Med Science or Science? (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu or aelior, you really are full of shit. Firstly they don't just 'lower' the requirements for wannabe doctors in the defence force. My sister is in the RAAF through that scheme, but she still had to get into medicine first to be accepted. The way you have stated, you would still need to get into medicine through normal means.

Secondly there is no such thing as bmed at ADFA. ADFA doesn't offer medicine at all. Thirdly there is no way that UNSW accepts GAMSAT, since UNSW's course is a under grad course. Last but not least, doctors in the defence force dont become soldiers, they become medical officers. They don't kill others like a soldier would do.

For a person aspiring to get into medicine, you clearly are very confused.

Last edited:

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
hmm... prob is the b.sci in unsw doesn't allow u to do neuroscience.. u HAVE to do Avd sci... which i can't coz i dun do 3 u maths....
but usyd does.... which is a bummer coz i like UNSW....
researchy stuff? dats cool dun mind dat.. since u said neurosurgeons get sued a lot............ no good!!!!

but still... i think mayb i shoul djust do well in my course and then do the grad med... hehe!!

i dun think i wanna b soldier lol!!! =S

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
>< Yes that is unfortunate,

NEUROSCIENCE - Program Code: 3972, UAC Code: 429013

3972 being Adv Science. Though that's weird, since B science is supposed to be a more flexible degree which allows you to elect 'almost' all courses or majors, provided you've met the prerequisites, and I wonder why it's not included in the B Sci degree.

How about you give our Student Central Staff a call, try out our numbers:

It is open from 9am till 5pm every week day, and they may be able to provide some answers to most of your questions. Alternatively, you may e-mail them at:

studentcentral@unsw.edu.au

I can't guarantee whether they will assist you with any questions since that centre is mainly for support to UNSW students or about-to-be enrolled unsw students. But if you never try, you never know.

Good luck!! Oh and btw if you do plan to do Grad Med, the process does become slightly complicated...from my point of view it sounds abit harder than the umat.

Also you should have enrolled in UMAT exam which should be on every August or so every year. Give it a go! Because if you do well in it, your marks can be used for I believe a maximum of 2 years.

I found that working on the exam papers from centres that provide tuition to pre-umat students to be slightly helpful.

If you want more detailed info on the B Science degree, have a look here: http://www.science.unsw.edu.au/current/2006_enrolment_guide.pdf

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
~Sw33ti3~ said:
hmm... prob is the b.sci in unsw doesn't allow u to do neuroscience.. u HAVE to do Avd sci... which i can't coz i dun do 3 u maths....
but usyd does.... which is a bummer coz i like UNSW....
researchy stuff? dats cool dun mind dat.. since u said neurosurgeons get sued a lot............ no good!!!!

but still... i think mayb i shoul djust do well in my course and then do the grad med... hehe!!

i dun think i wanna b soldier lol!!! =S
Haha Rekkusu, I would like to know where you found your information ;) Just wondering how do you find a science degree clinical when you have no contact with patients :p ?

Btw sweeti, you can do adv science without 3u maths. There are no prerequisites anymore. You *may* be able to do neuroscience in a Bsc by just choosing the subjects. (you can do this for maths, i know, but not sure about neuroscience)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
~Sw33ti3~, all you need to do is to major in Anatomy in B Sc. It's the same thing. You pick ANAT3XXX courses with are of neuroscience in your anatomy major.

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
*looks VERY confused*
but i just read neuroscience is um.. not offered as a major... but anatomy soundsvery diff from neuroscience.....
wat is the diff between b.sci and b.adv sci? lotsa differences???

Rekkusu - i am doing the umat... yeah done training... didn't perfrom TOO badly in the trial exam...(but tutors weren't pleased, need a minimum uai of 97 to at LEAST have a chance... BLAH!) so yeah....

thanks for the info too =D i mite give them a ring or something.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)