Marks needed for entry into medicine (1 Viewer)

callum21

HSC
I missed out on a spot in medicine at uws this year - had a 96.15 atar but only a 155 umat (gws applicant). I'm studying science/law at unsw this year but still want to try for medicine again. Roughly what umat scores would I need to be offered an interview at unsw, uws or uncle? And I'm guessing I would need around a 5.5 gpa how difficult would that be?

nottellingu

HSC
I missed out on a spot in medicine at uws this year - had a 96.15 atar but only a 155 umat (gws applicant). I'm studying science/law at unsw this year but still want to try for medicine again. Roughly what umat scores would I need to be offered an interview at unsw, uws or uncle? And I'm guessing I would need around a 5.5 gpa how difficult would that be?
How did you get into unsw law with 96.15?

red-butterfly

HSC
i know aye!

I have a friend who got an ATAR of 99.5 and missed out on combined law by 0.05 o__O

how the hell did you get into law?

callum21

HSC
I got in unsw with the AAA

I have been searching I've seen the umat/atar scores for unsw but that doesn't give much of an indication as to what umat I might need with uni marks and I can't much at all for uncle

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I got in unsw with the AAA

I have been searching I've seen the umat/atar scores for unsw but that doesn't give much of an indication as to what umat I might need with uni marks and I can't much at all for uncle
Faculty of Medicine - FAQ_local Read this first, and you will realise you will have almost no hope unless you get a really high GPA of >6-7 (which is extremely difficult in law) + an awesome UMAT.

Read the PDF: http://community.boredofstudies.org/330/transfers/45647/topic-university-transfers.html and then convert that UAI to ATAR.

University of Newcastle - Med Students Online

http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/showthread.php?t=4002

Last edited:

nottellingu

HSC
Just work as much as you can and try to get 100% in every assesment you do this year. Give UMAT your best shot and hope for the best.

If this fails during your first year you might want to start to look at GAMSAT prep. You can do both GAMSAT and UMAT in the same year as long as your in the second last year of your degree.

Just keep trying and with a little bit of luck you'll eventually get in, hopefully!
This is my plan as well :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)