Module B - Critical Study of Texts (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Teleph said:
Please someone answer what does it mean by "extracts"? For wuthering heights does that mean two chapters or scenes ???
i'd say scenes..but i'm not really sure either..who cares! it's done now..unfortunately, you can't change your response..

superbird

HSC
extracts could also mean interpretations yeh? it was a weird question :|

grimreaper

HSC
bah I didnt even know what it meant by "two extracts". I just did my normal essay on eyre and kurosawa's interpretations of Lear but focused on contexts....

kris12345

i used two quotes for extracts but when we got out side the english teacher said we should used 2 scenes and just gave two different interprtations of each ie. humanist and feminist or what ever that was a fucked up question but the rest of the test was ok

i only manged to write 4 pages for critical study

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Oh shit. I thought I did ok until I read this thread. I talked about Nahum Tate's and Eyres interpretations, and how/why they were shaped by their respective contexts.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i did poetry but this question still put me off

it was so bad when my mum called and i said "yeah mod b was a little iffy" and she said "yeah you would've creamed it, you just wrote about your own post-modern context and values and how you view yeats for it, right?" and i went "uh....yeah...sure"

em_516

bludging..
HSC
same..i did put my interpretation of the play at the end though..which was slightly poor..but i dunno..i still think i answered it alright..

Stanche

I didnt mind that question, i thought it was one of the easiest Lear one's ive done. I spent alot of time praparing my personal views of the play which helped heaps.

I didnt speak about a feminist or wateva interpretation perse, i just used my vews. I also used Act I Sc i and Act IV sc V as my extracts (very generalised though). And i also used Nahum Tates production and disagreed with the way he changed the plot so that it was less nihalistic.

My argument was that in todays world of terrorism and brutality, King Lear does not appear that harsh and unjust and therefore its textual integrity should be kept... blah blah blah. Omg i did it so wrong!!

ENGLISH IS OVER FOREVER... WUHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :D :D :D

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I didn't read the question, so it has zip on my view.

That essay would have got me 20 if i wasnt so stupid, but atm thats probably dropped me one, maybe two bands.

Though I did refer to alot of modern interpretations, and had the extracts of course (who wouldnt?) but im still rather worried about this one.

Farkette

HSC
ohhh crapsicles i think i used like one quote in the whole thing
but i referred explicitly to two diff scenes and crapped on bout them, and then how living in my modern post feminism culture (ie time and place ie context) have shaped my interpretation to side with more feminist views...

anyone else here do megan finlay's small production of Queen Lere (shown in Newtown in May i think??). my teacher was pretty savvy in scouting it out for our class, its quite diff to most common films/productions of KL, will stand out from the masses of similar responses.
lets just hope i wrote well enough about it for it to actually have an effect..

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
didnt attempt this section ... :(

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
neo_o said:
I didn't read the question, so it has zip on my view.

That essay would have got me 20 if i wasnt so stupid, but atm thats probably dropped me one, maybe two bands.

Though I did refer to alot of modern interpretations, and had the extracts of course (who wouldnt?) but im still rather worried about this one.
I used my opinion quite a bit but didnt show how it was shaped by my context. Stupid me.

skittlebrau

superbird said:
extracts could also mean interpretations yeh? |
That's what I assumed. Wuthering Heights was my best in trials yet I managed to totally stuff it up today. Woo... go me.

*Princess*Jess*

i obviously failed to read the question correctly as i didn't mention anything to do with my own interpretation and just talked about Eyre and Miller's interpretaions of two scenes... FUCK!!!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
That Lear question was absolutely brilliant. I started my essay with a brief outline of Nahum Tate's revisionist interpretation and used that as an opening example to show how context influenced the reception of the play.
I then went into how the play can be interpreted as a political tragedy, explaining how a political production shows its ideas and how those ideas are still relevant to today’s modern society. I made this major link between the folly of Lear and the folly of many modern rulers.
All in all, very happy

superbird

HSC
Craig said:
That Lear question was absolutely brilliant. I started my essay with a brief outline of Nahum Tate's revisionist interpretation and used that as an opening example to show how context influenced the reception of the play.
I then went into how the play can be interpreted as a political tragedy, explaining how a political production shows its ideas and how those ideas are still relevant to today’s modern society. I made this major link between the folly of Lear and the folly of many modern rulers.
All in all, very happy
yet u didnt use two extracts

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
skittlebrau said:
That's what I assumed. Wuthering Heights was my best in trials yet I managed to totally stuff it up today. Woo... go me.
yeah same with me, yeats was my best one but it fucked me right up the ass today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)