med (2 Viewers)

goodcat911

HSC
yall I just wanted to update
my brother did in fact get a wsu offer 😭😭I swear he's a whole dumbass but congrats to him ig
anyways stats for those curious
2023 atar: 98.75
ucat: 3060 (VR:700)
did he have any preference (gws student, rural or eas or smth)?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
HOW IM BACK TO SQUARE ONE DOES THAT MAKE SENSE I THOUGHT IF U START UNI U NO LONGER ARE UNDERGRAD IM GONNA GO KMS
WHHAT TF IS POSTGRAD MED THEN AHHH
let me put it simply cuz😭😭
you will be applying as an undergrad UNTIL you finish an undergraduate degree
youd be applying as a postgrad if you have FINISHED a degree and have graduated from something

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
let me put it simply cuz😭😭
you will be applying as an undergrad UNTIL you finish an undergraduate degree
youd be applying as a postgrad if you have FINISHED a degree and have graduated from something
but why does atar count then
i heard for unsw if u start a degree then to get into a nother degree they look at ur WAM and not atar anymore for the first year of studies??

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
but why does atar count then
i heard for unsw if u start a degree then to get into a nother degree they look at ur WAM and not atar anymore for the first year of studies??
ur WAM counts when ur competing with current university students, i.e. internally transferring, going into a master's with limited spots etc.

ATAR counts when ur competing with HSC leavers, and potentially current uni students but that's irrelevant

if I'm not horribly wrong

liamkk112

HSC
i think synthesis should just stick with the degree he already picked otherwise he is never gonna graduate

bro is going to have transferred into every degree at this point

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
this mf cant pick a degree πŸ’€ lemme assure you that gap yr is essential. Its not a course you can magically just get into bc its one of the most competitive uni courses out there. I'd say stick to something and start grinding alr lmfao.

its_ace21

/Γ¦Ιͺs/
HSC
this mf cant pick a degree πŸ’€ lemme assure you that gap yr is essential. Its not a course you can magically just get into bc its one of the most competitive uni courses out there. I'd say stick to something and start grinding alr lmfao.
this guy considered law, teaching, engineering, med AND music (idk if theres more) like each of those are so diff to each other

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
this guy considered law, teaching, engineering, med AND music (idk if theres more) like each of those are so diff to each other
average white kid who gets angry at ppl when they ask 'what dyw to be when ur older' and then is fked once school is finished and theres no time to 'think about it'

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
and say u don't get in. u just wasted one yr doing no degree. i reckon u have a higher chance doing non-standard entry bc at least ull get experience in a degree
I mean its worked out for a fair few ppl ik. but I guess if thats what u think is the best approach πŸ‘Œ I cant say much, im in yr11 rn so πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Jedhcurtis76

HSC
ur WAM counts when ur competing with current university students, i.e. internally transferring, going into a master's with limited spots etc.

ATAR counts when ur competing with HSC leavers, and potentially current uni students but that's irrelevant

if I'm not horribly wrong
Wait, hold on. So if I start a 5yr degree this year, I will be labelled as an undergraduate until I graduate right.

So with med, what are the entry requirements for most uni's, as someone 1st/2nd year in a 5 year undergraduate degree.

Is it ATAR (meet min requirement) + UCAT... OR WAM + UCAT??

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)