• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Money and relationships (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Its a masculine thing to pay; it's nice to feel, as a guy, you can support your loved (or whatever the relationship is) one... It's not only that you have the capability to, it's something more, too... But what exactly is hard to put a finger on

I do think, though, that things should end up roughly even. I know that it can get frustrating when it's not (or the girl gets manipulative in order to be paid for... grr!), and can become one of those 'little things' that add up, tension-wise. I'm not interested in calculating what's half, right to the cent, but I know it's so very, very nice when you hear "you paid last time; it's my shout this time"... assuming you're comfortable enough, as a guy, to let her! ;)

There is a certain element of who has the higher income, too... If the guy has a higehr income, I think things can be a little more skewed, but personally I don't thnk there should be a hard and fast rule...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i dont care.he pays u pay whatever
whoever has the money..i will he will..its all good
but i wouldnt expect the guy to pay or make him pay
if he offeres he offers..if he doenst he doesnt
i wouldnt break up with him over it..unless its gets as bad as my friend
who is continuesly lending her boyfriend money..like $300 etc..every now and then..he never pays back
spends it on stupid stuff
she paid for his rego..etc..always pays..thats just pushing it

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my friend went out with a guy expecting him to pay
he made her pay for her dinner..then he used a voucher for her movie and got her a free drink
she was kinda pissed at how tightass he was..esp coz he asked her out on the date..
but she soon got over it...
and she didnt have enuff money coz she expected him to pay..lol

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
natstar said:
My boyfriends pays for things like dinner/lunch, when we go out to things like the movies or bands etc i prefer to pay for myself
hehe... how many boyfriends do u have!? :p

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
It should be split or at the very least he pays then she pays.

Anyway there are tons of places where you need not spend a great deal, cofee, park etc...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
if going out with friends - we pay our own way unless its like a birthday thing eg i had a birthday thing at a restraunt with only my group from school and well i (my mum) paid for it.
when i'm with my bf...then we usually just pay our own but sometimes we get generous and pay for each other esp when the other isnt high on the funds.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
we usually just pay for our own stuff, but if one of us has lots of money and the other is low on funds for some reason, then we pay for the other. but i rarely have money cos i don't have a job.

for little things (like bus fares or money to pay for something when you're short of like 50 cents or whatever), then whoever has their wallet out/gets there first pays, i think. and yes it's nice to hear 'my shout' but i'd feel bad if he paid for EVERYTHING.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
we usually just pay for our own stuff, but if one of us has lots of money and the other is low on funds for some reason, then we pay for the other. but i rarely have money cos i don't have a job.

for little things (like bus fares or money to pay for something when you're short of like 50 cents or whatever), then whoever has their wallet out/gets there first pays, i think. and yes it's nice to hear 'my shout' but i'd feel bad if he paid for EVERYTHING.

hahahaha

read: dave always pays for me.... nice wording!

ps. jd rox your socks.. more so than dave ;)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Jack Daniels...

I thought Dave would have had a cooler chick than that! Oh, wait.. you aib't 18 tetrso so I suppose you're excused

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i think big L put it best (as he has a habit of doing) when he said "i wouldnt give a chick ten cents to put cheese on a whopper"

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
well....my bf has more money than me...bcos i dont have a job yet (ive just moved)...but when ihave a job, i pay for my own stuff...i think its nice that he does offer to pay, buti dont think he should HAVE to..i feel bad if he pays all of the time, so when i have money , i buy him something, or pay for something when we go out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)