Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
People who have 2 L/P plates on the front and back of their car. I can see one P plate fine, you don't need 2.
Maybe they have 2 L/P plates so it doesn't matter if one falls off...(driving without them is an offense).

CieL

HSC
You think two at the front, two at the back is bad?
You know what I've seen?

This maroon shitbox... 4 Ls on the front, 4 at the back, two on the left, two on the right...

It's almost flashing to other drivers WARNING WARNING, I'M SHIT ALRIGHT! WATCH OUT FOR ME!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
faintygirl83 said:
Maybe they have 2 L/P plates so it doesn't matter if one falls off...(driving without them is an offense).
It's a pointless precaution. A monkey could put plates on a car so that they don't fall off. If they're that worried about the plates they should put them on the inside of their car.

OOH I also hate people who drive with their fog lights on. I think it's illegal. They're dazzlingly bright, and all they do is light up a tiny little space between the front of your car and your normal headlights. If you only see something as it's entering that space, you've already run it over.

People who weave in traffic.
People who don't plan ahead (left lane blocked 50 metres up the road, and they don't realise it until the very last moment).

Today I was driving behind a truck, and it stopped at an intersection... but not fully. It just coasted right into the middle, and instead of going straight through and running the red light it just sat there. Whaa? If you can't stop for the red, go through it. I know it's hard to stop a big truck but sitting in the middle of an intersection is not the answer.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
It's a pointless precaution. A monkey could put plates on a car so that they don't fall off. If they're that worried about the plates they should put them on the inside of their car.
Not necessarily...I have had magnetic and cardboard L plates fall off my car on short drives.

In July the rules are changing in NSW and L/P plates will have to be displayed externally on the car.

CieL

HSC
faintygirl83 said:
In July the rules are changing in NSW and L/P plates will have to be displayed externally on the car.
Where does it say that?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
faintygirl83 said:
Not necessarily...I have had magnetic and cardboard L plates fall off my car on short drives.

I bet you're the one Ciel is talking about, with a million plates on your car.

I maintain that one is enough. Once you start putting extra plates on "just in case one falls off" where do you stop? Hell, go over a speed bump and six or seven plates might fall off your car all at once.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
CieL said:
You think two at the front, two at the back is bad?
You know what I've seen?

This maroon shitbox... 4 Ls on the front, 4 at the back, two on the left, two on the right...

It's almost flashing to other drivers WARNING WARNING, I'M SHIT ALRIGHT! WATCH OUT FOR ME!
HAHAHAHA

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, people who put multiple plates on are just :confused: But I don't like P plates who stick their plates right into their number plate so that there's like a tiny bit of red or green poking out the edge. Particularly red P's--they're the less mature P platers.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
lala2 said:
Yeah, people who put multiple plates on are just :confused: But I don't like P plates who stick their plates right into their number plate so that there's like a tiny bit of red or green poking out the edge. Particularly red P's--they're the less mature P platers.
Haha yeah I've seen that, where you can't even tell what colour the plate is because it's all covered up. Or their back windows are so tinted that you can barely make out the P plate at all.

People these days.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
I bet you're the one Ciel is talking about, with a million plates on your car.

I maintain that one is enough. Once you start putting extra plates on "just in case one falls off" where do you stop? Hell, go over a speed bump and six or seven plates might fall off your car all at once.
No, I do not use more than one plate on the back and front of the car when I am driving.

I just don't see why having an extra plate is such a big deal. You would probably whinge if you saw an L/P plate driver without plates too.

CieL

HSC
P plates will have to be displayed on the exterior of cars from July after police reports that too many young drivers have been caught hiding their P plates in obscure positions on dashboards.
Oh mannnn like seriously, is it that bad that other people cant see your P plates? You get full licenced drivers driving like P platers and vice versa.. I dont see a difference how displaying P plates would help in any way.. it's not like hiding them will give you an extra 20kw of power..

After reading scarybunny's post.. I have the biggest urge to grab 50 L plates from the RTA and superglue them on every inch of paint on a Learner's car X]

But yeah, I've accidentally driven without L plates a few times.. like I'd drive home, park in the garage.. parent takes 'em off to go out.. then I hop back in the next morning thinking they're still on..

I really dont care how many plates a driver has on.. I might giggle n bag them out if they have more than 4, but I wouldnt be bothered to go into an argument demanding that they should have no more than one at the back, one at the front.. that's just lame.. who the fk cares..

tennille

HSC
When people indicate about 1 km before the turn.

When people indicate at the last minute (never trust them).

People sticking to my arse when I'm already doing 65 km/h in a 60 zone. That's when i slow down to 50 km/h.

People who drive 40 km/h in a 60 zone.

People who can't stay in one lane.

Jiga

Yeah, people who put multiple plates on are just But I don't like P plates who stick their plates right into their number plate so that there's like a tiny bit of red or green poking out the edge. Particularly red P's--they're the less mature P platers.
Less mature lol? Ive had a cop say he could book me for doing this one time, it wasnt on purpose... its just I dont want them to fall off. Now after putting them on 'correctly' Ive been through 3 plates!

Oh mannnn like seriously, is it that bad that other people cant see your P plates? You get full licenced drivers driving like P platers and vice versa.. I dont see a difference how displaying P plates would help in any way.. it's not like hiding them will give you an extra 20kw of power..
Yeah I recon the whole dispalying of plates is stupid really (like p's etc)... what is the point? Im assuming its to let other road users know your a young driver, but Id like to see the effectiveness of this someone stopping a crash or whatever...

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I have the sticky P's that are on the inside of my windshield. They're the best - they can't get nicked, they can't be blown off, and they're clear as day. Making it law to display them on the outside of the vehicle is just asking for trouble, "Oh, but officer, dey must have blown off coz dey were dere bafore!"

Having said that, almost every single thing said in this thread pisses me off when I'm on the road. If people are sitting on my arse, I slow right down, turn on my hazards, and don't give them a chance to go around. They back right off.

Jiga

Having said that, almost every single thing said in this thread pisses me off when I'm on the road. If people are sitting on my arse, I slow right down, turn on my hazards, and don't give them a chance to go around. They back right off.
Lol yeah Im the same, I will slow down.... maybe not the hazards though! Really shits me when they tailgate and Im already going over the limit.

I also hate it when theirs a traffic jam and people go down the left hand side and try to merge later down, even though there isnt a lane their... great way to hold everyone up. Sometimes if Im pissed off I go into the middle of the lane so they get stuck behind me and cant pass lol. Relates to this as well, hate when people dont wave or whatever when you let them in, some rich bastard in his POS Audi other day got in front of me, I let him in... nothing in return. I guarrantee your avg joe would show appreciation, bit of courtesy

Last edited by a moderator:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
It shits me when people fly up the left lane then try to merge in right at the end. I never let those people in.

Or, when it's a left lane must turn left situation, and people know that, but they zoom right down it, then just expect you to let them in, as legally, if their car is in front of you, they have right of way. Pfft, screw that. I just honk them and give them a gesture.

When I'm driving to Uni, and I let people in onto the main road, or let them turn off, it seems to make their day, they're so happy and wave thankyou's like 3 or 4 times. I always say thanks to someone who lets me in, so it suprises me there are so many arseholes out there who don't even give a slight wave or sign of appreciation.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Oh when i'm trying to drift on public roads, and theres all these other drivers doing the speed limits...like god get out of the way idiots! Some of us are too hectic for you!.......................................................................

gracie007

HSC
^wtf

well i hate it when people dont indicate upon entering a roundabout that they are going to go left or right. then u enter from the otherside, coz u obviously assume they are going straight as they have no indicator on, and then as they are turning round the roundabout they go mental at u for entering before them! like wtf, u didnt indicate u douche so why should i wait for u?

this one time a guy in front of me was driving about 25kms in a 50 zone, in a massive pajero talking on his mobile. so i honked and went around him and he got sooo angry and was going crazy at me...not like he was breaking the law or anything.

bng

HSC
Im a learner and i cant stand slow learners. Fukin piss me off. Its not that hard to go around a roundabout. get ur lines right and ur set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)