Maths Tuition - 3U STATE RANK (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
Talent 100 is a similar rate (well at entry level anyway- not sure what happens if you've been there for a while). Another thing to consider is that it isn't just about the money. Like say for me, ok I can charge more for private than tutoring colleges would pay me but I do both because I like working with others and meeting new people and all that sort of stuff.

And bump for nooblet!!!

Helvetica

HSC
My Dux College tutor was only getting payed a rate of $35/hour..
considering there were about 8-10 or so students in each class paying $25/hour each for 2 hours - totalling $400-$500.
I would say that it is preety much "nothing".. $70/$500
can't comment on other companies though.. but I can't really see tutors getting payed excessive amounts (unless they like created the tutoring companies syllabus/notes etc).
I know companies that pay $80 per hour!
(Not entry level though).

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
Yeah its a different rate at talent 100, but my point was because someth1ng said you get paid really badly in comparison to private tutoring, which is not the case
No he didnt he said you get paid really badly in comparison to what the company you work for gets paid

If all tutors just advertised themselves rather than applying for tutoring companies then we would alll be better off.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
No he didnt he said you get paid really badly in comparison to what the company you work for gets paid

If all tutors just advertised themselves rather than applying for tutoring companies then we would alll be better off.
really doesn't matter either way. you're in co op actuarial, if we all started complaining that the company we worked for earned more than what we do, where the hell would this world be?

michaeljennings

HSC
really doesn't matter either way. you're in co op actuarial, if we all started complaining that the company we worked for earned more than what we do, where the hell would this world be?
yea i get what youre saying but I dont think that really has much relevance with tutoring. Its fairly straight forward to get work (students) all by yourself if youre a tutor rather than relying on a company. However lets say I wanted a job as an actuary, I cant just conduct business on my own, I need to be employed by a firm to get work.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yea i get what youre saying but I dont think that really has much relevance with tutoring. Its fairly straight forward to get work (students) all by yourself if youre a tutor rather than relying on a company. However lets say I wanted a job as an actuary, I cant just conduct business on my own, I need to be employed by a firm to get work.
again, either way it doesnt matter. Tutoring with a company or yourself, you'll get satisfaction from teaching and $$$

Thanks for all the bumps guys :)
no worries

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Bump.

Looking for more students. Updated the OP.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
bump.

Updated the OP and spots for the 2014 HSC are now open.

HSC
IDK about his maths tutoring abilities, but this guy is shredded as fuck. Top eyecandy 2k14. Get in kwik peeps.

#ddtuition4lyfe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)