel how can i see his indicator when Im focusing on the road, and when I saw him moving into my lane with my perhipherial vision I beeped him and still ran into me... some people just dont check their blind spots. Or you see the tools in their Hyundai Excels weaving in and out of traffic nearly causing a dozen crashes as they change lanes into tiny gaps.... crashes only being prevented by the driver in that lane braking.

Makes you think how some people got their licenses... more so with people who dont know the road rules. And the stupid part about it is young people get punished by having to do more hours etc, while the retards who dont know the rules continue driving on until their next crash. Im a firm believer that they will never really decrease youth deaths on the road with increasing hours or having another class of provisional drivers etc because its not that we dont know the road rules (for the MOST part), its just that split second where you get a rush of blood to your head and speed around a corner or soemthing that can be fatal... and realisitcally unless you do some driver course (this is something that WOULD reduce the road toll IMO) whether you have 100 hours experience or 50 hours driving on nice quiet roads with mummy in the car wont matter much becuase your in a totally new situation where you've lost or about to lose control of your car. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashimation

HSC
FUCKING FOUR WHEEL DRIVES IN THE CITY.

And the stupid cunts who drive them when there is no need -- they are responsible (partly) for fucking climate change.

The stupid mothers with their 'family fwd' to keep their kids safe. Most of them can't even fucking drive, so when they cause a crash, guess who will die -- the other person.

I hate fucking WANKERS who drive hugeass cars in the city -- IT'S NOT OFF ROAD you fuckwits! argh!!!!!!!!

Jiga

Yeah alot of 4WD have and never will see the offroad. And its only going to get worse, now car companies are producing and marketing sportier versions like the Ford Territory Turbo or that Nissan one.... sorry ppl but a massive 4WD is not a sports car nor will it handle anywhere near like one! All you get is a gas guzzling monster that might have 250kw, but has to lug around 2 tonnes on its massive tyres which cost $$$ and are not going to help your cornering ability. Worst part as well is all these mummies buy big cars and use them near schools...... a place where 4WD's should be banned! Apart from the fact they have very poor visiblity when reversing (apart from newer ones with reversing camera) they are also very fatal when it comes to running over a person due to their height and bull bars. You have a very slim hope of survival in other words espeically a little kid who is going to go right under the vehicle.

And as for safety, they are actually not better safety wise in a crash.... they are alot more vulnerable to rolling over in side on crashes.

gna

HSC
Slow drivers, inc Asian women, 4WD mothers and TAXIS!!!!!!

Never fucking say thank you.

bizadfar

HSC
ashimation said:
FUCKING FOUR WHEEL DRIVES IN THE CITY.

And the stupid cunts who drive them when there is no need -- they are responsible (partly) for fucking climate change.

The stupid mothers with their 'family fwd' to keep their kids safe. Most of them can't even fucking drive, so when they cause a crash, guess who will die -- the other person.

I hate fucking WANKERS who drive hugeass cars in the city -- IT'S NOT OFF ROAD you fuckwits! argh!!!!!!!!
How narrow minded can you be? Maybe they are not as rich as you to afford different types of cars. Maybe they use a HUGEASS car for people moving, transport. I don't know about you, but seeing a 8 asian people crammed into a Camry is worse.

Well obviously there alot more vunerable to rolling over. Then again u got weight distribution. These engineers are cramming as much weight into the front to give it understeer, to prevent retards who think they are Michael Schumacher to chop at the wheel(ie Alonso) esp on a hill. A driver with common sense understands limits. Unfortunately most drivers are retards, and don't know what a limit is until they exceed it (ie crash).

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Honda Odyssey (sp?), KIA Carnival, Toyota Tarago, Toyota Avensis, Mitsubishi Grandis...etc.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
bizadfar said:
How narrow minded can you be? Maybe they are not as rich as you to afford different types of cars.
Your saying rich people drive cheaper cars? :confused:

bizadfar

HSC
I'm saying what if a family has bought a 4WD for ALL purposes. That person is saying people with 4WDs should also have a suitable car for the city.

lengy

HSC
Yeah, I notice how everyone in my suburb, non rich area, who has an SUV, always has it sparkling clean. Couple of bags of groceries, taking kids to school in a 5 minute drive. My god, it's unbelievable what these SUVs have been put through.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
bizadfar said:
I'm saying what if a family has bought a 4WD for ALL purposes. That person is saying people with 4WDs should also have a suitable car for the city.
No.
They were bitching about the people who do not need a 4WD, yet buy one anyway.

lengy

HSC
Like I said before, I don't get annoyed until you're actually in my way, unless you're one of those parents or people who double park to pick up stuff for more then 30 seconds. I don't like SUVs or vans when they are blocking my view. I don't mind if they aren't close by but I'd like to see what's in front of me in traffic so I can prepare. I don't just watch the road in front, I constantly check the rear view mirrors to have an accurate idea of the movement of all traffic around me.

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I think though I experience the worst that driving can offer, living in Bankstown :(
Have you been to Cabramatta? LOLOL

HSC
i hate it wen cars comin in the other direction don't turn off their high beam lights at nite
drives me crazy

HSC
people who are impatient fuckers and beep at you for next to nothing .. i was at the front of a set of lights, the light had been green for seriously less than two seconds and the dude behind beeped at me. fuck off.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
*slurtznow&4eva said:
i hate it wen cars comin in the other direction don't turn off their high beam lights at nite
drives me crazy
ohh thats fucken annoying, but whats worse is when they are driving less than 100 metres behind you with their high beams on. theres no way to tell them to turn them off!

synthesized

HSC
N/A
most annoying thing when driving - when the road rules are vague.

who has right of way in this situation (see below)? it is not a 4-way intersection but it is 2 driveways (one from a service station, the other from a pub) diagonally opposite each other. both cars want to go in the opposite direction to the other car. there is constant traffic coming from each direction. it was at night so nobody can see the other driver. if we were to both enter the road at the same time there was the potential for an accident. but whose fault would it be?

i just got tired of waiting for the other guy to move so i just floored it and took a narrow gap in the traffic where he possibly couldn't move into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)