Mathematics Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

raspberriesandpears

HSC
honestly i think it just depended on your strengths
i find it hard to wrap my head around vectors; conversely i find binomial stats relatively simple
so i probably would have done better on 2022
i guess objective difficulty will all come out in the scaling

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Someone tldr ext 1 paper thoughts and difficulty comparison to previous years. I cbb going through the paper lol

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
its ok we can all agree 2021 will forever be the easiest from the new syllabus. im not afraid to admit it
i got like 55/70 in that and 66/70 in 2020. im all over the place

TankKuno

HSC
Someone tldr ext 1 paper thoughts and difficulty comparison to previous years. I cbb going through the paper lol
normal opinion: 2022 may be a bit harder than 2023, but not much, probs on par (general consensus i reckon)
some wacko opinion: 2022 paper is the most hardest exam and all the 2023 kids are "delusional" for thinking their paper was hard: AAArated

AAArated

HSC
anyway now for my true opinion (I have was just having fun getting you guys worked up) this years exam was probably on par with the 2022 exam. The only hard part about the 2022 exam was the final binomial quesiton but this exam made up for it with the length of the calculations required for the easier topics (everything apart from stats)

but the fact that you guys got worked up does still show your copium :) (even though it was valid)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
even if 2022 was objectively harder, i think the alignment will still be similar
reason for this is that they got the alignment wrong in 2022 and scaling was higher than usual. if they correct that this year, alignment should be the same, but scaling back to normal

TankKuno

HSC
anyway now for my true opinion (I have was just having fun getting you guys worked up) this years exam was probably on par with the 2022 exam. The only hard part about the 2022 exam was the final binomial quesiton but this exam made up for it with the length of the calculations required for the easier topics (everything apart from stats)
the double down XD, broo u can co get a hobby u know, that isnt weird

raspberriesandpears

HSC
i mean i just want to congratulate everyone for doing extension 1 in the first place - it's a rough subject and it was a rough paper regardless of whether or not it was harder than last year. i, for one, felt it was very difficult and i'm fully expecting it to not count towards my atar. but i'm proud that i challenged myself by doing it (as an english/history girlie) and i'm proud of everyone here too <3

FreesiaGaul

HSC

but the fact that you guys got worked up does still show your copium :) (even though it was valid)
pfft - mean. Glad to hear that I’m not fully delusional though.

FreesiaGaul

HSC
i mean i just want to congratulate everyone for doing extension 1 in the first place - it's a rough subject and it was a rough paper regardless of whether or not it was harder than last year. i, for one, felt it was very difficult and i'm fully expecting it to not count towards my atar. but i'm proud that i challenged myself by doing it (as an english/history girlie) and i'm proud of everyone here too <3
<3 nice takeaway - good job to you too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)