Medicine Written Application Review FREE! (1 Viewer)

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
....Damn I have no idea if my PM even sent around 2-3 weeks ago because my sent messages have nothing in them...
or maybe I just don't know how to use this site yet since I've barely used it hahaha ;-;
Dw, the application isn't actually used in grading for most universities. Either way, the most important thing is that it honestly portrays why you want to get into medicine.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Dw, the application isn't actually used in grading for most universities. Either way, the most important thing is that it honestly portrays why you want to get into medicine.
yeah from what i recall they mainly look at it during your interview to check consistency and how you articulate what you put in the application in the interview situation

Reactions: Oer

Medman

HSC
Don't think that cuts it nowadays unfortunately.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
!!

We had new 17 admissions in 1 day on Thursday and we literally did a ward round around ED department because basically all of ED beds were occupied by Geris patients. Due to the aging population and how good we are at keeping people alive you often see a lot of representations of sick patients who are not quite ready to die but are approaching stage. Another reason is that a portion of geris patients require services and other assessments to help them live independently or go to a nursing home (which is government funded). So despite the fact their medical issues are sorted social issues are not and they could take a while to sort out so you have a lot of patient's lingering on your list waiting for that. Also geris discharges can be challenging if they have a lot of medical problems.
I hadn't thought of geriatrics as a particularly busy rotation in comparison to other rotations, although I imagine it would be dependent on the setup and scope of the team. Good effort if you had to clerk all 17 admissions yourself!

Medman

HSC
No way I clerked those 17 admissions that's for the reg. Clerked a few but jobs are more important.

A1P

HSC
Hi, I've just done my Med application to UWS with an online registration form plus predicted ATAR; it doesn't seem to require a letter.

Which unis require a written application letter? Thanks

bangladesh

HSC
Hi, I've just done my Med application to UWS with an online registration form plus predicted ATAR; it doesn't seem to require a letter.

Which unis require a written application letter? Thanks
unsw/jcu as far as i know

Reactions: A1P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)