• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Meyerhold (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by kalinda
im happy at the moment cuz one person in my class just dropped and she is this biggest bitch who has to have everything her way and chucks a fit if it doesnt. she wouldnt know group work if it bit her in the ass. however she is now gone - one less person to worry about
im hoping i just get in a group that is reliable and who i get on with which is most of my class - the gettin on bit not the reliable.
it will be interesting in which groups we get put in - im thinkin there might be a few fights though
bring out the popcorn
That reminds me of someone in MY year 11 drama class, we needed to do a playbuilding task and she fucked us all up!!!

Originally posted by aLeeOh!
hmm. imabit worried about who gets put with who for gp......
idont mind who im with-lol.. well, to an extent. i'd be lieing if i said i totally didnt care- but there are some people that well.. worry me...
i feel sorry for a paticular person in my class who gets stuch with the ssame type of people all the time... theones that have chosen drama as a subject basically coz they have to!
nah, they're not that bad... but still.....
AleeOh! we all know Heno's not gonna stuff u up, i mean look at our meyerhold group!!! WHOOOO! were gonna kick ass! :)

whos the person who keeps getting stuffed... talia?

kalinda

HSC
lol
today we had a physical meyerhold workshop on the city. it was the best. it was being run by the opera house but in a rehearsal hall in the orchesta rehearsal place.
it was hard at times because it was highly physcial and the guy made us run around the run heaps but it was very rewarding and should help with the performance

kalinda

HSC
i actually thought the pract was really good. it will be great for doing our performance essay. it also gives a 3d dimension to meyerholds work. also its just great acting experince. we did thinks like body movement and balancing.
if u really dont want to participate in the pract sprain ur ankle the day before - it always works

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by kalinda
lol
today we had a physical meyerhold workshop on the city. it was the best. it was being run by the opera house but in a rehearsal hall in the orchesta rehearsal place.
it was hard at times because it was highly physcial and the guy made us run around the run heaps but it was very rewarding and should help with the performance
Are they still going on??? what are the details?

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky

AleeOh! we all know Heno's not gonna stuff u up, i mean look at our meyerhold group!!! WHOOOO! were gonna kick ass! :)

whos the person who keeps getting stuffed... talia?
yeh.. poor talia.... i mean, they're not that bad... but .. she can do better.
and i know we'll kick ass! lol... we better.nah... sit back and enjoy workin with the ali-anne co.!

hey kalinda.... yes plaese, give us more info! whats this meyerhold workshop? soundslike heaps fun. and i love the little prac we've done on meyerhold already! so i cant imagine doing what youve done..... oh.. im jealous!

kalinda

HSC
Biomechanics: The Physical Theatre of Meyerhold
10, 17, 19 March
Presenter: The Studio at Sydney Opera House
Venue: The Studio Foyer

Biomechanics introduces students to the principles of Meyerhold using a wide range of techniques. The physical skills that unite an ensemble of performers underpin this original theatrical approach. Acrobatics, mime, character and basic slapstick skills will aid students in building a strong and dynamic physicality.
Under the leadership of former Legs on the Wall members, Gavin Robins and Lucia Mastrantone, key principles of Meyerhold's biomechanics will be addressed - helping students to forge the connection between mind and body - "teaching the body to think."

Gavin and Lucia draw inspiration from a broad spectrum of theatre training and performance experience to create the Biomechanics workshops. Gavin Robins has created and performed theatre throughout the world with Australia's leading physical theatre company Legs on the Wall. His physical training in acrobatic and aerial theatre, dance and yoga, inform his expert practice. Lucia Mastrantone has worked extensively with Australia's premier theatre companies including Company B and Legs on the Wall.

SUITABILITY: Years 11 and 12
NUMBERS STRICTLY LIMITED

Duration of workshops: all day

SEASON
10 March 9.30am
17 March 9.30am
19 March 9.30am
PRICES
$30 (teachers may attend at no charge with group bookings)
Please call the box office on +61 2 9250 7777 for more information
i dont know if u can still get in but if u can get the details of the people holding the class - gavin and nisha or something like that they might be able to do a workshop at you school - just have to get the skool to give up some money

kalinda

HSC
ill have to look those up. i have a taste now for the workshop they are so much fun

kalinda

HSC
MEYERHOLD IS OVER
performance was tonight and it went well
NO MORE MEYERHOLD
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)