med/bio med scince (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
i was wondering what is the maths content in these degrees ( do they have similar maths content) also is 3 unit maths crucial for this degree. or can you get away with either 2 unit or general. i ask because i am currently doing 2 unit but but am failing badly so i want to drop to general.

thankss

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
It depends which uni you plan to do med science at. Usyd I think is the only uni for med sci in NSW that puts a strong emphasis on statistics for science, etc.

For medicine maths is only a prereq for JCU, Bond and the ANU provisional offer.
Med really doesn't have any maths content, most only recommend that you have done chemistry, etc.

< rep yo!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
thankss man,
i think that i am interested in doing either med at MAQ or maybe biomed or med at uts.(i am not really expecting a great UAI)

thanks for the help

edit: so do you think that it would be ok for me to drop down to general so that i can save my uai? or would you recommend that i take a bridging course. thanks

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
thankss man,
i think that i am interested in doing either med at MAQ or maybe biomed or med at uts.(i am not really expecting a great UAI)

thanks for the help

edit: so do you think that it would be ok for me to drop down to general so that i can save my uai? or would you recommend that i take a bridging course. thanks

Sorry I thought u meant medicine.

There are pretty much no prereq's some recommend maths or chem/bio but none of them are compulsory to know.

It's up to you, but yeah I would and then take the bridging course come uni time.

If all else fails > UWS, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)