Module B - Critical Study of Texts (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
For all your Module B woes ...

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
That was the stupidest question possible. How has your own context shaped your interpretation? What a stupid question. Everyone should get top marks because they're asking for your interpretation, which is influcnced by your context. Well, they can't mark your interpretaion wrong because it's a personal thing, not Brook's or anybody elses, and they can't fault your context because each person has different beliefs.

Besides I hated the question. Stupid question.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
FUCK YOU SHAKESPEARE.
FUCK YOU BOARD OF STUDIES.
I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE IN YOUR SLEEP TONIGHT YOU BASTARDS.

S

Shuter

I like it, easy as all hell for that part, not enough time to write everything though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
WTF did extract mean? Does that mean a whole scene or just a quote?

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Hmm mee didnt like the question, it was only relevant to a small portion of what we went through in class, and it's gonna be my worst Q in english i reckon.

wind

HSC
Extract...with King Lear?? The hell...?

Does that mean scenes??

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
fuck it, i just wrote out my essay and added

"because i was born in australia and have not experienced blah blah"

CrashOveride

HSC
wtf does it mean by time and place? i started saying how i live in a western countyr in the 21st century shit etc gives equality to women thats why i can apply a feminist perspective wtf ?!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i thought this question was okay..but it soooo cant be done well in 40mins..not with the rate of my writing anyway! i don't think i've gone as well as i did in the others but the question still wasn't too bad..

superbird

HSC
i generalised sooo much in this question. i ended up talking about different interpretations and how they were shaped by the context of the time. then went on to talk about my own interpretation which was like so brief! as for two extracts i was hell stuffed. talked about the storm scene and lear's death at the end but i had no quotes to back all this up!

HSC
F*CK SHAKESPEARE!!!!!

I screwed it..(whats an extract??)

oh well..its over now..YAY!

Jennibeans

HSC
we didn't do anything with any extracts we spent the entire time learning bout themes and shit like that & thats what we were told to write we never applied anything to any scene and we were told to use to quotes to back up our points about themes
im screwed arent i

lolly_161

hey ppls,

that paper was SHIT! i hate modules....

for my "King Lear" answer i just wrote about how my context meant i could view different interpretations of the play and how i was infuenced by them - which none of u seem to have done......dammit!

i just detailed Brook's, Eyre's and Kozintsev's interpretations and detailed how much i agreed with each one and which one i thought was the best one - and which one best suited my interpretation of the play.

does that mean i answered the question wrong and i am now totally fucked?

ah wells.....i guess we'L find out in december....but that was a fucked question.

as for putting two extracts in there - wat do u guys think "extract" means....one line or is it more?? i have no idea!

anyways....good luck in future exams especially those who will be suffering in business studies like me tomoro!

LaUrEn
xoxoxo

wind

HSC
Good to know I'm not the only one that screwed this section up! hahaha

I thought the board wrote "FINISH: 11:50"...still got 30 minutes!

But since I'm sitting all the way at the back, It actually said "FINISH: 11:30" when I squinted

Ohhh shit!! 20 minutes to write a Lear essay *sigh* Oh well...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
the question was by far the most difficult question since hte new hsc...howeva it was to be expected...if u read the friends,romans marxist thread in teh critical study forum, u cud tell they wud emphasize personal engagement with the text...overall a difficult question, but it wasnt so bad as the otha 2 were relatively easy....newasy i talked bout 2 productions and a little bit of mcluskie's reading, i analysed the textual integrity of that shit, and i deduced wot shud b done in a contemporary modern production (i avoided personal pronouns but it was implied that i was attempting top personally engage with the text...neways hope yall did alrite overal

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Please someone answer what does it mean by "extracts"? For wuthering heights does that mean two chapters or scenes ???

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
select two major extracts and then talk about them

i just wrote out my essay again with like 16 quotes
who cares

16 heads are better than 2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)