Module B - All Texts (1 Viewer)

sar567

Did any1 else do in the skin of a lion? If so did u just use the readings to say tht it would always have relivance to som1 therefore not hav a used by date? caus thts all i could think to do

Nezz

HSC
for cloudstreet i said that a text that has textual integrity doesnt have a use-by date and then just proved that cloudstreet has textual integrity cause of themes, language, characterisation etc...
i thnk i sorta babbled a little though...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by swangal
ahaha. i did the exact same poems, with the same arguments + chucked in a few critics statements. That question was easily the best one of the 3.
Lol, yeah I agree, I did that question first cos as soon as I read it I knew I could just crap on about it

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by Vana
hmm..
i agreed with the statement..is that wrong??
Doesn't matter whether u agree or disagree with the statement...if u can give a strong argument and back it up with quotes and examples and hence prove that the statement is true/untrue, thats what will get u the marks

Kiya

OMG I did SKIN OF A LION and the question didnt relate to the text at all!! annoyed me so much!!

cakes

hi
HSC
Originally posted by sar567
Did any1 else do in the skin of a lion? If so did u just use the readings to say tht it would always have relivance to som1 therefore not hav a used by date? caus thts all i could think to do
I do skin of a lion, it was a weird question for the text because it's so "new", and my readings are both contemporary, being postmodern and post-colonial, thus it was hard to say that there was no use-by date. but i just did the readings, and said that, meaning is made when there is a negotiation between composer and responder, so it isn't intrinsic, but an interpretation based on the reader's context, thus will always be different, hence there is no use-by date. something like that.. it was hard, since my readings didn't exactly back up the statement

LeesY

john donne was an easy question but wasnt it a matter of either agreeing or disagreeing with the statement? well i structured my response similar to that of a debate and i held negative sides to the question
didnt write much for it though 6.5 pages i think...in the 20 minutes i had left
english needs more time!!!

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Yeah I think most people disagreed with the statement. I just justified it because it can read in diff ways (marx/fem) and critics had celebrated/criticised his poetry (dryden/johnson/grierson/eliot)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea i disagreed. erm i did johnson's reading of sunne rising and stevie davies (a feminist) reading of batter my heart. and i said that it was their contexts that shaped their meaning, and that because donne's poetry was dealing with an intellectual argument, it's still relevant, and can be interpreted in a multitude of approaches conditioned by the reader's social/cultural context, thus it cannot expire its used by date.
or something.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
How many other people did plath???
I thought the Plath question sucked - although i've never likes Plath stuff. I completely screwed it, only wrote 3 pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)