Maths study/ (1 Viewer)

kara42

HSC
How does everyone here study for maths?

Do you just do questions from a textbook, or what?

Because I really need to study but I don't know how.

I've always just worked through exercises but it bores me.

P.S. sorry about the title =/

Last edited:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
do various questions from each topic to ensure i know how to do anything.

go through important formulas

prettyodd

HSC
Don't really study much haha, I just do a few questions from the text book :uhhuh:

janetO

HSC
yeah i basically do the the chapters again and the review. sometimes do chapters from other books too

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
np. also, do the work in class. nothing helps you keep up like.. keeping up. i find if i go harder in class, i just understand everything and its easier on myself come exam time.

kara42

HSC
gibbo153 said:
np. also, do the work in class. nothing helps you keep up like.. keeping up. i find if i go harder in class, i just understand everything and its easier on myself come exam time.
Yeahhh, I do. But I'm finding lately that questions just take me so long to do, so I don't get through many in a lesson. It's frustrating.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
hmm well just make sure you understand the concepts. don't ever think 'hmm didnt really get that but i'll figure it out at home'. its a dangerous game, better to have a 'no leaving the maths room still confused about something' policy.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hello kara :D

Ummm I've found the best way to study for maths is to complete the chapter with the exercises the teacher gives you and stuff but at the end of each topic write out the formulas you learnt in that topic as a summary sheet, maybe include a few examples but I'm talking very minimal (maybe 1-3 pages)
That way you can go back later and revise any important formulas.

I'm not sure if your general textbook has the "challenge questions" but they are usually very helpful, looking at a range of reasources allows you to see different types and styles of questions as well as possibly giving a different approach to a topic which might help your boredom.

Also check one some past papers, the success one books are awesome as they give a stack of HSC past paper with worked solutions and also a list at the front of the questions asked topic-by-topic.

What a lovely rant! I'm so good a procrastinating for english :)

mumajugs1

HSC
Lol well general maths is cooly easy.
Just did a test. i think i nailed it. lol

I find the best way to sudy for maths, or any other science subject is to do simple mindmap. Just start with a topic area or part in the middle. Then expand on it example use Trig and then break off into cosine rules and find theta and angle of depression etc.

And dont spend all your time trying to remember equations. Do examples that concentrate on mixing different things.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
If you're doing general, just write a few formulas and memorise it. And you're set :). Good luck!

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
If you're doing general, just write a few formulas and memorise it. And you're set :). Good luck!
Formula sheet :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)