Module B - All Texts (1 Viewer)

swangal

Originally posted by yenta
I did John Donne, I quite liked the question. I disagreed with the statement cos I think his poetry is relevant to today's society and it will never go out of date (esp. his love poems). I did The Sunne Rising, Batter My Heart and A Valediction. What did other people do?
ahaha. i did the exact same poems, with the same arguments + chucked in a few critics statements. That question was easily the best one of the 3.

bails

The Q for in the skin of a lion was so easy. I really liked it. I disagreed then used 2 readings to back it up. Easy done!

Stuwy85

my cloudstreet response talked about the society made by winton we could look back on. The numerous readings allowing us to reread the text and gain something new and also i talked about duality unity love and family and how it was a universal theme that responders for generations will be able to look back on. i talked briefly about marxism, spirituality, post colonial and aboriginal readings and in depth about feminism. does that sound like a good answer??

jaNetix

donne was very nice
however i only had time 2 talk abt 2 poems...but they were in depth...
and chuked in the critics stuff.....good q!
did valedictiion
and sunne rising

Leon_Phelps

Donne question was so good! I was stressing for it but i ended up writing 7 pages on tha bastard
i disagreed with the statement, threw in some critics as well
i did batter my heart, sunne rising, and hymne to god
overall im happy with that question

Ribbon

I loved the donne q... did 7 pages also, disagreed on the statement with the relique, a valediction and the sunne rising and then talked about 2 different critical response theories, with a quote for each critic

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
For one of the readings I was for the topic and for the other reading I was a against the topic. I
should u do that?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
should u do that?
Probably not but the question said:

"Compose an argument for or against the topic....consider its reception in different contexts."

So I thought I would talk about how the argument can change from people in different contexts (readings).

Thinking about it now, it is probably wrong but at the time I didn't have much time to think, so I probably made the wrong decision. Anyway, I can't change it now, so I won't worry about it:).

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think i read the question wrong
i started attacking the validity of post-colonial reading :(

jizmiester

i did Donne...really loved it, i disagreed and said that his poetry and themes were relevent to today and the past mainly because they attracted textual interpretations from two different contexts....really happy with it... bout 11 pages on this, considering i hate him so much i thought it was great!

eeyore

Yeah I was glad they didn't specify a speech! I was so sure they were going to - lol!
But then I spent too much time on the other sections (did speeches last) so I only ended up writing about 2/3 as much as I could have...

vegeta_316

I wrote about 900 words for this. I thought the question was pretty general and allowed the student to really show his understanding of John Donne in a variety of contexts. Textual Integrity was able to be easily shown as a result of this if you disagreed with this statement.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
i think i read the question wrong
i started attacking the validity of post-colonial reading :(
At least I am not the only one:).

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Did anybody do Jane Eyre or is my school the only school in NSW that fucked us over?

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
thanks fellow cloudstreeters, you made me feel a whole lot better. like most of you i did that question last and did it in about 20mins. i didnt know if i did it write but , i did it like the rest of you except didnt go in depth for all of my points cos i knew i didnt have time and just wanted to create a whole piece rather than one that was half finished, no matter how shit.
I did an historical reading and then tried to splurge some shit about a christian one cos that's wot i studied.

Thank god no more advanced english, now only got extension to go. SHIT!

anastabation

This also highlighted the board of studies ridicularity. they told us to consider language, reception of context, something else, and FORM, then talk about how its got a use by date or how it hasn;t.

All of plaths poems are in the form of a poem....thats all they are, whats the form got to do with a use by date in this case? Monstosity. Whenever they are too lazy to do individual questions for each subject they add a ghey stipulation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)