Mining Engineering. (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Gee, thanks guys. The one time in my year at BOS when I've actually wanted to rep someone for help and I can't.

Thanks. Really. Thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

Gavrillo said:
Effing good pay.

What's so wrong with wanting money?

I'm the type of person who'd hate anything they're doing. I figure that I might hate something a lot less if I'm making stacks of dosh for it.
Because not only will you hate what you're doing, but you won't get paid well. Nobody will hire you for a 75K job when you're a total jackass. Go do law and be like all the other wankers that do it for the money.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Because not only will you hate what you're doing, but you won't get paid well. Nobody will hire you for a 75K job when you're a total jackass. Go do law and be like all the other wankers that do it for the money.
Law = hard work + too many people + crappy training in Aus.

X

xeuyrawp

Gavrillo said:
Law = hard work + too many people + crappy training in Aus.
Money = hardword. Too many lawyers = too many law students. Crappy training in Australia = what you need if you want to practice in Australia. :rolleyes:

S

Shuter

Slide Rule said:
That's not correct. The figures quoted are UNSW specific. They are what the average UNSW mining graduate gets in his first year out. They are NOT estimates or guesses, but real figures from a statistical report on UNSW graduates.

So obviously if you don't plan to do the degree at UNSW, they wouldn't be very useful.
I think those figures are optomistic or are from a very limited sample. My sister did her degree at UNSW and was top of the course in graduating year. Her graduating salery was probably around the 45-60k mark I think.

And laney why did you adress your post to me?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh that's splendid! You think legal training is 'crappy' in Aus?
And there are 'too many' people?

I'm sure it would be VERY hard work for you mate....

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
No, I don't. It's hard to explain it to people. I've read and seen enough to know that renewable energy isn't a pipe dream but it's hard to convince others.

These articles might help you, but otherwise look at UNSW's Centre for Photovoltaics website.

http://physorg.com/news5370.html

Further: http://www.earthtoys.com/emagazine.php?issue_number=04.04.01&article=photovoltaics

And you could also take a look at Iceland as a model for a society suceeding of renewables. Renewables power about 80% of Iceland. (type iceland or 'hydrogen economy' into wikipedia)

Plenty of other information on the net.
Renewable has to be the way of the future...oil is limited and if we don't start admiting that then in about 50 years most people wont even be able to afford to run a car on pertol....mind you solar cars are a long way off being commercial however they are improving drastically...

Australia really needs to invest in solar power plants, and also wind farms. The tried to start a wind farm but locals wouldnt let them because they thought it would be too ugly but hey some time in the near future there wont really be a choice...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
...Wanker.

Why try so hard when you can be rich and stupid?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Renewable doesn't have to be the way of the future, your limiting your view of energy to only "oil" which is entirely stupid. We will not have solar cars....

Solar power plants ????? Wind farms (I may agree) but you still seem to be looking at this from a bit of a narrow perspective...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Courtenay said:
Renewable has to be the way of the future...oil is limited and if we don't start admiting that then in about 50 years most people wont even be able to afford to run a car on pertol....mind you solar cars are a long way off being commercial however they are improving drastically...

Australia really needs to invest in solar power plants, and also wind farms. The tried to start a wind farm but locals wouldnt let them because they thought it would be too ugly but hey some time in the near future there wont really be a choice...
Wrong, nuclear is the way of the future. Solar is far too inefficient to be viable, at least until uranium runs out in 192919512390523 years time.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Women? They aren't women.

As for us, Dopey gets a bit silly at Christmas and we...well, we manage.

S

Shuter

Courtenay said:

At current finds, we have 90 years of currently economically viable oil, and 500 years of coal. You'll only be working for about 40 years at most.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Secretaries are ugly. All the hot ones work for politicians.

We have trucks and explosives.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Also still on the solar idea, how what is the process of extracting sand for use in solar panels called?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
Wrong, nuclear is the way of the future. Solar is far too inefficient to be viable, at least until uranium runs out in 192919512390523 years time.
But once we use up all the uranium, they're gone. Oil might come back in 200 million years if we have enough marshes etc today.

S

Shuter

Once we use up all the energy from the sub it's going to be gone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)