Module A - Elective 1: Transformations (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol yeah..the way they worded all the questions were a bit gay.........illuminate and extract...lol i dun emma/clueless, it waz ok but i had 2 much crap to write and i couldnt say all that i had planned to, they either shud make the question based on a more specific thing not just the whole emma/clueless values and tranformation n crap or they shud extend the time 4 the questions!! actually i take that back...they should make it harder for next years HSC students hehehhe lol ;)

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
i thought it was pretty good, at least it was broad enough to include all the info i knew, so i was happy

barbieisfat

crazy_old_jwg said:
i thought it was pretty good, at least it was broad enough to include all the info i knew, so i was happy
yeah good one juliawithglasses... u so have mrs drayton?? i bet u did.. well the question was pretty BLARGH.. nothing special.. at least it wasn't in some crazy genre like a feature article or something crazy like that...

countdown

This Q was ok~ i did a last min conclusion but overall it was ok!
Eng is ovr guyz! wooT!!!

tallguy87

omg_a said:
pretty good, if vague q. they could have asked u to do the same thing in a different way...i spent 5 minutes looking at the q thinking, so what exactly am i supposed to write about???

yeah....this question basically asks u to write your own argument...what u think about your text...

luckily it was similar to the one I prepared.. just rewrote the essya again.. haha
i thought it was the easiest question...stupid harwood!

stuff english...stop talking about it...its OVER! DAMMIT!

GET ON WITH LIFE!.

focus on up and coming exams people!

kalinda

HSC
over all it was an ok question but i agreed in that the wording was vague

Last edited:

Leasha23

I think that this question was pretty good for HSC, because it was fairly straightforward in what you exactly had to do, and adapted to most prepared essays, but provided a slightly different angle which meant that it wasnt your standard easy essay response.
Definitely my favourite module in this exam! Hence the fact that I churned out 12 pages of crap on Emma and Clueless... :)

arkers7

I suppose it was an ok question.... but it they were really unclear on how they wanted us to respond to it.... did they want a personal response or a formal essay? I was under the impression that you don't ever use the first person. But oh well its no use worrying about it now, if I stuffed it up then I stuffed it up!! My bad!!

AR

HSC
I thought it was a fairly clear question - helped by the fact that i did an identical practice essay yesterday! but i hate emma/clueless so i left it until last, which means they wont be able to read my writing...! :uhoh:

[caity]

emma/clueless mmm probs my best essay lol stuffed the other two rgh king lear was craaaaaaaaaaappppppppp i hope board of studies reads this IT WAS CRAP I HATE U lol neways the question for transformations was confusing kind of, but then i thought whatever just write your prepared essay stuff the markers lol mmm dont think anyone will be able to read my lovely writing

NothingIsStatic

The Wanderer
HSC
That question worked out quite finely as it seemed like a generic type. Basically writing down an essay, stating what you learnt in that module is the best case scenario, and that is what I interpret that as.

Now, only if I got a better memory...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
how EASY were those Transformations question? it was so open-ended that you couldve talked about anything - great for the essay 'pre-preparers'

sara_a

It was a good question but I think asking us about how anything has shaped our perception is a stupid idea, we only studied it because we had to and then we just sprouted out whatever our teachers told us and made up absolute bullshit about what was illuminated

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the question was a deadset gift

its jsut so annoying how ppl with prepared essays could use them, where as my spontaneous one didn;t really help me because the question wasn;t challenging

Angel45

HSC
The Module A question (4 me, Emma/Clueless) was VERY broad, more or so like an AOS question, and I think that hindered me in a way because in my study I had prepared on the assumption that it would be more specific and was going to apply the information that best suited the question, however, in 40 minutes I found it very hard to respond to such a broad question with all the information I had. Also, it didn't really give any guidelines. Like at least Module C I was like okay, look at motives and techniques (4 me, Telling The Truth - Frontline).

I think in a way I over-studied coz I was scared they'd make it specific and I tried to cram too much into the 40 min response. I was like okay, gotta shove in everything I know on transformations!!

I feel like what I produced in the 40 minutes was not a true demonstration of my ability to write a well-structured and well-supported response. The entire time I was writing my response I was conscious of the time ticking by and had to be wary not to go over the 40 minutes per essay!! It's actually quite distracting...

But at least no more English eva!

sub

sara_a said:
It was a good question but I think asking us about how anything has shaped our perception is a stupid idea, we only studied it because we had to and then we just sprouted out whatever our teachers told us and made up absolute bullshit about what was illuminated
lol thats so tru...
i mean when the fuk are u going to use transformations again in ur life? how did anything we learnt in this topic relate to everyday society? wtf? and eng teachers keep saying they help with real life...YEAH RIGHT!! anyone else find doing this topic a waste?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i wasn't totally impressed with my answer (hamelt + RaGaD)
but it was okay i think i forgot a few things
but i wrote a booklet almost
so i should get marks

no more english EVA thank god

aladdin

HSC
i thought the question was okay - a bit broad but that was just to compensate for the more specific stuff in the other modules. it was good cos you could be specific as well, e.g. i addressed women, social responsibility and the hierarchy as represented in the two texts (with regard to their broader context).

did anyone else try and answer with more creative forms? i.e. not an essay? e.g. i wrote a feature article for Emma/Clueless so that i could integrate my perspective.

Kelvy

HSC
EH?! I thought we had to write an essay.....didn't we?!!!

sub

kelvy u could write whatever u wanted basically, they didn;t say write a feature article...but they didn;t say u couldn;t write one either. so basically u could choose the text type u had ur answer in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)