med (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Bro what more do u want to know abt
what i asked in the main post
is there anything written online abt it
i need more detail than just "do gap year then do ucat" or "get high wam and apply"
surely unsw or whatever has it posted somewhere

ALSO isnt it diff for each uni

nsw..wollongong

HSC
what i asked in the main post
is there anything written online abt it
i need more detail than just "do gap year then do ucat" or "get high wam and apply"
surely unsw or whatever has it posted somewhere

ALSO isnt it diff for each uni
U might find this helpful

I also have a spreadsheet of the requirements of every uni if u want? Ur right it’s different depending on where ur applying to

liamkk112

HSC
pls someone
postgrad:
- get high gpa and gamsat score, highly competitive (eg 30 spaces for usyd)

undergrad gap year:
- redo ucat, then based on atar
- additionally, uow offers 3yr pre med course, which (if gpa > 6.5) guarantees an interview for doctor of medicine

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
postgrad:

undergrad gap year:
- additionally, uow offers 3yr pre med course, which (if gpa > 6.5) guarantees an interview for doctor of medicine
is the unsw medical science course thing (where its two years ) guaranteed to get u a spot in med ( so 2 years then u switch over to 5 years of med i think) for a total of 7 years instead of the usual undergrad time being 6 years?

liamkk112

HSC
postgrad:

undergrad gap year:
for reference, usyd CLAIMS that a minimum gpa for admission is 5/7, and then minimum scores of 50 in each gamsat section, however this is the bare minimum to be eligible to apply, naturally as there are only 30 spots you are competitive based on how high your gpa/gamsat score is compared to other applicants

liamkk112

HSC
is the unsw medical science course thing (where its two years ) guaranteed to get u a spot in med ( so 2 years then u switch over to 5 years of med i think) for a total of 7 years instead of the usual undergrad time being 6 years?

from what i can see, there are 20 spots, and looking at uac admissions numbers there are 185 students enrolled in the course, so you need to be in the top 10% of students in both gpa and ucat, which appear to be weighted 50/50

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC

from what i can see, there are 20 spots, and looking at uac admissions numbers there are 185 students enrolled in the course, so you need to be in the top 10% of students in both gpa and ucat, which appear to be weighted 50/50
i asked some random person i know who does med at unsw and she said that if ur atar is above 96, then they consider ur atar/gpa whichever is higher as well as ucat?

liamkk112

HSC

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
and if i chose gap year undergrad i would be sitting against basically everyone who is in year 12 in 2024 and wanted to get into med as well? as well as everyone else older than me who have failed and are trying again? and they would use my atar?

liamkk112

HSC
and if i chose gap year undergrad i would be sitting against basically everyone who is in year 12 in 2024 and wanted to get into med as well? as well as everyone else older than me who have failed and are trying again? and they would use my atar?
yep, the only thing to redo would be ucat which would be used along side ur atar (so just like if u applied this year) as ucat needs to be taken in year of application, ur atar wouldnt be recalculated tho afaik.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
if my brother makes it to wsu med next year then it's definitely true that there are dumb ppl doing wsu med, he's dumb asf hopefully he makes it tho🤩
yall I just wanted to update
my brother did in fact get a wsu offer 😭😭I swear he's a whole dumbass but congrats to him ig
anyways stats for those curious
2023 atar: 98.75
ucat: 3060 (VR:700)

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
yall I just wanted to update
my brother did in fact get a wsu offer 😭😭I swear he's a whole dumbass but congrats to him ig
anyways stats for those curious
2023 atar: 98.75
ucat: 3060 (VR:700)
wait im still confused
if i wanted to do med at wsu what would i do? obv need to wait for next year right.
is it post or under grad im confused and does my atar count or not

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
wait im still confused
if i wanted to do med at wsu what would i do? obv need to wait for next year right.
is it post or under grad im confused and does my atar count or not
if you apply for 2025 med you would need to sit ucat this year and apply for wsu through uac as normal, and as an undergraduate
your atar is gonna count

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
if you apply for 2025 med you would need to sit ucat this year and apply for wsu through uac as normal, and as an undergraduate
your atar is gonna count
but thats as undergrad meaning i take a gap year?

what if i wanna just start a degree this year at unsw bc im still interested in that
then what would happen would my atar not count and how would the selection thing work

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
but thats as undergrad meaning i take a gap year?

what if i wanna just start a degree this year at unsw bc im still interested in that
then what would happen would my atar not count and how would the selection thing work
no you can still do a year of uni but you would be applying for med as an undergrad. your atar will still count iirc atar expires when ur 21 or something so your atar will certainly count (and possibly ur 1st uni year marks but not sure), you'll be competing with the 2024 hsc leavers and other applicants like urself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)