media in HSC exams (1 Viewer)

shellsbells15

HSC
i was just thinking about how when you watch the news around hsc time there is always video footage of ppl doing their HSC....
what sort of school would let reporters into an exam room???
it would be sooooooo distracting!!

or is there some secret system that i don't know about

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well if you read through here you should be able to find links relating to the media in the HSC exam rooms, as I remember last year there was a number of complaints about it and extra time or something.

I believe what they do is after the exam is finished they come in and record you 'doing' the exam (well acting like you are), the schools that allow it I assume they are in for the publicity and to keep coperation up with the media.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Stock footage that's set up - I doubt the kids are actually doing an exam, they're just told that they'll be on TV if they look busy. Like Kid.@admin said, it's worked out between school and media entity to look authentic.

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Basically, it's all acted out, it definitely wouldn't be allowed for cameramen to take footage and disturb students who are sitting a real HSC exam.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
From the Board of studies: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/bos_stats/hsc05_mediaguide.html#nine

"In the interests of students, journalists intending to contact schools to obtain television footage, photographs or student/teacher interviews during the Higher School Certificate examination period are asked to observe the following procedures:

Schools generally prefer no media presence just before or during an HSC examination.
Even with school permission to visit before an exam, do not film an exam in progress or risk distracting students who are preparing for or writing examinations.
mock-up shots after the exam can usually be arranged to provide images of students concentrating on their exam papers.
Journalists seeking access to a government school or telephone interviews with teachers should contact a Department of Education and Training media liaison officer on (02) 9561 8501, preferably 24 hours in advance.
Journalists seeking access to a non-government school should contact the school principal directly.
Be aware that in some cases parental permission must be obtained for students to be photographed or filmed or otherwise identified or interviewed. Check this with the principal.
Always notify the school principal on your arrival at the school.
Please call the above number at any time with questions or special requests.

Additional media information and copies of this Media Guide and the extensive Media Backgrounder can be found on the Board of Studies website:

www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)