Meyerhold (1 Viewer)

kalinda

HSC
i need to do a essay on Meyerhold - his influence on theatre today and the different tradtions that have influenced his work. i was hoping some one could share a site or something that would help
thanks heaps

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Ohh... thats HSC level... not at that point yet unfortunatly... but yeah.. in the set text (Meyerhold a revolution in theatre) they go through every play and what influenced him...

Haven't really scoured the net, but check the links thread.

Do you have any resources to share? I'm gettin some.

kalinda

HSC
the great problem with meyerhold - a revolution in theatre is they are stopped printing it therefore getting very hard to find
dont u just love the bored of studies
i did find a few good sites by going though yahoo and looking up meyerhold influence/d
if u find anymore please share

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I think they enjoy torturing us. And absurd drama? The Existentialist thought is enough to make any weak kid commit suicide. I told my teacher who agreed with me, and said she'd keep an eye out on the class. lol

Existentialist's question peoples existence... Why are we here? Ok, so it's a good question, but they reckon that we live a pointless existence, and we're just filling in time until we die! Can we get any more pessimistic.

Kalinda, you're lucky you didn't stay at your old school, otherwise you would have been doing Absurd Drama with me :p
It's Jemma :)

kalinda

HSC
hey jem how did u guess ;)
how is my old skool going
im telling you now id rather be doing absurd drama. my new skool has developed a thing called performance essay which they are very proud of but pure torture for us. i dont even fully understand what a performance essay is. but what i have been told its a performance in which you convey information in a 'creative way.'

fun fun fun

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by aLeeOh!
sparky is just an evil, evil young man!
ohhhh! I think BOS is more evil than sparky. Sparky's cool :)

Originally posted by kalinda
hey jem how did u guess ;)
how is my old skool going
im telling you now id rather be doing absurd drama. my new skool has developed a thing called performance essay which they are very proud of but pure torture for us. i dont even fully understand what a performance essay is. but what i have been told its a performance in which you convey information in a 'creative way.'

fun fun fun
Ahh the school's the same. It never changes. It probably hasn't since 1906! A performance essay? We did them in year 11. We did really well. lol But I wouldn't wanna do it for hsc, that is definitely gay. I hate how teachers try to make assessments 'fun'. NOthing about the HSC is fun, so I'd rather get it over and done with!

Don't get me started on group work...

kalinda

HSC
lol group work. i just love it how i have been put into a group with two people who regularly jig and there miss all practices and input. but then u have to waste even more time teaching them the work *sign*

kalinda

HSC
not gps but just groups for the topic of meyerhold
i dont think people are allowed to start group work till at least sometime in term 2

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Ahh ok. either way, group anything SUX. We're still all a bit lost as to who is going with who. You can't start the gp till term 2, but there's already been a few probs in my class. Geez, how unusual. But hopefully it'll get sorted out soon!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
hmm. imabit worried about who gets put with who for gp......
idont mind who im with-lol.. well, to an extent. i'd be lieing if i said i totally didnt care- but there are some people that well.. worry me...
i feel sorry for a paticular person in my class who gets stuch with the ssame type of people all the time... theones that have chosen drama as a subject basically coz they have to!
nah, they're not that bad... but still.....

kalinda

HSC
im happy at the moment cuz one person in my class just dropped and she is this biggest bitch who has to have everything her way and chucks a fit if it doesnt. she wouldnt know group work if it bit her in the ass. however she is now gone - one less person to worry about
im hoping i just get in a group that is reliable and who i get on with which is most of my class - the gettin on bit not the reliable.
it will be interesting in which groups we get put in - im thinkin there might be a few fights though
bring out the popcorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)